• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New Region - Mediah

178 posts in this topic

Posted

Are the other classes coming after this ? 

Posted

Do people who pre ordered the conquer package get it free?

Posted

Do people who pre ordered the conquer package get it free?

Everyone gets it free.

Posted

ok.. waiting 6 months for gear and have a nice day from griefers? best answer :) or forgot your old life? :D

Dude i play casual a few hours a day and afk fishing the rest of the time , im lv 51.40% i have weapons +15 gear +12 and acc, all blue primary is easy to get gear in this game. wth 6 month..... already stocking up memory shards for liverto. manage your time better...

Posted

Idk why they even increase the level cap, or make it easier to level if no one really used their gear or level or skills yet outside of hitting mobs and easy to do bosses. I thought people gear up for PvP? People had +15 sets but those were never needed to do any of the content this game had from day one, and still has to this day. 

Castle sieges, node wars? Where the ----- is actual content that needs people to use these sets and weapons that are ingame? I can kill monsters fine on a non-enchanted weapon. I might grind abit slower, but there's no rush since there's as much to do as a level 55 as there's for a lv 10. I can fish and gather herbs on any low level character. Daum is stupid, no conversation to be had about it. They released a game that does everything right for 1 kind of player, and those are the ones with alot of free time on their hands, that don't spend time outside. Who still actually enjoy spending hours killing the same mobs, or spending hours figuring out stupid work/node systems to make silver for you while you afk fish. 

People before wrote that whoever don't rush enchant and lv 50, can't survive Mediah. I did level to 50 to find myself bored as -----, I didn't enchant anything, and I can do Mediah grind just fine? Would've been alot better if people actually got a chance to play with strong sets ( as in group PvP ). Then once people done that, add a new set so people would be motivated into enchanting the new set to stay in competition in actual wars. 

Red Battlefield < shit translation, is a fail. Every PvP'er seems to have already left since the game has nothing that supports PvP, battlefields are pretty much empty all day long. 

In the month this game has been out, i've been killed 3 times. 2 times while afk traveling to a quest, other time while grinding mobs for a quest 3 turned on their PvP and killed me. That's all i've seen PvP wise in a month. They turn on PvP, kill you, run away and turn it back off. Much excite. 

tldr; Add content that players that joined for PvP can enjoy, add the extra classes. Hold off on the extra quests, extra gather crap. the game already had enough of that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Idk why they even increase the level cap, or make it easier to level if no one really used their gear or level or skills yet outside of hitting mobs and easy to do bosses. I thought people gear up for PvP? People had +15 sets but those were never needed to do any of the content this game had from day one, and still has to this day. 

Castle sieges, node wars? Where the ----- is actual content that needs people to use these sets and weapons that are ingame? I can kill monsters fine on a non-enchanted weapon. I might grind abit slower, but there's no rush since there's as much to do as a level 55 as there's for a lv 10. I can fish and gather herbs on any low level character. Daum is stupid, no conversation to be had about it. They released a game that does everything right for 1 kind of player, and those are the ones with alot of free time on their hands, that don't spend time outside. Who still actually enjoy spending hours killing the same mobs, or spending hours figuring out stupid work/node systems to make silver for you while you afk fish. 

People before wrote that whoever don't rush enchant and lv 50, can't survive Mediah. I did level to 50 to find myself bored as -----, I didn't enchant anything, and I can do Mediah grind just fine? Would've been alot better if people actually got a chance to play with strong sets ( as in group PvP ). Then once people done that, add a new set so people would be motivated into enchanting the new set to stay in competition in actual wars. 

Red Battlefield < shit translation, is a fail. Every PvP'er seems to have already left since the game has nothing that supports PvP, battlefields are pretty much empty all day long. 

In the month this game has been out, i've been killed 3 times. 2 times while afk traveling to a quest, other time while grinding mobs for a quest 3 turned on their PvP and killed me. That's all i've seen PvP wise in a month. They turn on PvP, kill you, run away and turn it back off. Much excite. 

tldr; Add content that players that joined for PvP can enjoy, add the extra classes. Hold off on the extra quests, extra gather crap. the game already had enough of that.

Just another big load of uninformed crap. :) Doesn't matter if I debunk your whole story, you'll keep saying bull instead of having valid points of critique.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just another big load of uninformed crap. :) Doesn't matter if I debunk your whole story, you'll keep saying bull instead of having valid points of critique.

This forum in a nutshell. :(

Posted

Ok Coookie_monster, a 12 y/o joining in an arguement, yolo attitude? Can't debunk facts. In what way could you make it so the game suddenly does have a need for +15 sets or has actual PvP content beside the empty red battlefield? If you need a new enchanted set 1month ingame which added monsters that are easy and squishy, then my bad. 

