• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Questions for the casually inclined

31 posts in this topic

Posted

I am a bit curious as I do not understand your mindset.  I see "hardcore" players being bashed and insulted quite a bit on these forums, especially with the recent announcements regarding gated content.

Why is it that you prefer gear and level progression to be made easier and additional progression to be gated?  For me, I enjoy seeing my hard work rewarded by becoming stronger or more wealthy in game.

Why are you against the idea of rewarding time and effort spent?

Please keep it civil.

Posted

Stop making the same posts that are already on the forums. And, you're not entitled to anything.

1 person likes this

Posted

What does that have to do with being a casual vs a hardcore player?

You advocate being vocal on the forums to encourage the devs to make certain changes In the game, right?  Specifically those changes that cater to the casual crowd.

Posted (edited)

You advocate being vocal on the forums to encourage the devs to make certain changes In the game, right?  Specifically those changes that cater to the casual crowd.

The casual crowd you speak of is more than half the player base. If you read other threads, you would know that bringing +20 enchants would have killed the game for PvP. That's what everyone was worried about. By them not adding it, it also gave the casuals a chance to catch up in gear, which I don't see a problem with unless you enjoy unbalanced PvP and fighting the same guilds over and over in GvG.

Edited by KwonMina

Posted

I am a bit curious as I do not understand your mindset.  I see "hardcore" players being bashed and insulted quite a bit on these forums, especially with the recent announcements regarding gated content.

Why is it that you prefer gear and level progression to be made easier and additional progression to be gated?  For me, I enjoy seeing my hard work rewarded by becoming stronger or more wealthy in game.

Please keep it civil.

because i love MMO social environments and combat situations, but as i get older i find i have less and less time to no life games and i appreciate any game trying to lighten the load. i also think that while you shouldn't have everything handed to you, having a massive advantage over someone more skilled than you because you had time to spend 200 hours getting some crazy gear set and they didnt is ass. i cant tell you how many times ive lost to some nerd pressing buttons randomly while i super combo his face because im not even hurting him but he takes a third of my health with each strike

Posted (edited)

They hate us because they anus.

Me: max +15s, work 3 jobs including one as a volunteer FF, hit the weight room every day for an hour, and play several sports all year.

Edited by Krowley

Posted

The casual crowd you speak of is more than half the player base. If you read other threads, you would know that bringing +20 enchants would have killed the game for PvP. That's what everyone was worried about. By them ntot adding it, it also gave the casuals a chance to catch up in gear, which I don't see a problem with unless you enjoy unbalanced PvP and fighting the same guilds over and over in GvG.

+20 would not happen overnight as you are Implying due to differing mechanics than 1-15.

And let's face It, the top guilds will be facing the same other top guilds over and over regardless.

What I enjoy is the road getting there.I like the bumps and dips that increase the didifficulty and prolong my enjoyment of the game. Once you reach, or get close to, the gear wall and all that is left is PvP, a clear winner emerges and population begins to decline.

because i love MMO social environments and combat situations, but as i get older i find i have less and less time to no life games and i appreciate any game trying to lighten the load. i also think that while you shouldn't have everything handed to you, having a massive advantage over someone more skilled than you because you had time to spend 200 hours getting some crazy gear set and they didnt is ass. i cant tell you how many times ive lost to some nerd pressing buttons randomly while i super combo his face because im not even hurting him but he takes a third of my health with each strike

I can appreciate this sentiment.  My work schedule keeps me out of town several days per week, so I will usually fall behind guildies who are unemployed or work part-time.  But as I stated above, part of the enjoyment Is the actual progression.

i do support the option of normalized arena though.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Please keep it civil.

Why do you assume that all "casual" players think that way? I'm a "casual" player and I never said anything about making progression easier. In fact, I enjoy earning my spoils and I don't want anything "handed" to me. Do you think that just because a few players say something that they speak for everyone else? Also, why are some people in this forum so bent in giving some vague number about the community's stance on... well, anything without any concrete proof? I don't think that the forum represents the entire game's community, but I do believe that they are the most vocal ones. 

Edited by Sehvun

Posted

+20 would not happen overnight as you are Implying due to differing mechanics than 1-15.

Even if it didn't, the amount of stats you get starting from +15 are too high at this point in the game.

Posted

Why do you assume that all "casual" players think that way? I'm a "casual" player and I never said anything about making progression easier. In fact, I enjoy earning my spoils and I don't want anything "handed" to me. Do you think that just because a few players say something that they speak for everyone else? Also, why are some people in this forum so bent in giving some vague number about the community's stance on... well, anything without any concrete proof? I don't think that the forum represents the entire game's community, but I do believe that they are the most vocal ones. 

i apologize for the generalization. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Semi-casual former hardcore opinion...

Really DGAF about how everyone else plays. I have no problem with the game the way it is, but I do kind of tend to prefer stuff that is friendlier to casuals.

I've already accepted the fact that this game caters to bads who spend all their time in game and can faceroll their keyboard and beat me despite my skill actually using my character, so it makes little difference to me... I just play the game as long as I'm still having fun.

If someone gets to the end faster than me... so what? That's them. I don't have time to keep pace anymore and if they PK me, nbd, wasted energy to get mad about it. There will always be people around my level of advancement to have a good time fighting with (or against)

taking longer to get there just means I have more in front of me to enjoy so... bring it.

2 people like this

Posted

Stop making the same posts that are already on the forums. And, you're not entitled to anything.

