• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Future content updates [ Interview for INVEN.CO.KR]

58 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Disclaimer(This is also at the end of the post): This is not in any ways official statement made or a "promise" of any kind. Also it this was not an official press conference but simply an open interview(answers to questions below are follow up interview with inven) held in South Korea regarding Black Desert. The questions were answered by legal representative of Daum EU(Min-Sung Kim). Also please avoid making accusations or complaining about CMs of Daum. I respect them for taking their time to do their best and I want to thank them for all the work they have done so far. I know that many people were hungry for some broad layout so I am simply sharing latest information available that was not available to english community to ease the tension. Please don't get angry at Daum if they derail from the schedule laid out in this post. Thank you! (And thank you for Deska for adding the statement at the bottom for additional clarification:))

So Daum EU recently held press conference regarding Black Desert EU/NA launch and they laid out future plan for NA/EU.

Source: http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=153910&site=black

Key points:

-"업데이트 일정의 경우, 국내 서비스에서 이미 상당 부분 진행했기 때문에, 안정적인 컨텐츠 업데이트가 가능하다는 장점이 있다. 메디아 업데이트도 3월 말에 진행하게 됐는데, 원래는 4월 중순에 추가될 예정이었다."

Regarding update schedule, we can release stable updates quickly. For example, Mediah was initially planned for middle of April but we were able to release it at the end of March.

-'바이 투 플레이'라는 진입 장벽이 있음에도 불구하고 여전히 많은 유저들이 게임패스를 구매하고 있다. 또한, 캐시샵 아이템 가격이 비교적 높은 편인데, 이런 캐시 아이템에서도 많은 매출이 나오고 있다. 이런 것을 보고 지금의 트렌드가 적어도 올해에는 계속 유지될 것이라고 확신하고 있다.

While the game is "buy to play," many users are still purchasing game pass. Furthermore, even though cash items are relatively expensive, we are maintaining large revenue and we predict that current trend will last until end of this year.

-"컨텐츠 업데이트는 유럽의 '온라인 게임 비수기'인 4월, 5월, 6월을 극복하기 위해 준비됐다. 4월과 5월에는 나머지 4개의 클래스를 오픈할 예정이고, 기타 발렌시아 같은 신규지역, 각성 같은 것은 6월부터 순차적으로 진행할 예정이다."

Key contents update period will be april, may, and june considering that these are online games' dry season. 4 classes is planned to launch is april and may. Other contents such as Valencia and awakening update will take place beginning in June.

-"소소한 부분들은 확인할 수 있다. 예를 들어 '펫' 같은 경우에도 '세퍼드'나 고양이 같은, 북미 유럽 유저들에게 특화된 펫을 더 추가할 예정이다. 이외에도 날씨 같은, 크게 대수롭지 않게 생각하는 소소한 부분들에서 디테일을 채우고 유저 감성을 자극할 수 있도록 하고 있다. 다만, 북미 유럽을 위한 별도의 빌드를 만들거나 하는 큰 틀의 업데이트는 어려울 것이다."

While various minor content difference may exist based on region such as Shepard and exculsive cats being released primarily for EU/NA. Additionally, weather system and other smaller details may vary from region. However, it will be difficult to make any drastic build changes or ones that change framework of the game.

Sorry for poor english. Feel free to correct any mistake in translation that I made.

Edit by @Deska

Please note that, this is not official information from Daum Games EU B.V. Until there will be an official confirmation, please treat this post as a simple information.

Edited by SomeKRPerson
31 people like this

Posted

wow thats very fast...

Posted

thanks for the news, glad to know :)

Posted

"Furthermore, even though cash items are relatively expensive, we are maintaining large revenue and we predict that current trend will last until end of this year." lmao 

9 people like this

Posted

Good info, sucks to know my warrior will be crap until June though.

Posted

This is amazing! Thank you OP for sharing this with us. You da real mvp. B|

Posted

Interesting, we now have concrete time frames for the classes. Pity we dont know which ones are coming out when. But a safe bet would be Blader/Plum next month, and Ninja/Kunoichi the following.

Posted

Additionally, weather system and other smaller details may vary from region.