Posted

Ok Coookie_monster, a 12 y/o joining in an arguement, yolo attitude? Can't debunk facts. In what way could you make it so the game suddenly does have a need for +15 sets or has actual PvP content beside the empty red battlefield? If you need a new enchanted set 1month ingame which added monsters that are easy and squishy, then my bad. 

Yes of course it's your bad when you're stating all that bull which is just factual not correct. Just 1 example to feed your holy trolliness, complaining everyone left the Red Battlefield while this content is just a day old. Job well done.

Posted

+ Equipment can be enchanted to higher level

WHERE? .-.

Posted (edited)

Yes of course it's your bad when you're stating all that bull which is just factual not correct. Just 1 example to feed your holy trolliness, complaining everyone left the Red Battlefield while this content is just a day old. Job well done.

Re-read please, i've never said that. I said since there's no PvP content that the other versions do have, there's still no reason for players who saw the Korean video's to play this version. So when they hit levelcap, which they reach in 4-5days of grinding? They just go back to afk fishing again. Red battlefield is a way in the right direction, but really not the PvP me or the people I joined with are looking for and since it has a auto balance for stats your +15 set still won't do anything PvP wise. 

No one leaves the battlefield i'm sure. But also barely anyone joins them in the first place. 

Edited by Jiyeon

Posted

I wonder when they'll have the Q&A out. They said that they'll have it by the 5th of April (a day before patch day/routine maintenance), but does that mean that they're literally going to put it off until the last minute? I wouldn't put it past them, since that's what they did with the Mediah trailer. 

...Anywho, the only justification for them putting it out on April 5th is if they were going to release Blader/Plum on the 6th, and they wanted their Q&A answer for the plethora of "WHUR MUH BLADER/PLUM M8?!?!?!?!" questions to be a cheeky "very soon kek"

1 person likes this

Posted

Looks good!

Posted (edited)

Re-read please, i've never said that. I said since there's no PvP content that the other versions do have, there's still no reason for players who saw the Korean video's to play this version. So when they hit levelcap, which they reach in 4-5days of grinding? They just go back to afk fishing again. Red battlefield is a way in the right direction, but really not the PvP me or the people I joined with are looking for and since it has a auto balance for stats your +15 set still won't do anything PvP wise. 

No one leaves the battlefield i'm sure. But also barely anyone joins them in the first place. 

Complaining about something a day old stuff being still empty. People are exploring and upping their new gears. Wait until you draw your conclusions about this.

Edited by Cookie_Monster
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hey Jiyeon, it's good to hear your criticism, but please be more open minded! The BDO team is working hard to provide us with great content. For starters, not everyone is into PvP. A majority of players enjoy the PVE/Crafting/Gathering and social aspects that this MMO does an excellent job in providing. This game is barely a month old and you're expecting some top-notch PvP system in play. It takes trial and error to find what really suits the needs of those who wish to PvP and I think you just need to wait a little longer. There is plenty of content and multiple classes to play through to make the wait a little less painful. Don't forget, a large portion of potential PvPers are still trying to learn and get a feel for the game. People are trying new builds and testing out combos. It will come! Promise!

Just have fun :)

Bluxberry

Complaining about something a day old stuff being still empty. People are exploring and upping their new gears. Wait until you draw your conclusions about this.

I think you make a very good point, Cookie! There are still lots of people, including myself, trying to explore, learn, and get through the massive amount of content before we even consider PvP.

Keep exploring :)

Bluxberry

Edited by Bluxberry
3 people like this

Posted

Hey Jiyeon, it's good to hear your criticism, but please be more open minded! The BDO team is working hard to provide us with great content. For starters, not everyone is into PvP. A majority of players enjoy the PVE/Crafting/Gathering and social aspects that this MMO does an excellent job in providing. This game is barely a month old and you're expecting some top-notch PvP system in play. It takes trial and error to find what really suits the needs of those who wish to PvP and I think you just need to wait a little longer. There is plenty of content and multiple classes to play through to make the wait a little less painful. Don't forget, a large portion of potential PvPers are still trying to learn and get a feel for the game. People are trying new builds and testing out combos. It will come! Promise!

Just have fun :)

Bluxberry

I think you make a very good point, Cookie! There are still lots of people, including myself, trying to explore, learn, and get through the massive amount of content before we even consider PvP.