I would say the same thing to the casual players.  For both of your sentences, actually.

From your own words 

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/59934-daum-actually-listened/&page=2#comment-786438:

I participate in both PvE and PvP, and am on neither side of your arguments. However, the vast majority of you, regardless of side, are in major violation of "causal oversimplification/reductionism" fallacy when retorting about the opposite side's argument. Git gud at logic, and mebbe all of you would be taken more seriously.

62584086.jpg

Posted

in MY opinion...

Both sides are making blanket statements about what is to be hardcore and what is not to be. There are many variables and simply stating that if you don't "no life the game" you are casual and neither is the opposite of this.But in this world money speaks, especially numbers. Think about it... If 20s go out while not casuals... but the "vast majority" of players are still working to get there +15 the power discrepancy will be too far apart. You please the "hardcores" and neglect the "casuals" or the Griffers will do it for you by getting bored of the content fast and killing and gloating on people still catching up and slowly but surely making people leave the game. Keep in mind people who have jobs aka:Mid income class does the most spending in anything on this world while the lower income class spends less.Games population is a tricky balance between pleasing everybody and displeasing everybody at times, success does not come from just pleasing one group of players but all of them as best as possible.

But hey, this is just my opinion... whats yours?

www.youtube.com/crazyfrankadventure

Posted

I will say it would be nice if the PvP in the game was more skill based than time investment based... but again... whatever. I keep playing till I stop having fun.

Posted (edited)

I will say it would be nice if the PvP in the game was more skill based than time investment based... but again... whatever. I keep playing till I stop having fun.

Some friends of mine wanted me to play Blade and soul for the "fair aspect of the game. When I knew of BDO was coming out I was torn between knowing the inevitable outcome that is an mmo such as BDO vs the limitations but fair mechanics of Bland and soul...guess who won :D

Aka:... I saw this coming a mile away, 7+ years of lineage 2 thought me this.

Edited by Dildus

Posted

Some friends of mine wanted me to play Blade and soul for the "fair aspect of the game. When I knew of BDO was coming out I was torn between knowing the inevitable outcome that is an mmo such as BDO vs the limitations but fair mechanics of Bland and soul...guess who won :D

Aka:... I saw this coming a mile away, 7+ years of lineage 2 thought me this.

BnS has a great idea for competitive PvP.

Just the entire rest of the game is wet pig-dookie.

Posted

BnS has a great idea for competitive PvP.
Just the entire rest of the game is wet pig-dookie.

Let the bots pvp for you!  Great idea!  Top kek!

Posted

Guide to being a "casual" player:

Step 1: be "casual".  Note: your  version of "casual" may differ from others. The key is to not really care what other people think.

Step 2: There are no further steps.

Step 3: I lied

Step 4: enjoy the game. Redo the not caring section of step one.

Seriously though, no one fits into nice little categories. In real life or in games. By the OPs definition I'm "hardcore". I set goals for myself, I have very almost no AFK time while I'm on, I'm always doing something (I actually turn my PC off at night and don't AFK fish). But I'm only level 34 after a month of playing every night and weekend.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why does it matter what people want. The company will do what they want with this game. So it doesn't matter if u are casual or hardcore

Posted

Some friends of mine wanted me to play Blade and soul for the "fair aspect of the game.

BnS is fair only in the arena. Every other pvp aspect is not. Also, you can buy gold with the currency exchange. Add to that the fact that BlackDesert is really on another level. You made the right choice ;) Personally, I didn't launch BnS once since I tried BDO.

Posted

Guide to being a "casual" player:

Step 1: be "casual".  Note: your  version of "casual" may differ from others. The key is to not really care what other people think.

Step 2: There are no further steps.

Step 3: I lied

Step 4: enjoy the game. Redo the not caring section of step one.

Seriously though, no one fits into nice little categories. In real life or in games. By the OPs definition I'm "hardcore". I set goals for myself, I have very almost no AFK time while I'm on, I'm always doing something (I actually turn my PC off at night and don't AFK fish). But I'm only level 34 after a month of playing every night and weekend.

You are a hardcore carebear. :D

BnS is fair only in the arena. Every other pvp aspect is not. Also, you can buy gold with the currency exchange. Add to that the fact that BlackDesert is really on another level. You made the right choice ;) Personally, I didn't launch BnS once since I tried BDO.

i tried It to level 25, got gold ranked, then quit.

Posted

i tried It to level 25, got gold ranked, then quit.

I maxed out 2 class. I didn't pvp much (shitty computer and shitty connection are too much relevant in pvp arena). You know what I hated the most? Loading screens lol...so many frigging loading screen..

Posted

Semi-casual former hardcore opinion...

Really DGAF about how everyone else plays. I have no problem with the game the way it is, but I do kind of tend to prefer stuff that is friendlier to casuals.

I've already accepted the fact that this game caters to bads who spend all their time in game and can faceroll their keyboard and beat me despite my skill actually using my character, so it makes little difference to me... I just play the game as long as I'm still having fun.

If someone gets to the end faster than me... so what? That's them. I don't have time to keep pace anymore and if they PK me, nbd, wasted energy to get mad about it. There will always be people around my level of advancement to have a good time fighting with (or against)

taking longer to get there just means I have more in front of me to enjoy so... bring it.

+ some number and change. I feel the same way. Also, I'll fight along side you. We can both die a good death in the battlefield.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0