• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Appeal to Daum- Please let us know if there are plans to promote the development of your PvE focused community, and/or those of us that dislike nonconsensual world PvP.

998 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This is my problem with many of the people here who are of the PvE inclined variety.

I do not PK, I *DO* PKK but I don't have a problem saying "A game is a game and I can play within the defined perimeters of the game and make it my own" but because I don't take issue with the fact that PK is in the game I am immediately branded all manner of names, accused of griefing etc etc etc.

I have never even taken a negative karma tick, not once, and yet people are so quick to assume I run around with massive negative karma and hunt level 45's because I don't take issue with the game's mechanics and how it's balanced.

In my life and some 20 odd years of MMO'ing I've initiated PvP against someone not flagged up less than a dozen times and it was because they were griefing me.

Grow up, put on a pair of pants and stop acting persecuted because people have a different opinion.

And also, just a side note, unless you're a psychologist and you have an intensive screening you're not qualified to diagnose someone as a sociopath. Using it in the context that it's so often used on these forums is really just you attacking someone's character and being a prick.

Edited by bakimono
4 people like this

Posted

It's a simple question. What type of PVE do PVPers keep you from experiencing? I want you to tell me when it is that you wish you had a new channel just for you. Don't tell me, " it's when they kill me, or just out in the world." Tell me what you are doing more often than not when you're attacked?

any kind of activities out of the safe zone.

BTW What type of PVP do PVEers keep you from experiencing?

Posted

any kind of activities out of the safe zone.

BTW What type of PVP do PVEers keep you from experiencing?

Weird, I've got over 100 hours in the game at this point and I have yet to be prevented from experiencing activities outside of a safe zone by pkers. Do you have any kind of evidence to assert that there are PK'ers camping outside safe-zones waiting to kill any pvp level players who step foot into the open world?

I have no doubt that PK happens and even, perhaps, you've been PK'ed but "any kind of activities" is a pretty bold claim that is hyperbolic nonsense.

Posted

This is my problem with many of the people here who are of the PvE inclined variety.

I do no PK, I *DO* PKK but I don't have a problem saying "A game is a game and I can play within the defined perimeters of the game and make it my own" but because I don't take issue with the fact that PK is in the game I am immediately branded all manner of names, accused of griefing etc etc etc.

I have never even taken a negative karma tick, not once, and yet people are so quick to assume I run around with massive negative karma and hunt level 45's because I don't take issue with the game's mechanics and how it's balanced.

In my life and some 20 odd years of MMO'ing I've initiated PvP against someone not flagged up less than a dozen times and it was because they were griefing me.

Grow up, put on a pair of pants and stop acting persecuted because people have a different opinion.

And also, just a side note, unless you're a psychologist and you have an intensive screening you're not qualified to diagnose someone as a sociopath. Using it in the context that it's so often used on these forums is really just you attacking someone's character and being a prick.

a thousand times this

also, i ran out of likes 

Posted

I do no PK, I *DO* PKK but I don't have a problem saying "A game is a game and I can play within the defined perimeters of the game and make it my own" but because I don't take issue with the fact that PK is in the game I am immediately branded all manner of names, accused of griefing etc etc etc.

Bakimono, i <3 u.

Posted

just a question, with your 20 experience years, do you think this pvp is good, that ppl can turn red with a main and enter safe zones with alts? do you think the game is balanced , gear , characters, player skills, If u think that all of this is good, then u cant understand the PVEers sorry.

Cause the most of the carebear pvers in this forum are just normal ppl that cant understand this "system" and dont want spend (or cant) a lot of time grinding.

And a coment to all the comunity, if u take away all the non toppvpplayers (i mean ppl who dont care have max lvl and gear) you are going to have an empty world.

I sugest u look the pvp forum and see if ppl is happy with the actual setup.

Posted

just a question, with your 20 experience years, do you think this pvp is good, that ppl can turn red with a main and enter safe zones with alts? do you think the game is balanced , gear , characters, player skills, If u think that all of this is good, then u cant understand the PVEers sorry.

Cause the most of the carebear pvers in this forum are just normal ppl that cant understand this "system" and dont want spend (or cant) a lot of time grinding.

And a coment to all the comunity, if u take away all the non toppvpplayers (i mean ppl who dont care have max lvl and gear) you are going to have an empty world.

"look at x in a forum to see if people are happy"
Forums are never happy, everyone always have their own ideas of how to improve the game and thats why this section of the forum is called Gameplay Discussions.

Posted

Forums are never happy, everyone always have their own ideas of how to improve the game and thats why this section of the forum is called Gameplay Discussions.

