• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Question after patch notes

57 posts in this topic

Posted

First here is the link to patch notes: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/59844-patch-notes-march-30th/

zHEwgxo.pngRanger

• Fixed the issue where left-click aerial shots did not work after using Wall Breaker I and II when Bow Skill was Lv. 6 or higher.

• The damage amount for Will of Wind slightly increased.

• The damage amount for Charging Wind I, II, III, and IV increased.

• The damage amount for Dagger of Protection dramatically increased.

• The damage amount for the aerial shots after Evasive Shot slightly decreased.

• The damage amount for S:/EX: Charging Wind slightly decreased.

• The damage amount for EX: Descending Current slightly decreased.

Aerial shots after evasive shot is the umbrella of arrows after explosive evasive shot?? what do you think??

Posted

I'm just not a huge fan of this line:

The damage amount for S:/EX: Charging Wind slightly decreased.

How slight is slightly?

Posted

We have to DRAMATICALLY find out that.

Posted

We got butt -----ed this patch. Might as well bend over and spread em man.

Posted

I guess it is time to put the bow on the shelf and reroll... :/ sorc still didnt get any changes. 

Posted

Guys we have to know how much is SLIGHTLY and DRAMATICALLY. 

Do you think we can ask to a CM in term of %? I don't know how to do that :D 

Someone call a CM here to help rangers community.

Posted (edited)

RANGER NERF HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

Really though, the damage for CW 1-2-3-4 was too low: at charge 4, against a 155DP enemy with my AP being 90, I was doing 50 points of damage. 50!

In any case, asking Daum for numbers is a pointless request. We need to test this out ourselves.

Edited by hihey54

Posted

RANGER NERF HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

Really though, the damage for CW 1-2-3-4 was too low: at charge 4, against a 155DP enemy with my AP being 90, I was doing 50 points of damage. 50!

In any case, asking Daum for numbers is a pointless request. We need to test this out ourselves.

The problem is we can't test previous version/new version :D

For me the main question is:

Is EES still the skill-to-go to farm till 50? If the slightly decrease is around 10% or 15% the answer is yes. But 25?%? 30%? still usefull that case?

Posted (edited)

The problem is we can't test previous version/new version :D

For me the main question is:

Is EES still the skill-to-go to farm till 50? If the slightly decrease is around 10% or 15% the answer is yes. But 25?%? 30%? still usefull that case?

I do have some videos in which I cleared some Manshas spawns with EES. Since my gear did not change at all from when I took them, I can easily make a comparison :>

(I took these videos for my tests on Accuracy, although I didn't use them for that at the end. Good thing I haven't deleted them yet!)

Edited by hihey54

Posted (edited)

I do have some videos in which I cleared some Manshas spawns EES. Since my gear did not change at all from when I took them, I can easily make a comparison :>

Love you so much. I will try to find out if the same nerf was applied in Korea or Russia and check if someone tested it already :)

Edited by Sir_Aldebaran

Posted

Looking forward to see what results you guys come up with :) 

Posted (edited)

I hope this nerf will not be too hard, because of all the crybabies whinning about ranger !

Edited by Arguros
1 person likes this

Posted

So basically our main means of levelling in pve has been nerfed. But am interested in how much :) 

Posted (edited)

If I read that correctly in Reddit:

"The damage amount for the aerial shots after Evasive Shot slightly decreased"

"Feel like almost a 50-70% damage reduction compared to yesterday but "slightly", eh. :("

Edited by Nathalia

Posted

"Feel like almost a 50-70% damage reduction compared to yesterday but "slightly", eh. :("

This doesnt bode well... :/ 

Posted

I hope not...

Posted (edited)

if it's true, maybe we can now oneshot with the dagger. Since "slightly" is  50-70%, "Dramatically" should be insane xD

Edited by Arguros

Posted

if it's true, maybe we can now oneshot with the dagger. Since "slightly" is  50-70%, "Dramatically" should be insane xD

The buff on the dagger was the ultimate troll after nerfing our primary skills. 

Posted

Yup totally. It's like nobody use it..

Posted (edited)

Ok tested it. I think the damage decrease is of around 15-20%. With 90AP, I cannot reliably kill Mansha Warriors with 2 "umbrellas" (unless I Crit-Back Attack-Down Attack), and they are left with 10-15% HP.

http://imgur.com/RIiSL5A

A lot of people are getting carried-away from the news of the nerf. If they hit 50% less is because they are either scoring less criticals/less down attacks/less back attacks/less hits overall.

It was actually really difficult to catch an image, in both videos, in which I could see that NONE of my attacks had a "damage bonus" to them.

Edited by hihey54
1 person likes this

Posted

Ok tested it. I think the damage decrease is of around 15-20%. With 90AP, I cannot reliably kill Mansha Warriors with 2 "umbrellas" (unless I Crit-Back Attack-Down Attack), and they are left with 10-15% HP.

A lot of people are getting carried-away from the news of the nerf. If they hit 50% less is because they are either scoring less criticals/less down attacks/less back attacks/less hits overall.

It was actually really difficult to catch an image, in both videos, in which I could see that NONE of my attacks had a "damage bonus" to them.

I simply cannot fathom how a nerf to our primary farming mechanism was justified.  Meanwhile, wizards and witches run around dominating PvE and need no mana potions to do so.  Less damage on this ability means our potion chugging is only going to get worse or we'll need to rely on being rooted by razor wind to kill effectively/mana efficiently.   I'm mostly concerned about this nerf because higher level, more spongy mobs were just released.

Posted

Thanks for the testing and info! Could you get any idea of how much the shotgun was nerfed?

Posted (edited)

Thank you, i have the same feelings about 15-20% but i don't have real data numbers to prove that. 

EES is without any doubt still the best farming skill in term of damage,mobility and mana managing till level 50.

Edited by Sir_Aldebaran

Posted

15-20% still seems way more than "slightly decreased".

I'd call slightly 5-10%. I wish they would just give us combat logs or actual math in the patch notes. Take the guess work out and let people make informed decisions.

Posted

Thanks for the testing and info! Could you get any idea of how much the shotgun was nerfed?

Unfortunately I can't, and it would be very hard given the characteristics of UCW's attack (lots of small attacks that can each crit or miss). 

The funny thing is that the damage reported in the tooltip is still the same as before: Small Arrow Damage: 243%*10 and Big Arrow Damage: 735%*2

(I used the values reported here as source: http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/ranger - which should hold true unless they were already updated to our current version, which I highly doubt that this is the case).

Thank you, i have the same feelings about 15-20% but i don't have real data numbers to prove that. 

EES is without any doubt still the best farming skill in term of damage,mobility and mana managing till level 50.

Yes, I concur. Can't understand why the nerfed its damage considering that it is mainly used for farming rather than for PvP stuff - which is usually the thing people complain about - but heh, whatever. I'll keep using it and my build won't change because of this nerf.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0