• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

3600 Pearls for costume? (Yes, this again.)

370 posts in this topic

Posted

Luxury Items. If you don't like the prices, don't buy them. I personally think that the angel costume looks bad, but since I am a limited edition stuff -----, I'm gonna buy it anyway.

Also, underwear isn't costume. You can only see it in towns, only yours (not your friend Tom's sexy boxer) and only if you turn on the option.

----- off 3600 pearls clickbaiter

Posted

If the costumes were cheaper then everyone would have them, EVERY single person would look exactly the same and there would be nothing special or unique about the costumes. Daum also is making money off them, and people are buying them obviously. Most businesses will not lower a price of an item unless they are seeing bad returns on it. I'm fine with the costumes being a bit pricey, i'll only buy the ones I really want, instead of buying every single one; and I hopefully wont see everyone and their mother running around in the same costume.

Posted

Seriously don't waste you time buying WAY overpriced outfits. Put that money toward buying other games.

4 people like this

Posted

Yh and the thing is like we all know ghilie suit is op and affects pvp massively. I resisted till today to buy the suit but when fighting other guild today they all had it and it felt so unfair so had to buy it..

lol Ghillie doesn't do anything in pvp.  Stop being bad.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a pretty fulls schedule between school and a junior internship, working for money comes few and far for me personally. As it stands my Dad is already giving me the stink eye over what I did buy. :<

You said it best though, it's not for my demographic.

I found time in between school and an unpaid internship to find a job for my rent, school and living necessities :P If you *really* want something, you can figure it out. Check with your parents to see if there's more odd jobs around the house or neighborhood.  Realistically, if you've time to play an MMO, you've time to do odd-jobs

Typically, however, most MMOs are aiming for the young-adult to adult market as they have the cash to support an MMO (Because MMOs are high risk endeavors.) Companies like Nexon market towards your demographic, where purchases are easy to make in small amounts- 2-5 dollar costumes, with 1 dollar gachapons (how they hook ya)

Posted (edited)

I don't think it's too late. It's never too late to change a few prices.

Yeah but so many people would ----- and moan especially since the ones that spend a lot of money on the game usually are the most hotheaded in these cases, and they do have every right to be if they aren't compensated.

The only way I see it happening is if people get pearls back equal to the price reduction, which makes it even more unlikely.

Edited by Emforay

Posted

$30 box price is not high enough to sustain a Triple A MMO by itself. If it was, there would be plenty of other $30 entry fee no cash shop MMO's (newsflash: there are actually 0 of these).

Maybe if the game was $60 like Guild Wars 2 and we paid another $60 for Mediah content we could have $10 or $15 costumes, but nobody wanted that solution. (Not even mentioning the fact that Guild Wars 2 in this example also basically functions by designing their game around converting real cash to in-game gold, but that's none of my business...)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

No, it's not a shame. It's to prevent actual p2w.

How is people paying cash to sell items for silver not p2w? Thats basically buying silver, buy enough stuff on cash shop and you can buy whatever gear you want.

Edited by Sicate

Posted

Don't worry. You don't lose much.

Posted

Think of it as some incentive for you to graduate and make something of yourself.

1 person likes this

Posted

How is people paying cash to sell items for silver not p2w? Thats basically buying silver, buy enough stuff on cash shop and you can buy whatever gear you want.

Huh? You're saying what I said... I was saying that selling cash shop items on the AH is literal p2w...

Posted

If the costumes were cheaper then everyone would have them, EVERY single person would look exactly the same and there would be nothing special or unique about the costumes. Daum also is making money off them, and people are buying them obviously. Most businesses will not lower a price of an item unless they are seeing bad returns on it. I'm fine with the costumes being a bit pricey, i'll only buy the ones I really want, instead of buying every single one; and I hopefully wont see everyone and their mother running around in the same costume.

That position doesn't make sense.

You don't want everyone looking the same by buying costumes, so you would prefer that even more players look the same by not buying costumes and wearing the ingame armor?

3 people like this

Posted

Holy crap that's awesome, this is what I was imaging when typing OP.

One of the best episodes IMO...

Posted

Hey we gotta keep Daum stacked so they can blow it all on cocaine, strippers and helicopters.

Like you wouldnt spend that fat costume money that.

Posted

Huh? You're saying what I said... I was saying that selling cash shop items on the AH is literal p2w...

Woops, somehow i mixed that up. I was saying the same thing and thought you replied to me. All good

Posted (edited)

That literally costs hundreds of thousands of silver to make. The recipe can be whittled down, but even at 1x each of those items it's still costly.

Lol, i was pretty sure about that.