These forums arent really being used for discussion, they are just people screaming over each other and telling them they are terrible people

Posted

About ur question , i dont waste time doing pvp cause i just dont like the combat system, plus karma system, the war system i think is ok but pretty useless atm without the point to declare war more than a hot spot.

I spend the most of the day trying to figure how works the game, not only the combat cause i dont like it, so i spend a lot of time in citys, or gathering , but i dont understand why ppl is so upset for ppl asking for pve channel, without transfer character or items (like a separate server).

i cant discuss "i dont like pvp so i like to see a pve channel" because this inst the pvp section? i think i missing something sorry, english inst my main language

Posted

Do I think it is good? Not particularly. I don't think it's terribly bad either, moreso I accept that it is what it is. Also, no, I don't think it's perfectly balanced.

Not understanding the system is a personal problem that doesn't warrant accusing people of having anti-social personality disorders and censoring them.

Top PvP players aren't usually the ones that go on indiscriminate PvP binges and grief players that have no chance against them, they are usually the ones looking for other people that offer them a chance to hone their skills. I'm telling you this as someone who used to be a "top pvp player" and rubs shoulders with those kinds of people.

PvP forums make up a fractional percentage of the forum which is a fractional percentage of the playerbase. Besides that, a chunk of them don't even actually play the game and just troll the forums.

I understand PvE'ers just fine. I've managed PvX guilds and I'm engaged to a hardcore PvE player who will literally just stand there if someone tries to PK her and often gets very upset over it. Alternatively I urge you to try and understand it's a game. The penalty for getting pk'ed is pretty minor, and unless someone is going out of their way to hunt you down specifically it's a you problem if you die over and over and over again to someone racking up a much more significant penalty.

About ur question , i dont waste time doing pvp cause i just dont like the combat system, plus karma system, the war system i think is ok but pretty useless atm without the point to declare war more than a hot spot.

I spend the most of the day trying to figure how works the game, not only the combat cause i dont like it, so i spend a lot of time in citys, or gathering , but i dont understand why ppl is so upset for ppl asking for pve channel, without transfer character or items (like a separate server).

People are upset over it because it's part of the way the game is designed and balanced.

This game has multiple systems in it to breed competition and to hinder the advancement of rivals which feeds into the territory conflicts.

I'm fine with a PvE *server* that is explicitly separate from the regular servers but I understand the ROI is not there for the amount of effort it'd take the developers to implement.

Posted

but i dont understand why ppl is so upset for ppl asking for pve channel, without transfer character or items (like a separate server).

The problem is that in the past, in other games that started with a pvp system similar to this one, it lead to the pve servers being depopulated due to pvpers leaving it in droves and the pvp servers being full of super hardcore pvpers who kill everyone on sight, then get bored of killing the same people over and over and over again. It also hurt the people in the middle, who liked the option to have the occasional pvp encounter but werent ultra hardcore.

Posted (edited)

I understand , less than more, the game, i laugh at the pvp penalties for both sides, the pk can use alts for use the safezones (or grind to restore the karma) the killed just need respanw and feel pity for the xp loss, no full loot, no dead sick , nothing .

Really, why try to adapt and learn a system that you dont like at all, when the petion goes to the devs and game staff , not to the others players, the petition is a server without the terrible (in my point of view) system they implanted, this add to keep those players, but we arent asking for remove the pvp from the game, just a safe zone channel for the ppl who want learn and play the single player part of the game.

2 Edit; sorry if im mistanken u with other, tbh the most of the time i read the forum without look who write what.

Edited by kaidos
Grammar

Posted

Not sure the problem even exists yet. I have played actively since launch and am sitting at level 50.5 with over 100 AP and DP. I have been PK'd once. And honestly it was my fault. I had disabled the chat so I did not have to see all of the crap in the main chat and the guy I didn't see before I setup and started farming was asking me to not farm there and when I didn't reply, he PK'd me. Now guild wars are another matter. And I suspect node wars will be as well. 

Posted

I understand , less than more, the game, i laugh at the pvp penalties for both sides, the pk can use alts for use the safezones (or grind to restore the karma) the killed just need respanw and feel pity for the xp loss, no full loot, no dead sick , nothing .

Really, why try to addatp and learn a system that you dont like at all, when the petion goes to the devs and game staff , not to the others players, the petition is a server without the terrible (in my point of view) system they implanted, this add to keep those players, but we arent asking for remove the pvp from the game, just a safe zone channel for the ppl who want leanr and play the single player part of the game.

I do happen to think the current system is not so great, but you're not going to like why I think it is.

I think that the karma system should be scrapped and penalties removed from all PvP deaths and kills with Karma simply being relegated to a forced flag similar to most other OWPvP games, not because I want to PK but because the way it is now it really discourages OWPvP.

