• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Appeal to Daum- Please let us know if there are plans to promote the development of your PvE focused community, and/or those of us that dislike nonconsensual world PvP.

998 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It's a tricky question. The problem is that there would need to be enough people willing to populate a brand new server so that is wasn't dead, while not having so many move that it kills another server.

I personally am one of the mid-ground people. I enjoy life skills but its fun to fight as well. I would not wish to be in a server that only does one or the other and rather like the current way of things. But that's just me.

Edited by Newb
15 people like this

Posted

It's a tricky question. The problem is that there would need to be enough people willing to populate a brand new server so that is wasn't dead, while not having so many move that it kills another server.

If they ever looked into this, maybe have set channels within a server.

2 people like this

Posted

I don't think both will ever truly be speratated for several reasons - one being that while the current end-game is oriented PvE, the whole content patches are much more global. At some point, PvP will be in the game just as much as PvE and making a pure PvE server would actually mean that you'd lock yourself out of new content.

Posted

@Wookaru I'd like your post if I was allowed to give more reputation for the day. :) 

Posted

Hard pass. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I would also say Channels, not a Server, and there must be changing rules like PvE Channel only with +Karma.

Edited by Caduryn
2 people like this

Posted

Good afternoon/evening/morning.

I really enjoy this game. Haven't been this caught up in a MMO for awhile now, and that's the reason for this post. This game is wrapped up in a package that appeals to and draws in people with multiple interests and play-styles. This includes those of us that love the idea and thrill of GvG and PvP matches, but agonize over karma abuse and biased PvP that is forced upon us when all we want to do is anything but at the moment.

Nonconsensual world PvP in the game is a major burden for a respectable segment of your community. This topic has been discussed fervently over the past few weeks, more so as players approach and pass level 45 and realize the broken nature and consequences of open world PvP encounters. These discussion threads typically build posts, views, and likes quickly and there are routinely a number of them on the front page of the suggestion forum at any time. To the community- Please check them out if you haven't and are passionate about the topic.

Having said all that, Daum CMs, would you be willing to give us any amount of assurance or confidence building information on the future implementation of a channel, rules, or server that will help alleviate the concerns and prolong the stay of this segment of your community? Any type of acknowledgement would be greatly appreciated and put to rest some of the discord/uncertainty prevalent on the forums. I know I have things I want to purchase in the cash shop but am wary to do so before we receive some sort of statement on the matter.

If anyone would like to help increase the likelihood that this matter will be answered in the official Daum Q&A, please like the post below as per Daum's suggestion that liked posts will have a higher probability of being answered. Worth a shot for more communication!

Thank you for your time.

Apparently and this isn't even out in Korea yet but there are dungeons/raids being developed. But given that, we'll probably get that in a year if we're lucky.

Posted (edited)

Yes... please Daum.I want to breed my horses without fear that I'll be ganked...horse breeding and just about everything else I'm addicted to in the game. Grrr! :$

I do like PvP though, just not the kind in which I don't have a choice but to die horribly because I don't spend as much time in game as other people here. Stupid job and school!

Edited by Persnickety

Posted

no , pve and casuals killed wow

8 people like this

Posted

Yeah that's why after a decade the game still has 5 million+ players....in an expansion lull nonetheless. Killed it.  9_9

12 people like this

Posted

I don't think both will ever truly be speratated for several reasons - one being that while the current end-game is oriented PvE, the whole content patches are much more global. At some point, PvP will be in the game just as much as PvE and making a pure PvE server would actually mean that you'd lock yourself out of new content.

No dedicated server, no problem. It doesn't have to be separated. How about a channel with a tweaked rule-set? More stringent PK punishment or flagging system.

There are a multitude of threads on potential implementation though, I'm really just requesting/pleading one of the CMs to come in here and say something, even if it's to say no, we have no plans to service the PvE player base. That information would still be appreciated.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes please.

Posted

Or let (unflagged) players that don't want to engage in PvP battles be able to craft something like an alchemy potion that prevents getting damage from flagged PvP players.
How higher the lifeskill/alchemy level how longer/better the damageprevention/immunity lasts. Potions binds to the crafter to prevent putting it on the marketplace etc. Just one of the possible solutions while adding a gameplay element and where players have to work a bit for their safety.

