• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CBT1 Survey is up on the homepage

17 posts in this topic

Posted

The CBT1 Survey is up on the homepage. Go share your feedback noa!

1 person likes this

Posted

Has been on the Forum for the past 14 hours: 

Lets hope people take this survey seriously.

2 people like this

Posted

thanks flip i barely go to the news page since it only updates once a week. I lurk in the general section typically. Totally missed that!

Posted

The fact that anyone can participate, even though they have not played the game, frightens me.
I hope they will actually filter out people that played CBT1 based on the Family and Character name fields.

2 people like this

Posted

The fact that anyone can participate, even though they have not played the game, frightens me.
I hope they will actually filter out people that played CBT1 based on the Family and Character name fields.

My concern with that is those of us who had names we forgot or misspelled though. My character name was easy but I kinda sorta forget the spelling of my account name. I picked something randomish for beta..I think I spelled it right though..

I do however think they will use those fields to help validate to some extent.

Posted

I hope they post the results in fancy charts and graphs so we can all ooooo and ahhhh over the choices of our shy and quiet lurker population!

xD

1 person likes this

Posted

At the beginning there is a question where you need to tell your ingame name and family name... so maybe that can be a filter, but I don't know if it's a madatory question and you would be able to send the survey without answering that question... personally I've answered all the questions and even gave comments and ideas in the Additional Feedback of every question. So if that question isn't mandatory, maybe they should make it so.

Posted

I hope they post the results in fancy charts and graphs so we can all ooooo and ahhhh over the choices of our shy and quiet lurker population!

xD

It's not advisable to make fun of people... but constructive and politically correct so do speak, unoffending criticism would be beneficial. Ultimately we want to attract as many people possible to this community, not scare them off... especially since this is a buy-to-play game. That way it would help the game's longevity.

Posted

It's not advisable to make fun of people... but constructive and politically correct so do speak, unoffending criticism would be beneficial. Ultimately we want to attract as many people possible to this community, not scare them off... especially since this is a buy-to-play game. That way it would help the game's longevity.

I'm not sure what you thought I meant, I didn't mean make fun O.o 

I meant there's going to be a silent majority who will take the survey who never post on the forum and voice an opinion, so it would be great to see the results especially as it asked questions on heated topics. Google forms are used regularly on some subreddits I frequent, and it gives you tools to prepare a visual representation of the data you collect, which you can then make public. It's still anonymous, nobody would be named, don't worry.

Posted (edited)

I don't think they would publicize their data. I could be wrong but my expectation is they use it in conversation when defending decisions. This empowers them without empowering us or their competitors(minor concern there but still why give away info if you dont have to).

A large percentage of our users wanted X, so we did Y. How could we say they were wrong? What do they call a large percentage? etc etc.

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

I hope they gonna make the results public.

Just imagine the tears if the overwhelming majority (as usual) vote for lower pvp/pk penalties.

Posted

I'm not sure what you thought I meant, I didn't mean make fun O.o 

I meant there's going to be a silent majority who will take the survey who never post on the forum and voice an opinion, so it would be great to see the results especially as it asked questions on heated topics. Google forms are used regularly on some subreddits I frequent, and it gives you tools to prepare a visual representation of the data you collect, which you can then make public. It's still anonymous, nobody would be named, don't worry.

Oh, ok ! Thanks for clarifying it... that last emoticon threw me off, and besides... english is not my native language, learned it from cartoons, movies and internet.

Posted

I don't think they would publicize their data. I could be wrong but my expectation is they use it in conversation when defending decisions. This empowers them without empowering us or their competitors(minor concern there but still why give away info if you dont have to).

A large percentage of our users wanted X, so we did Y. How could we say they were wrong? What do they call a large percentage? etc etc.

Yep, the ol' Competition... also thought of that besides what I've said to Anouka. If other rival companies get hold of this data, they could tailor their product (game/s) accordingly so ultimately they would "steal" customers from Daum.

Posted (edited)

Yep, the ol' Competition... also thought of that besides what I've said to Anouka. If other rival companies get hold of this data, they could tailor their product (game/s) accordingly so ultimately they would "steal" customers from Daum.

If nothing else I would use it to help market by game over a competitor. Because you can see what the community wants or doesn't like and then toot your horn louder about the strengths of your product.

Edited by Luciferia
clarity
1 person likes this

Posted

i just hope most people actually gave their feedback based on their experiences during the CBT1 and not what they experienced in RU/KR/JP.
and most of all, i hope people give feedback based on their OWN opinion.
there's just too many lemmings that can't think for themselfs.

sometimes i feel like im in a middle of some war, reading some posts.
if you're not of the same opinion as another person you instantly get attacked.
this is not a healthy behaviour, but i don't think i need to say more than "welcome to the internet" anymore.

Posted

i just hope most people actually gave their feedback based on their experiences during the CBT1 and not what they experienced in RU/KR/JP.

I am pretty confident that most ppl who played other versions would only put feedback based on to the EU/NA version. People who played foreign versions want their local version to be good for them to play. 

Many of the questions acknowledged that changes were made, something was new, or unique to the CBT1. The way the questions were worded help ensure people are in the right place to answer a question.  For example

How would you rate the current class balance.

Please rate the current UI.

How do you feel about the new energy system?

How do you feel about the changes to the weather system?

Emphasis mine. Someone reading this would easily switch mindsets to think about CBT1 and not some other version. The questions were pretty well worded. This isn't some sloppy forum poll. How you phrase a question largely impacts responses. It puts participates in the right mindset and notice how they were not biased :)

"Didn't you love the new GPU monitor-If you don't you suck and its a fact"  Is what you would get out of our overzealous forum members.

Posted

I am curious as to what the ratio is of players that played the foreign version and those that just started in CBT1 NA.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0