Keep exploring :)

Bluxberry

I get that, and I feel the game has alot to offer for the people who are playing for the PvE, since the Node system and life skills are so in depth, and the world is huge, a house system. There's really nothing much that you could ask for, this game has it all. But that's why I find it odd, this game already had everything, all Mediah did was increase the amount of it. while PvP players didn't really get anything worthwhile? Node wars and Castle sieges would be so much better, since it'll be based on guild activity. I know it will come in time, but it sucks to wait, and then after a month the things get added that I personally am not really into? I do it all, just so i'm not far behind when sieges and such do get released.

Took me 1 free day to switch from my old set to Grunil, weapon I was able to stick with. But maybe that's the downside of having different versions of a game. I got hyped up for the game by the videos I saw of the sieges and GvG battles near node's, but we don't have these things. Most probably didn't even have +15 old sets yet, or their accesories ready, never got to use them and now they're irrelevant since better things are already out. How that makes sense? Market flooded with +15 sets, witch ring prices insanly dropped because of a high amount being sold, just after 1 month. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I am extremely curious when horse racing will be a thing. I have run around in the new zone and towns without being able to find it, so I am guessing it isn't in yet?

Posted

Sausans are life.

Posted

because the update did not come the big potion these large potion of not safe for the media region in Sausan post ''

please add big potion in the next maintenance required! 

Posted

I wonder when they'll have the Q&A out. They said that they'll have it by the 5th of April (a day before patch day/routine maintenance), but does that mean that they're literally going to put it off until the last minute? I wouldn't put it past them, since that's what they did with the Mediah trailer. 

...Anywho, the only justification for them putting it out on April 5th is if they were going to release Blader/Plum on the 6th, and they wanted their Q&A answer for the plethora of "WHUR MUH BLADER/PLUM M8?!?!?!?!" questions to be a cheeky "very soon kek"

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't do the Q&A at all.  As you say they are leaving it till the last minute.  They skipped the last PM diary that was scheduled. So I wouldn't hold your breath on the Q&A.

Didn't we hear Plum/Blader mid April. So probably another week will go by at least (probably 2).  I've moved over to Blade and Soul in the meantime to try out the new Warlock class.

I haven't played any other version of Black Desert, so I only have videos and information to go on about the Blader, but that is the class I want to main.  My concern is that its not as good as I hope it is and the blader turns out to be a similar but quicker version of the warrior.  Can anyone whose played Blader give me further insight?

Posted (edited)

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't do the Q&A at all.  As you say they are leaving it till the last minute.  They skipped the last PM diary that was scheduled. So I wouldn't hold your breath on the Q&A.

Eh, I have a little bit more faith in Daum than that. The Q&A was, after all, supposed to be a "We're sorry!" gift to the community for them not being able to come up with a PM diary in time. They have to know that if they fail to deliver on this -- especially with no advanced warning -- there'll be hell to pay.

Edited by Thorson

Posted

This might come as a surprise, but the people complaining about content coming too fast are not the same as the people complaining that there isn't enough content.

The logic is real.

People complain just to complain, regardless of logic. Point being, people are going to complain no matter what the situation is.

You have people at both sides of the spectrum -  People ----- about stuff too quickly, people ----- if there isn't enough, people will ----- once they rush to max lvl and run into a wall(in which this case, its the players own fault for rushing) MMO players in general are a difficult crowd to please.  I honestly feel bad for devs.  They can't win either way they slice it.

Right now I am more focused on PvE, leveling up, enjoying that side of the game for now but I do have to say, where the hell does all the PvP even take place in this game?  I've ran all over the map and haven't seen any PvP battles going on unless I am in the wrong channels.  I used to be on Velia E1 on Edan but it became overly packed that I couldn't even find mobs to hunt for regular levels so I moved to Valencia E1, E2, and E3.  Its still busy but not much in the hunting areas which has been nice. 

As to your complaints, this is the issue I personally have with MMO's that focus on PvP being the main draw to the game.  There isn't much staying power unless done right.  In fact, name 1 MMO in the past few years or so that has been a PvP focused MMO that's been a successful?  I cannot name one.  PvP focused MMO's in my opinion have a much smaller audience than those focused on PvE and usually don't last very long.  Are castle sieges, node wars, etc really going to add much in terms of longevity type "content"?  I hear more complaints about classes not being released more than anything else. Personally, if they continue to add more PvE type content, those big contested dungeons they have in KR that are 55+ I see this being more a successful PvE game than PvP but that's just my opinion. 

I am enjoying the wealth of content that clearly all you grinders chose to ignore.  I still have many thousands of quests to complete.