"Hey look, we are nice we give you "counter" for our P2W crap suit, but hey ! we still want you to buy it, so it will cost you your soul to craft it"

That's such a shame seriously

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

Costumes are optional luxuries. and no intelligent business is going to market their product to a demographic that has little to no money.

Not luxury when they grant bonuses that you cannot obtain in game.

Same with pet system content locked behind paywall

Same with the Investment broker which is effectively locked behind cash shop furniture paywall

And seriously... costumes are not 10% cheaper than the version stop spreading this lie when countless people have proven with real figures the prices are pretty much the same as Korea and actually more expensive than Russia (who also got a seriously way better deal with their pay to play setup)

As for anyone who wants to plead "but they need it for server hosting and translations" server hosting is NOT expensive these days

AND as for translations.....

THIS IS WHAT YOUR MONEY GETS YOU

fish2.thumb.jpg.30e3bf8de641522313e153fe

giphy.gif

Edited by ArgleBargle
6 people like this

Posted

Costumes are optional luxuries.

This would be a very reasonable thing to say, if the game were not so predatory and restrictive in it's drive to push people to the cash shop for cosmetics. But as it stands, it is arguable that cosmetics in this game from the cash shop cross the line away from being luxury only goods.

Since A) they have stats (no matter how small they still have stats) and

B) Visual character progression is a big part of current games/MMOs - and has been pretty much removed into the cash shop for this game.

I'm sure there are more points I could make, but frankly I have better things to do.

1 person likes this

Posted

If the costumes were cheaper then everyone would have them, EVERY single person would look exactly the same and there would be nothing special or unique about the costumes.

You're wrong, every single person already look exactly the same. A more reasonable price for costumes would instead make things better, aestheticallyA more reasonable price doesn't mean everyone would buy 1 costume. I don't think anyone is asking for a 3 euro costume you know?

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think Daum is willing to make that push for their community too since they won't be making millions on the daily anymore.

If they're making "millions" a day, who in their right mind would change that business model? And doesn't it stand testament that there are more people who are ok with or at least willing to buy the costumes at their current prices than there are people who want the costumes to be cheaper?

Posted

I'd buy every single costume if it was $10 a set, somewhere reasonable. This is said into the dirt by now I think, right? Don't we all feel this way? Customization is given at gun point in BDO.

Didn't you read the interview DAUM gave? They are satisfied with their current profits, both from cash shop (and they are aware it is expensive) and from the game itself. They expect sales to remain like this until the year end. 

Forget 10€/USD costumes, not gonna happen now, you wait perhaps 6 months, 1 year, you're bound to have a 30, 40 or 50% off sale.

Posted

30-35$/euro for a costume or ... 1-5 other games ( depending on game price ofc )  ..hm ... easy choice to me.. xD 

Posted

Not luxury when they grant bonuses that you cannot obtain in game.

Same with pet system content locked behind paywall

Same with the Investment broker which is effectively locked behind cash shop furniture paywall

And seriously... costumes are not 10% cheaper than the version stop spreading this lie when countless people have proven with real figures the prices are pretty much the same as Korea and actually more expensive than Russia (who also got a seriously way better deal with their pay to play setup)

It's a luxary because you don't need it. It's not a lie, I'm one of the people who worked out and has proven it with real figures. Please educate yourself before accusing people. 10-35% more expensive is not "pretty much the same" and the figures I worked on maximized bonuses by basing the numbers on the largest won package.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/58523-psa-cash-shop-kr-comparison-tldr-at-bottom/

This would be a very reasonable thing to say, if the game were not so predatory and restrictive in it's drive to push people to the cash shop for cosmetics. But as it stands, it is arguable that cosmetics in this game from the cash shop cross the line away from being luxury only goods.

Since A) they have stats (no matter how small they still have stats) and

B) Visual character progression is a big part of current games/MMOs - and has been pretty much removed into the cash shop for this game.

I'm sure there are more points I could make, but frankly I have better things to do.

Predatory is a pretty big claim.

They are literally luxury goods, the game itself is a luxury good in the first place.

1 person likes this

Posted

Even those of us who aren't teens are avoiding it at this price.

Agree with that.

Personaly, its not the money the issue, its the cost of the said product.

Even if i dont care about a set bonus ( i'am not some starving player that going to count every single "bonus ), just for the armor + shoes its still 20$, and you CANT even share that with alt.

I mean, lets say i spend 20-30$ for a outfit, and then when a new class come, if i decide to "give up" on my current class, so barely play it anymore, well, i'am screwed.

if AT LEAST thoses outfit was account bound ( sure i dont speak about the outfit only made for a specific class ) well "fine"

Posted

and they do have every right to be if they aren't compensated.

No they don't.

They saw the prices and were happy to pay them - that's on them. No guarantee was ever given that prices would stay the same.