• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

3600 Pearls for costume? (Yes, this again.)

370 posts in this topic

Posted

Daum, dude, man. 

Come on.

Like seriously, come on.

2900 for the new angelwear, looks hot.

But wait, there's more.

Aint right without the underwear.

+700 pearls.

Total cost for costume: $36

Seriously. Guys. Just. Come on.

I'd buy every single costume if it was $10 a set, somewhere reasonable. This is said into the dirt by now I think, right? Don't we all feel this way? Customization is given at gun point in BDO.

Daum, dude, be cool man. Lot of us are just teens.

Man.

23 people like this

Posted (edited)

U broke m8?

I can gift it to you... Oh wait...

large.jpg

Edited by Che
46 people like this

Posted (edited)

It's probably too late to change anything, the prices are set and the cashgrabbing has only just begun.

I would have no problem with the costumes if you somehow got them account-wide or maybe even get pearls account-wide, since everything's so expensive, but you don't. I don't think Daum is willing to make that push for their community too since they won't be making millions on the daily anymore.

Edited by Emforay
15 people like this

Posted

Well the cash shop might not be marketed towards your demographic unfortunately. :\

I did odd jobs for cash when I wanted to buy stuff for MMOs in high school.  You could make enough to buy that costume in a day, easily.

2 people like this

Posted

Well the cash shop might not be marketed towards your demographic unfortunately. :\

I did odd jobs for cash when I wanted to buy stuff for MMOs in high school.  You could make enough to buy that costume in a day, easily.

I have a pretty fulls schedule between school and a junior internship, working for money comes few and far for me personally. As it stands my Dad is already giving me the stink eye over what I did buy. :<

You said it best though, it's not for my demographic.

Posted

I have a pretty fulls schedule between school and a junior internship, working for money comes few and far for me personally. As it stands my Dad is already giving me the stink eye over what I did buy. :<

You said it best though, it's not for my demographic.

Yeah I was lucky to live in small-ish town so those kinds of jobs were easy to come by and I had time for it.  I hope you can save up enough to get the costumes you want though. c:

Posted

Hey we gotta keep Daum stacked so they can blow it all on cocaine, strippers and helicopters.

17 people like this

Posted

Yh and the thing is like we all know ghilie suit is op and affects pvp massively. I resisted till today to buy the suit but when fighting other guild today they all had it and it felt so unfair so had to buy it..

Posted

U broke m8?

I can gift it to you... Oh wait...

large.jpg

Great post!!!

Posted

You dont need underwear.

4 people like this

Posted

Daum, dude, man. 

Come on.

Like seriously, come on.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yh and the thing is like we all know ghilie suit is op and affects pvp massively. I resisted till today to buy the suit but when fighting other guild today they all had it and it felt so unfair so had to buy it..

you know they just released an item that counters ghillie suits right?

Posted (edited)

Even those of us who aren't teens are avoiding it at this price.

However, because there are players who don't care about being overcharged they are providing plenty of revenue. "Thanks" to those players it is unlikely that they'll adjust the pricing to more reasonable levels anytime soon.

you know they just released an item that counters ghillie suits right?

If you take a look at the costs of crafting it, it's unlikely anyone will ever make it.

• 1x Magic Crystal of Enchantment: Vision
  • 10x Oil of Storm
  • 10x Herbal Gunpowder
  • 10x Sticky Liquid
  • 10x Blackstone Powder

That literally costs hundreds of thousands of silver to make. The recipe can be whittled down, but even at 1x each of those items it's still costly.

Edited by scau

Posted

Daum, dude, man. 

Come on.

Like seriously, come on.

2900 for the new angelwear, looks hot.

But wait, there's more.

Aint right without the underwear.

+700 pearls.

Total cost for costume: $36

I'd buy every single costume if it was $10 a set, somewhere reasonable. This is said into the dirt by now I think, right? Don't we all feel this way? Customization is given at gun point in BDO.

Man.

The solution is simple. Don't buy costumes. I'm not buying the items I would like because I also think they are overpriced. It's the only thing that will probably make them realize costumes are too expensive. If not, I will live without costume and they won't have my money, simple as that.

6 people like this

Posted

I'd buy every single costume if it was $10 a set, somewhere reasonable. This is said into the dirt by now I think, right? Don't we all feel this way?

No, I've bought one costume, i MIGHT buy another if a good one ever comes out. I don't need to buy them all.

I just realized how awesome these cashshop prices are now... it means fewer players running around with wings. B|

1 person likes this

Posted

Its a shame they don't allow us to buy costumes, cosmetics, and pets on the Auction house like they do for the Korean version, which is free to play....

3 people like this

Posted

Holy crap that's awesome, this is what I was imaging when typing OP.

2 people like this

Posted

Its a shame they don't allow us to buy costumes, cosmetics, and pets on the Auction house like they do for the Korean version, which is free to play....

It'd be a shame if they did do that, now that would be p2w

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Luxury goods are luxury.

You might figure this out at some point as you transition out of being a teenager.

Costumes are optional luxuries. and no intelligent business is going to market their product to a demographic that has little to no money.

As it is costumes are cheaper here than they are in Korea with the exception of the Ghillie Suit and by a 10-35% margin at that.

No, it's not a shame. It's to prevent actual p2w.

Edited by bakimono
7 people like this

Posted

You don't need costumes to play this game, those are the prices Daum charge and those are the prices some of us are happy paying. If you don't have the disposable income to buy the costume, then don't buy them and quit whining. 

Posted

It's probably too late to change anything, the prices are set and the cashgrabbing has only just begun.

I would have no problem with the costumes if you somehow got them account-wide or maybe even get pearls account-wide, since everything's so expensive, but you don't. I don't think Daum is willing to make that push for their community too since they won't be making millions on the daily anymore.

I don't think it's too late. It's never too late to change a few prices.

Posted (edited)

QNSxCSq.png?1

Edited by Dremlock
fixt
6 people like this

Posted

How would allowing cosmetics, skins, and pets on the auction house be pay2win? We paid an initial price for the game. If I feel like grinding out 3 million silver, I should be able to buy what I want on the auction house? 

Posted

The solution is simple. Don't buy costumes. I'm not buying the items I would like because I also think they are overpriced. It's the only thing that will probably make them realize costumes are too expensive. If not, I will live without costume and they won't have my money, simple as that.

That is where I am. I dont like first of all being coerced to the cash shop with the lack of in game looks/inventory space but then when I get there the prices are just ridiculous and the limits are also. So I wont spend a dime.  M

Posted

How would allowing cosmetics, skins, and pets on the auction house be pay2win? We paid an initial price for the game. If I feel like grinding out 3 million silver, I should be able to buy what I want on the auction house? 

Think harder please.

2 people like this