We all knew PvP was part of the game from the start but that doesn't mean something can be implemented/changed to keep the interest of a huge part of the playerbase (after they reached level 45). In the end that keeps the game more 'healthy' and that benefits PvP players too.

Posted

Swim or die kids

4 people like this

Posted

This is a PvP title btw.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Black Desert isn't supposed to be a safe game. If you want a carebear game then go play Hello Kitty online or something. Black Desert was always supposed to be an open world game, with free killing around the world. They already restricted it heavily by making it safe below lvl 45 and having a pounishing karma system, if they remove it completely, they remove a big part of the games core feature. 

I completely disagree with your statement OP. Making the game safe is the wrong way to balance things out. They need to give players the ability to choose a bit mroe were they stand and what they fight for, similar to becoming a pirate or not in AA, not saying ti should be exactly like AA, that would be bad, but they're already slowly moving towards something like this with the Bandit town. It's better to focus on giving player a reason to kill other players, just as giving a reason to defend other players. 

Edited by Jettesnell
10 people like this

Posted

Someone in another thread (apologies for forgetting who) posted an idea that I like: The ability to flag yourself as 'Safe' so that you couldn't be PK'd, with the caveat that activating this flag would give you lower xp gain, silver acquisition, etc.

This seemed like quite an elegant solution to me as those that want to play 'safely' can do so but would forfeit certain benefits. Whereas those who like the risks are rewarded.

13 people like this

Posted

Yeah that's why after a decade the game still has 5 million+ players....in an expansion lull nonetheless. Killed it.  9_9

going from 12mil subs to 5 maybe 6 during exp releases yeh they listened to the right groups

3 people like this

Posted

Black Desert isn't supposed to be a safe game. If you want a carebear game then go play Hello Kitty online or something. Black Desert was always supposed to be an open world game, with free killing around the world. They already restricted it heavily by making it safe below lvl 45 and having a pounishing karma system, if they remove it completely, they remove a big part of the games core feature. 

I completely disagree with your statement OP. Making the game safe is the wrong way to balance things out. They need to give players the ability to choose a bit mroe were they stand and what they fight for, similar to becoming a pirate or not in AA, not saying ti should be exactly like AA, that would be bad, but they're already slowly moving towards something like this with the Bandit town. It's better to focus on giving player a reason to kill other players, just as giving a reason to defend other players. 

Thank you for that. Exactly this. Give the players the ability to choose where they stand and what they fight for. This shouldn't affect you, just asking for a channel.  What this thread is really about though is receiving some type of response from a more official source. 

1 person likes this

Posted

"nonconsensual world PvP" lol

please, show us on the doll where the bad PVPers touched you

Posting in a thread and not crying about CS prices.How very novel of you.

Posted

Wow? really dude thats not even a game its what idiot kids play and call them selves gamers, you could run it at launch on a cassio calculator........as for PVP VS PVE maybe you should leave discussions to the real gamers. And by that I mean anyone whos invested at least 2k into a rig. WOW really! LMFAO what a douche nozzle

Posted

It would be interesting, By Non-Consensual (Lets call it Optional PvP) you simply mean that only GVG/Battlefield/Node Wars would exist.

Honestly it would be easy to implement, however its the Server Setup that would be the most complicated part.

If it is in the same server (So some Channels would be PvP-Optional) while the rest would be PvP-OW then they would have to readjust the System Karma wise to make people actually still want to play on the Open World Channels.

The reason why this kind of topic will get a lot of trolling inside is because a lot of players (even myself) would stop having people to kill/fight off of my spot, would have to chase monsters instead of simply killing you and getting the sweet farm for myself totally. there is always two sides to the coin.

With all fairness, having it on the same server would be of best interest for the Guild and PvP Battlefield scenarios. but as mentioned, perhaps only 300k Karma players could enter inside the PvE channels. 

Posted

Since all you seem to get from Daum is being ignored I would say maybe you should get together and appeal to PA directly with demand that our version of the game goes back to the original version they developed.

2 people like this