• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Questions for the casually inclined

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Truth is some people are just complaining because they lost or died in the game and think they lose ofc to the power gap in the game which sometimes is the case.  However, gating content won't help those folks.  The person who will spend his life perfecting his class and pvp will face roll you despite your gear anyways.  People have a very hard time accepting this.  People die in game and cry here despite not knowing even what lv and gear lv their opponent had.  They assume they are op because they don't want to accept the fact they are bad at pvp.  There is nothing wrong to be bad at it, you will die a lot before you get good.  You can have the same gear, jump on the 'op' classes and still get pwnd by someone.  Just like a race in athletics, or anything else there can only be one winner at the end of the day.  So that 1%  of people who take pride in pvp and play stricktly for it will beat you down.  Because they will know each classes moves, cd's rotations, movements, animations, weaknesses, range and you won't stand a chance regardless of what you're wearing or how slowly you want content released.  You will have w better chance if you're equally skilled but will still probably lose to that guy.  If everyone was equal in lv and everything, ppl will still die and find something to blame...  hear it all the time, lag, problems, hax etc

Edited by ulti19

Posted

You advocate being vocal on the forums to encourage the devs to make certain changes In the game, right?  Specifically those changes that cater to the casual crowd.

You mean they listen to the majority of their player base? Mind-blowing revelation there, you must be new to this.

Posted (edited)

I am a bit curious as I do not understand your mindset.  I see "hardcore" players being bashed and insulted quite a bit on these forums, especially with the recent announcements regarding gated content.

Why is it that you prefer gear and level progression to be made easier and additional progression to be gated?  For me, I enjoy seeing my hard work rewarded by becoming stronger or more wealthy in game.

Why are you against the idea of rewarding time and effort spent?

Please keep it civil.

Ive said that a numerous time but well.

The problem is that pvp is more than bound to grind & lvl & gear.

Which is indeed a problem for

1- balance . I suppose, not a lot of person will have fun beeing destroyed by someone just because he have a better gear / higher lvl, or if you are top lvl / top gear, i doubt its gonna be fun to farm players like mobs without any challenge for a long time.

2- its more than time eating, when so far, most addicted pvp player would certainly prefer spend 80% pvp instead of 80% pve farm and bit pvping. ( so like personaly, in pvp games i dont like beeing forced to really farm pve to pvp, even tho i do enjoy a LOT pve here )

3 - all that, nearly put aside skill. which is another huge downside because that game offer a gameplay that would suit more than perfectly a pvp based on skill, and not on pve "grind"

4- the "end game" of that game is the pvp with node wars - siege.. etc. and its an issue considering 1 - 2 - 3

5 - you have owpvp, which is even more an issue if you are attacked without having all your lvl / gear. ( not having lot of chance because unbalanced, is.. well.. not fun ( imho ) )

If the pvp wasnt bound to pve ( so like with a gear - stat balance once you enter in pvp mode ) if ofc wouldnt be an issue at all.

( when i said "not bound" i meant like, as exemple, once enter pvp, your stats are capped at the soft lvl stat, and your gear at like +10 without boosting all that if you are "under lvl / geared", but it would add a more decent ceiling for everyone )

Like BnS have stat + gear balance in arena pvp, and in pve its a gear lust which requier way more time that here to have. ( well you still have to play all pve because somes setting, but well, the idea is there )

Or GW2, even tho, they manage the gear in a very different way

About your "more you play more you like beeing rewarded", while i understand that, you also are reward by your game knowledge / experience / mastering your class / playing with the same ppl, so developping tactic.. etc

Edited by woots

Posted

Funny, I see hardcore/pvp'ers sh!tting at casuals much more than the other way around... A few recent topics I saw within a day was aimed directly at casuals, including this one.

But to answer your question, maybe we don't want such a huge advantage curve disparity between the casuals and no-lifers. There can still be power gained without getting to a point where you can 1 or 2 shot someone. You still want a significant advantage per, say, weapon enhancement? Why stop here then. Why not pump each level enhancement 1000% more powerful? Because I haven't seen one single argument against lowering the disparity besides "But I 'earned' my stuff and enhancements, I deserve to be more powerful." Give me one reason why the power gap shouldnt be lowered. It will benefit the casuals and encourage them to pvp, hence, encourage pvp overall.

People gonna get upset they got owned by a casual who MIGHT be more skilled than them, then whine they shouldn't have just because they "deserved" more powerful gear? Yea, blame the equipment for not carrying you... Is that what you want?

Cuz I'm trying really hard to get into the mindset of you pvp'ers/ hardcores and can only come up with selfish reasons.

And I don't think casuals want things easier and dumbed down. We want to remain competetive without sinking hours on end to catch up with those with much more time.

Cash shop prices - $30 for a costume, without dyes. 1 character each. Only 2 available per class at launch. I don't know about you but I know a ripoff when I see one (and yes, I still bought one just because I just can't stand the standard outfits and horrendously limited in-game costumes).

In the end, this game is no more or less casual than any other - it's whatever the devs make it. So don't claim this isn't for casuals and go off to another game.

Posted

You mean they listen to the majority of their player base? Mind-blowing revelation there, you must be new to this.

Do you have numbers to back up this assertion?

Posted

Keeping the +15 cap was absolutely necessary in order to keep a somewhat fair pvp and in no way unfair to the hardcore players. Jesus christ man, the game's been out for 1 month. I even consider myself a hardcore player, but guess what? The class I want to main isn't even released yet.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0