I'm really not much for PvP these days because I don't have the time to stay competitive, but I find OWPvP keeps an otherwise relatively mundane experience thrilling because you never know if that player heading your way is passing by, wants to group up or is just closing distance to flag and tag.

But, you know, dying in a video game has never upset me because it's just a game. I feel like younger generations take death way too seriously or as some kind of sign of inadequacy rather than encouragement to just get better. I've beaten every game under the sun that is lauded for high difficulty except for Demon souls because I never owned a ps3 (I've even finished ninja gaiden black) because I see death as motivation.

Games are a leisure activity with the consequences of real life removed, death is meaningless when you respawn so I don't quite get why people take such offense to it.

Posted

Let's be honest all this could have been avoided if they had kept the current Korean system where you need to do a quest in order to flag your account for PVP.

That quest appears to be in our version as well.

Posted

Thats the point, Daum inst going to get a system that like all the ppl, so instead have 11 channels with system that only like a few, why dont close 1 channel for pve playstyle, the only reason Need for pvp is the node wars, im prety sure this can be disable (this is a joke). All the players dont fit in only one server anyway.

Posted

@bakimono
I think if they removed karma then they'd have to remove most spawn locations and seriously reduce the death penalty for a pvp death.
Atleast I think you wanna go for a kind of Dayz experience?

The people in this thread are (like everywhere on the forums) making an elephant out of a mosquitto, if you are really just PvE'ing and travelling through the world then you will barely till ever get PK'd. The only time people seriously PK people is when grinding and that is just a given, it's an owPvP game and if you wanna get stronger you are gonna have to compete. I don't see why you would want to get stronger as a PvE'er to begin with, if it's for the bosses then theres plenty of games that do it 20x better AND let you farm in complete safety.

Posted (edited)

How do I delete this post!!!???

Edited by Punkroc

Posted

@bakimono
I think if they removed karma then they'd have to remove most spawn locations and seriously reduce the death penalty for a pvp death.
Atleast I think you wanna go for a kind of Dayz experience?

The people in this thread are (like everywhere on the forums) making an elephant out of a mosquitto, if you are really just PvE'ing and travelling through the world then you will barely till ever get PK'd. The only time people seriously PK people is when grinding and that is just a given, it's an owPvP game and if you wanna get stronger you are gonna have to compete. I don't see why you would want to get stronger as a PvE'er to begin with, if it's for the bosses then theres plenty of games that do it 20x better AND let you farm in complete safety.

As I said, remove the system entirely and all penalties for PK death and have Karma be relegated to a force flag mechainc (i.e. you start at zero karma and killing a player effectively forces you to have your PvP flag on till you return to 0)

Posted

The WoW nerds strike again.

Trying to turn this lovely game into a tank and spank boss grind fest. 

1 person likes this

Posted

No dedicated server, no problem. It doesn't have to be separated. How about a channel with a tweaked rule-set? More stringent PK punishment or flagging system.

There are a multitude of threads on potential implementation though, I'm really just requesting/pleading one of the CMs to come in here and say something, even if it's to say no, we have no plans to service the PvE player base. That information would still be appreciated.

How about the other way around? A channel where you can PK without losing karma?

1 person likes this

Posted

"and unless someone is going out of their way to hunt you down specifically" 

Well, i prefer not to experience this on a pve realm, tyvm.

Posted

I'm confused about why people who presumably enjoy PvP are so against the idea of even asking about non-PvP servers/channels.  Are you afraid that too many people will opt for the non-PvP options and leave your desired PvP server/channel less populated?  Maybe you could PvP against each other while the 'carebears' go pick flowers and run around on their horses.  Just a thought.

where will griefers and trolls get their satisfaction from then? fighting against competent pvpers where they can get wrecked?

ohhhh no, they won't like that, ohhhhhh no~

Posted

"and unless someone is going out of their way to hunt you down specifically" 

Well, i prefer not to experience this on a pve realm, tyvm.

If this game was a PvE game you'd have a valid point. If this game had a PvE realm you'd have a valid point.

This game is neither of those things, never was, never has been.

Not saying I don't appreciate and understand the desire for it, just saying that's not what this game is.

where will griefers and trolls get their satisfaction from then? fighting against competent pvpers where they can get wrecked?

ohhhh no, they won't like that, ohhhhhh no~

Griefers and trolls are the minority in any community, I'm dubious if it's a good idea to split the community even further because of that minority.

Posted

For god sakes just put it back like the original. Do the Lv50 quest = PVP or u can stay Lv49 forever it really very simple.

1 person likes this