I am a quester and I am old school in the sense that I played EQ1 for 6 years which was practically 99% grinding so I have a love for it.  I like both forms of content the game provides! :)

1 person likes this

Posted

People complain just to complain, regardless of logic. Point being, people are going to complain no matter what the situation is.

You have people at both sides of the spectrum -  People ----- about stuff too quickly, people ----- if there isn't enough, people will ----- once they rush to max lvl and run into a wall(in which this case, its the players own fault for rushing) MMO players in general are a difficult crowd to please.  I honestly feel bad for devs.  They can't win either way they slice it.

Right now I am more focused on PvE, leveling up, enjoying that side of the game for now but I do have to say, where the hell does all the PvP even take place in this game?  I've ran all over the map and haven't seen any PvP battles going on unless I am in the wrong channels.  I used to be on Velia E1 on Edan but it became overly packed that I couldn't even find mobs to hunt for regular levels so I moved to Valencia E1, E2, and E3.  Its still busy but not much in the hunting areas which has been nice. 

As to your complaints, this is the issue I personally have with MMO's that focus on PvP being the main draw to the game.  There isn't much staying power unless done right.  In fact, name 1 MMO in the past few years or so that has been a PvP focused MMO that's been a successful?  I cannot name one.  PvP focused MMO's in my opinion have a much smaller audience than those focused on PvE and usually don't last very long.  Are castle sieges, node wars, etc really going to add much in terms of longevity type "content"?  I hear more complaints about classes not being released more than anything else. Personally, if they continue to add more PvE type content, those big contested dungeons they have in KR that are 55+ I see this being more a successful PvE game than PvP but that's just my opinion. 

I am a quester and I am old school in the sense that I played EQ1 for 6 years which was practically 99% grinding so I have a love for it.  I like both forms of content the game provides! :)

Aion :P Both populair in west and east and is still going strong with updates. It all depends on what the PvP rewards is going to be. If you get enchant items or something to improve your gear it should be worth doing for players. I played a game where the rewards were not that big of a deal, but owning a terrority in the game was something all the guilds wanted ( braggin rights ). and people didn't miss any war for years. 

But at this moment i've noticed more PvP, not me personally because I don't grind much, but there's some guilds who want to own grind spots, they even declare war on other guilds for it so they can freely PK the people who come there. For example our guild did a guild quest where we had to kill 800 or so monsters in Mediah region. Another guild was grinding there and started PKing our members, in return we fought back, which leaded to the enemy guild leader + his other members come in great numbers. At the end we were in a war because they declared it on us, and there were about 20 of each guild staring off and fighting. Really fun, and I hope it'll happen more often. This was the first time I actually felt like gearing up to compete, which is kinda sad after a month. :P 

So although I complained before, it does seem to go to the right direction, slowly. 

Posted

Aion :P Both populair in west and east and is still going strong with updates. It all depends on what the PvP rewards is going to be. If you get enchant items or something to improve your gear it should be worth doing for players. I played a game where the rewards were not that big of a deal, but owning a terrority in the game was something all the guilds wanted ( braggin rights ). and people didn't miss any war for years. 

But at this moment i've noticed more PvP, not me personally because I don't grind much, but there's some guilds who want to own grind spots, they even declare war on other guilds for it so they can freely PK the people who come there. For example our guild did a guild quest where we had to kill 800 or so monsters in Mediah region. Another guild was grinding there and started PKing our members, in return we fought back, which leaded to the enemy guild leader + his other members come in great numbers. At the end we were in a war because they declared it on us, and there were about 20 of each guild staring off and fighting. Really fun, and I hope it'll happen more often. This was the first time I actually felt like gearing up to compete, which is kinda sad after a month. :P 

So although I complained before, it does seem to go to the right direction, slowly. 

Is Mediah where most players/guilds are?  I am over in the area where all the Catfish/abandoned Monastery/Treants are where I used to see lots of people in streams but on the actual server, I dont see very many people there at all.  Even Serendia Shrine its usually empty.  Are most people over in Mediah right now?  All the channels on Edan during primetime are all crowded but yet in-game I don't see many.   

Posted

Is Mediah where most players/guilds are?  I am over in the area where all the Catfish/abandoned Monastery/Treants are where I used to see lots of people in streams but on the actual server, I dont see very many people there at all.  Even Serendia Shrine its usually empty.  Are most people over in Mediah right now?  All the channels on Edan during primetime are all crowded but yet in-game I don't see many.   

Hm, good question. Since I started a new class I didn't see much of the Mediah grind spots. But from what i've seen in the lower level regions, they're pretty much empty. And although the city in Mediah does have a decent amount of people, the rest seems queit empty... Idk if a big amount have left the game or it just feels alot emptier since mediah update.