• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Obtaining Grunil Set

35 posts in this topic

Posted

How will/can we obtain Grunil pieces?

Posted

Just like you could obtain every other armor piece, crafting and drops...

Posted

It's a fairly frequent drop amongst mediah mobs

Posted

It will be craftable in new city and also a drop. Im sure there will be plenty on market. Myself im yet undecided if i should go for this set or no, but im leaning on not getting it.

Posted

It will be craftable in new city and also a drop. Im sure there will be plenty on market. Myself im yet undecided if i should go for this set or no, but im leaning on not getting it.

Aint this supposed to be our new gear? I think you should go for this set because everyone kept saying the current gear is kind off useless now to upgrade further then past 5+

Posted

Aint this supposed to be our new gear? I think you should go for this set because everyone kept saying the current gear is kind off useless now to upgrade further then past 5+

My current gear is +15 i think i will just skip grunill and wait till i get boss set.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm defenetly going for that Grunil set alest the looks of it is desent  far better then the hobo look i have on my witch now

1 person likes this

Posted

Just do the amity minigame with the NPC should be easy to get enough knowledge and you can even do it on low lvl alts if you collect the knowledge before.

Posted (edited)

My current gear is +15 i think i will just skip grunill and wait till i get boss set.

Wait i thought Grunil was supposed to drop from the boss? Any other gear he's dropping then?

And gratz on the 15+ armor, i'm jelly :P

Edited by Hro

Posted (edited)

npc will sell it i think for amity like the other sets,ofc drop and craft too

Edited by Ruka

Posted

In a few days the market will be flooded with it anyway.

Posted

Here's hoping they don't drop it into the market at 200-300k a piece like kr was last I played ;) honestly unsure if I want the head ache of upgrading grunil... so many black stones on kr... the horror.

Posted

Wait i thought Grunil was supposed to drop from the boss? Any other gear he's dropping then?

And gratz on the 15+ armor, i'm jelly :P

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/11017/

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/10934/

Grunill armor is a new set like zereth tariitas etc drops from monsters is craftable can be uppgraded to yellow. Then there is new boss armor set as well.

Posted (edited)

Here's hoping they don't drop it into the market at 200-300k a piece like kr was last I played ;) honestly unsure if I want the head ache of upgrading grunil... so many black stones on kr... the horror.

As i said you can buy it from the npc for around 100k a piece i think, use alts if you don't have enough energy it's very easy.

Edited by Asmodeus

Posted

I'm ashamed to admit this... I refuse to play the amity game. I hate it with a passion. I actually craft my own Argerian instead of buying it in Velia and farmed yuria longswords instead of buying in calpheon.

Posted

I'm ashamed to admit this... I refuse to play the amity game. I hate it with a passion. I actually craft my own Argerian instead of buying it in Velia and farmed yuria longswords instead of buying in calpheon.

Your choice.

Posted

So I'll be at work till 6pm and my main is like 34 so I won't go to Mediah, well not for grinding mobs at least, so if everyone could spam the AH in Jordine with Grunil armors that'd be awesome. Preferably Heidel market. 

Thanks~

Posted

Grunil is a major upgrade from any of the previous sets, since it mainly gives a second crystal slot per piece (which is very important), not to mention other stat boosts. The problem with this set is precisely because it's a Mediah add-on, little people will most propably upgrade due to fact they already have the previous sets enchanted to +15; switching to grunil would require another tremendous effort in terms of upgrading your gear and consume more money... there's also the fact we're getting the new boss drops, which are superior to grunil (although kind of harder to obtain and upgrade). It instantly makes Grunil kind of obsolete, considering a lot of hardcore players will propably switch to boss gear soon.

I'd say, if you're a new player, definately get grunil as it's a lot better than the previous sets and a great choice for practically every single class ingame (which means, you'll be able to swap it easier between all your characters!); if you're an old player and already own maxed out gear, it depends whether you're that competitive and have enough silver for the upgrades.

1 person likes this

Posted

Are they going to have Level 3 reforms to make the Grunil Gold or do we have to keep RNG crafting it a million times?

Posted

Craftable in any Armor Workshop lvl 5, not city bound...

Posted

Grunil is a major upgrade from any of the previous sets, since it mainly gives a second crystal slot per piece (which is very important), not to mention other stat boosts. The problem with this set is precisely because it's a Mediah add-on, little people will most propably upgrade due to fact they already have the previous sets enchanted to +15; switching to grunil would require another tremendous effort in terms of upgrading your gear and consume more money... there's also the fact we're getting the new boss drops, which are superior to grunil (although kind of harder to obtain and upgrade). It instantly makes Grunil kind of obsolete, considering a lot of hardcore players will propably switch to boss gear soon.

I'd say, if you're a new player, definately get grunil as it's a lot better than the previous sets and a great choice for practically every single class ingame (which means, you'll be able to swap it easier between all your characters!); if you're an old player and already own maxed out gear, it depends whether you're that competitive and have enough silver for the upgrades.

reasonable strategy

Posted

I recently finished upgrading my gear on +15 and as a Warrior i will not switch to Grunil.

I go with 3 pc Taritas and 1pc Zereth which is a shitload more dp than Grunil:

VE1Hhdl.png

1 person likes this

Posted

I recently finished upgrading my gear on +15 and as a Warrior i will not switch to Grunil.

I go with 3 pc Taritas and 1pc Zereth which is a shitload more dp than Grunil:

VE1Hhdl.png

You might want to change that shield to the Axion one, you'll see why i say this by the time GvG launches.