I live in Scotland is that why we have Thunderstorms and it P*sses Rain ingame Every 10 minutes.

3 people like this

Posted

That's great. :D Thanks for the translation kind sir!

Posted (edited)

Why is that in korean? If Daum EU held this conference, shouldn't it be in english? In case Daum KR held it, korean would make sense, but why about EU/NA? Whatever

Edited by Alterist

Posted

Why is that in korean? If Daum EU held this conference, shouldn't it be in english? In case Daum KR held it, korean would make sense, but why about EU/NA? Whatever

It wouldn't really make sense since KR already has 4 classes and Mediah and all of that. xD

Posted

Thank you very much for the translations! At least now, we have a better gist of what the plan ahead will be like.

Posted

Well at least I know I can finally rock my main some time around May... give or take.

I think this is an early publishing of the Q&A DaumEU gathered and forwarded to the home office / Pearl Abyss

Posted

Need to accept that NA/EU is really just a front for the Koreans. The money is going back to KR...so it's important for the parent companies to show off how much NA/EU is helping them right now.

Posted

So Blader in April. I hope it's on the 1st of April.

vgyJF2zW5DFjG.gif

6 people like this

Posted

looks good :)

Posted

Thank you for translating and posting OP!

Posted

I'd love if they decided to release Blader/Ninja first, but I'm sure i'll probably be waiting until may for my main. :(

Posted (edited)

It wouldn't really make sense since KR already has 4 classes and Mediah and all of that. xD

Well I meant Daum KR making the conference, not that it is about BDO KR.

I think this is an early publishing of the Q&A DaumEU gathered and forwarded to the home office / Pearl Abyss

Need to accept that NA/EU is really just a front for the Koreans. The money is going back to KR...so it's important for the parent companies to show off how much NA/EU is helping them right now.

Makes sense, and not like it was unexpected as the name makes it obvious.

Also anyone took a look at the graphics?

Established at the 3rd of March 2015, wasn't that exactly 1 year before hard launch? Also I think they first came to reddit in August or so. 90k€ starting capital, compared to the millions they made. And 18 employees... no wonder support tickets need their time (jk)

Also apparently the hard launch is still an OBT according to those graphs.

Edited by Alterist

Posted (edited)

Also apparently the hard launch is still an OBT according to those graphs.

Saw that and laughed myself.

Also they talk of "private" server which was an issue since CBT2 I think. *cough* Funny they brought that up in the conference. A region that is unserved has a private server, I wonder why *wink*.

They also mention the idea of bringing other games from KR to NA/EU...(told ya so)

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

My question is why the hell dont they give us something like this as an update instead of someone having to search it out and then do a translation...

Posted

My question is why the hell dont they give us something like this as an update instead of someone having to search it out and then do a translation...

because the CMs here for some reason like to not tell us anything until the last possible second

2 people like this

Posted

because the CMs here for some reason like to not tell us anything until the last possible second

Come on that is just good business, they laid the plan out and that is what we have been asking for, a timeline and all they had to do was post the same stuff here not on some korean site that if you didnt know about the site or read korean you would never know, needle in a haystack seems to fit this.

Posted

So Blader in April. I hope it's on the 1st of April.

vgyJF2zW5DFjG.gif

Sorry, April 30th 11:59PM xD

Posted (edited)

-'바이 투 플레이'라는 진입 장벽이 있음에도 불구하고 여전히 많은 유저들이 게임패스를 구매하고 있다. 또한, 캐시샵 아이템 가격이 비교적 높은 편인데, 이런 캐시 아이템에서도 많은 매출이 나오고 있다. 이런 것을 보고 지금의 트렌드가 적어도 올해에는 계속 유지될 것이라고 확신하고 있다.

While the game is "buy to play," many users are still purchasing game pass. Furthermore, even though cash items are relatively expensive, we are maintaining large revenue and we predict that current trend will last until end of this year.

Confirms pretty much what I've been saying for the past month to all people say "you gotta lower prices, they will sell a lot more".

Look they are doing great and are happy with the situation. No, if they sold costumes for 10€ they would not sell 10 times more.

Edited by Nestheross