• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Catch up system

Catching up to non-working/educating people.   51 votes

1. 1. Would you like a bonus exp over weekends, or restexp?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

Posted

What do you think? Bonus during weekends is a thing in KR and in my opinion works great for people who work and dont have much time during week days. Maybe it doesn't close the gap at all between people who play 7days/week and weekend players but it let people who have mostly weekends feel some progression. Consider that BDO Is SUPPPER time consuming.

Posted

Rest EXP people at least could believe they are still gaining EXP while away. In a real situation people would need to rest and tomorrow have happier mood and better performance.

Posted

like @The Real SirBalin said this could also hurt. people will start grinding only on weekend and forget about the weeks. then the game becomes dead on weeks. I could suggest to have bonus for leveling alts. After you hit soft cap with your main ur alt can gain a 1.2 exp bonus, this could also stack with the amount of charac you have reached soft cap with. 

Although i know this isn't really waht you want. i do think it will help motivate people to play other characs, making it easier to find ppl to grind with at the lower levels. (also devs will earn more money this way, because this mean you will have more characters which you have the possibility to buy costumes for them 

1 person likes this

Posted

Thing is, double exp boosts on weekends could be beneficial because think of it this way, the more you progress the more powerful you become. If a player hops on only during weekends then they miss exp they could gain during the weekdays. So of a player hunts for 4hours every day mon-friday and earns 4mil exp during the week and farms 4 hours each day sat-sun and earns 4mil during the weekend then they gained 8mil total. If another player farms the exact same only on weekends they earn half of what the first player earns, making them weaker. Thats my thinking.

Posted

Maybe, but not before at least 6 months have passed. Otherwise, there would be no point in "catching up" so early.

Posted

bonus exp on weekends would kinda force everyone to play then and in general would lead to less fun due to lags and overpopulation.

rested exp would be a much better way to go, but then again this game has many mechanics that reward staying online, even if afk, so offline rested exp accumulation would have to be significant enough to counter that.

Posted

you realize that double xp on weekends also helps the people that play during the week.. right..?

Posted

Catch up system is alright after a few months every char created should have na exp buff either from quest or from char creation tho...

What really matters is Double XP at weekends is a cool thing still i would consider more postive if they made it by weeks! of course those events after 1 year of BDO being launch or so.

Why not only at weekends and a full week? easy because a lot of the community has a life where it has to use most of the weekend time to take care of while they mostly play during the week while at weekends they just pass by a couple of hours!

1 week would be fair for everyone unless unlucky players that went out on holidays or jobs for the full week but thats nothing we can control, but by giving full weekend double XP ur dening ppl already ;) and yeah the hardcore players would get even more from the full week but thats why hardcores beat causuals in a MMO ....

Simple has that:

Students have free weekends

some students have only free sunday

Normal jobs may have free weekends or just 1 day random (there is static free days for some while some jobs keep rotation on their employs resting day)

Ofc talking in a general way, personaly i wouldnt mind with weekends since i have sunday free 90% of the time ^^ tho wouldnt be fair for everyone sadly!

Posted

If someone join the game after its release/dont have time to play is his/her own problem if you ask me.

Adding catch up systems is kinda unfair to those who play HC imho.

Posted

Rested XP makes sense, but having bonus XP on the weekends would just screw over people who work then so it would just make the situation worse.

Posted

Rested XP makes sense, but having bonus XP on the weekends would just screw over people who work then so it would just make the situation worse.

I was about to post this, i work 3 out of 4 weekends :$

A system with rested xp would be good, wow uses the same thing and i found it particularly helpful for levelling alts.

Posted

Definitely rest exp bonus, the lounger you are inactive the higher the bonus to a certain point. This can be a perfect way to close the gap between no lifes and hard worker ( joke )  since it only benifets  inactive players, on the other hand, weekend exp bonus will benefit both active / inactive players which might lead to a larger gab. 

Posted

Rested XP tends to benefit people with less time than double xp weekends. People who play 7 days a week don't mass rested xp at all. People who can't play during the week do get rested XP.

The downside of rested xp in this game is that there are too many afk functions that most people would ever get rested xp anyways. Horse training, processing, Strength and Stamina training. Are all functions that can be done while afk so. Not sure it would work out very well.

Might have to make rested xp a buff you pick up from an NPC that as long as you stay out of combat you gain rested xp. That way people can stay online doing these afk functions and still gain the rested xp, but then its easy for everyone to get and has no real balancing effect.

Posted

Hey... the longer time you are in-game the more advanced you should get over other players, this thread stinks

Posted

Should of had the pole asking what type of rested exp people prefer :P Since I would not agree with the double exp weekends, but I totally agree with the accumulating enough rested to last about a levels worth. 

Posted

There's bonus XP during night time.  That's it.  It's already easy to get to 50 and that's the catch up part, because it greatly slows down after... What's your reasoning for this?  I'd love to debate but I don't see a point to implementing this.

Posted

Rested XP is a nice idea, I wouldn't mind seeing it. Let's be honest, it'll never fully catch casuals up to the hardcore nolifers anyway, but it'll certainly help take the edge off :D

Posted

It makes sense for games like Uncharted Water Online where it takes two-three years to get to max level but not for this game. Besides, if you're getting free exp, you'll get bored of the game eventually, work your way through, it's fun.

Posted

wth the game havent even launch and people already want a catch up system.