• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A sick and twisted joke.

157 posts in this topic

Posted

How's the Descending Feathers nerf actually? Still not lv53 (lazy ass) so I can't test it myself right now.

Never used it for farming, too inefficient as I didn't farm catfish, so I can't give an accurate comparison, but if the ,majority of skills are around ~40% less damage than previously, it's probably similar, considering how good it is in sieges which are probably the next update.

Posted

Never used it for farming, too inefficient as I didn't farm catfish, so I can't give an accurate comparison, but if the ,majority of skills are around ~40% less damage than previously, it's probably similar, considering how good it is in sieges which are probably the next update.

Meh, kinda sucks as we have to put ~140 SP into the skill to get something useful. Also doesn't help that they nerf skills that have no visible board damage.

Posted

I'd like someone else to test this so it's not just me being paranoid, ESS doesn't seem to be giving any mana back when used, even in groups of 4-5, can anyone else confirm the mana nerf? or am i really just being paranoid.

Posted (edited)

I'd like someone else to test this so it's not just me being paranoid, ESS doesn't seem to be giving any mana back when used, even in groups of 4-5, can anyone else confirm the mana nerf? or am i really just being paranoid.

I can "confirm" that I've been using A LOT more mana pots than before, even with spirit healing at +8 (or +9...).

Even while killing Manshas for the initial "EES test" seemed more difficult (in terms of Mana usage). In Mediah area, I've been using Mana Pots constantly. Even Q-Cancels seemed to return less mana than before to be honest.

Stealth nerf?

Edited by hihey54
1 person likes this

Posted

Thank god. Ranger was some imba bullshit.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Thank god. Ranger was some imba bullshit.

Nobody asked your opinion.

Edited by hihey54
3 people like this

Posted

When you constantly tell everyone how fast you grind, why does it come as a surprise when we're nerfed?

1 person likes this

Posted

Anyhow, I'll state this here as well. After comparing the current state of EES with the video I had, it looks like that, before the patch, EES was able to hit every single mob up to 6 times (usually it was 5). After the patch, I've NEVER been able to hit a single mob more than 4 times. Literally NEVER.

This results in 1-2 less hits thus losing from 20 to 33% damage and from 20% to 33% mana regeneration.

Posted

I wish I could get refund.... was playing this game just for ranger class.

Posted (edited)

Still can do my dailies without using MP pots, but my comfort zone drops a lot lower than I wish it would do.

Damage nerf a lot more notable for EES than UCW, though also understandable. Mid/Close range skills without cooldown, high damage and knockdown in PvE, regardless of EES being in cd or not.
UCW nerf is 100%-ly because of our awakening, this is/will be too broken otherwise if you can dash in, grab and transition into UCW directly after it. 

Damage nerf is something I don't care about, but the apparently lower MP gain is awful. With the removal of better pots and the higher cd, and the fact that Ranger consumes the most MP, the class certainly didn't need another MP nerf.

Those who relied massively on EES and UCW may have issues now, those who did not will play like always.

Edited by Alterist

Posted

I didnt grind at all today, but shotgun still hurts like crazy in pvp. I didn't see much difference.

Posted (edited)

Anyhow, I'll state this here as well. After comparing the current state of EES with the video I had, it looks like that, before the patch, EES was able to hit every single mob up to 6 times (usually it was 5). After the patch, I've NEVER been able to hit a single mob more than 4 times. Literally NEVER.

This results in 1-2 less hits thus losing from 20 to 33% damage and from 20% to 33% mana regeneration.

so...i guess they fixed the huge durability loss of rangers? :D

Looks like a knee-jerk reaction. Did anyone test the "slight" increase of shotgun yet?

After first reading of the patchnotes it seems like a nerf in grinding but nothing particular in pvp, does this sum it up correctly? Wasn't able to play today :/

And 1 question: is there any knowledge from KR/RU for Daum giving out skill resets after some major skill changes? Imho if you have to pay 9€ everytime they change the meta of a class this is gonna be a huge dealbreaker

Edited by elnox

Posted

Looks like a knee-jerk reaction. Did anyone test the "slight" increase of shotgun yet?

After first reading of the patchnotes it seems like a nerf in grinding but nothing particular in pvp, does this sum it up correctly? Wasn't able to play today :/

Pretty sure the durability consumption is still as high as always. Shotgun was nerfed too, only the previous 4 levels, which no one uses, were buffed.

Posted

Shotgun nerfed, shift right click "buffed" still takes 3 full charges to kill a mansha with 126 AP with the skill, though.

Posted

Summer saulting nit pickers. Wish they had nerfed you even more. Although sorcerers needed it more , but hopefully they are on the chopping block next.

Posted

Summer saulting nit pickers. Wish they had nerfed you even more. Although sorcerers needed it more , but hopefully they are on the chopping block next.

If pre-siege ranger is subject to such a nerf, you can bet whatever class you play will also get hit with one.

Posted

Now double that and you're on about how Tamers felt.

Posted

Posted

His opinion has a lot more validity than the majority of the people that post on this forum.

Posted (edited)

His opinion has a lot more validity than the majority of the people that post on this forum.

It actually doesn't have much validity at all if he genuinely thinks that someone needs to request your opinion in order for you to give it on a message board. 

Edited by BlaxicanX
1 person likes this

Posted

37 seconds? I'd love to be able to kill an ogre in that amount of time on my Tamer. -_-

Posted

Definitely your typical forum response, I was pretty worried reading this.  Got home from work, owned catfish at basically the same speed as ive always done it, with no noticeable difference in my mana depletion/regeneration.  Not sure what the hell you guys are talking about, hardly a nerf. 

Posted

played for 1 hour today and i think im done :) forum whiners destroyed my fav class as expected

Posted

^^lol Let the QQ flow please.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This wont be a popular opinion because everyone loves to play the OP class, but as a 50 ranger, I would say this nerf was warranted. Ranger was the fairly undisputed as the best PVE farming class, this takes them down a slight notch. EES is still a great escape with damage as opposed to a great damage skill with an escape. Rangers still have shotgun for PVE.

True rangers will adapt to the change. Nerfs and buffs happen in every MMO. The whining just gives insight on most people flocking to ranger for FOTM power. 

Edited by Synik
bad grammar
2 people like this