• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Now that Mediah is out, Daum please reinstitute the lvl 49 quest to enable PvP

172 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

With the Mediah release it would be an ideal time to change back to the level 49 PvP enabling quest as it was originally designed (and still used in other regions). I can understand reducing the PvP flag to level 45 on release to jump start pvp when it was very difficult to get over level 50. However, with the Mediah release and the increased xp from mobs in the new areas it is now much easier to get to 55. Thus to keep the PvP level range within reasonable limits (~5 levels), it makes sense to revert back to the level 49 quest method so pvp starts at level 50.

The in the NA version of the game the level 49 quest still mentions that it flags you for pvp and gives a warning. It is obvious that this is what was intended by the developers. Daum, please consider making this change. Thanks.

Edited by Parallel
48 people like this

Posted

No, shitty idea. Also why would anyone 55 PK a level 45?

1 person likes this

Posted

shitty arguments

Posted

Because 99% of PKer can´t better.

2 people like this

Posted

To grief! For the lulz! For shitz and giggles! For the punch line!

hqdefault.jpg

Posted

Because for the giggles?

Posted

Because 99% of PKer can´t better.

Bullshit.

To grief! For the lulz! For shitz and giggles! For the punch line!

hqdefault.jpg

Yes because it is so fun to go red. The thing with going red is that it is even worse once you get +18 gear since if you get a DC while killing mobs the loss is pretty -----ing massive.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why is it a shitty idea? Making it clear to new players when PvP starts is a good thing and this quest does that. It would help alleviate much of the confusion on enabling PvP. Plus it has been proven to work well in other regions. 

1 person likes this

Posted

they always do because they can and they usually say it on the forum as well

sentence like "red is dead" or "if the game allow it" = 45 vs 55 is normal

Posted

Why is it a shitty idea? Making it clear to new players when PvP starts is a good thing and this quest does that. It would help alleviate much of the confusion on enabling PvP. Plus it has been proven to work well in other regions. 

Why? Because losing 1% before level 50 is absolutely NOTHING. Cry me a river mate.

Posted

With the Mediah release it would be an ideal time to change back to the level 49 PvP enabling quest as it was originally designed (and still used in other regions). I can understand reducing the PvP flag to level 45 on release to jump start pvp when it was very difficult to get over level 50. However, with the Mediah release and the increased xp from mobs in the new areas it is now much easier to get to 55. Thus to keep the PvP level range within reasonable limits (~5 levels), it makes sense to revert back to the level 49 quest method so pvp starts at level 50.

The in the NA version of the game the level 49 quest still mentions that it flags you for pvp and gives a warning. It is obvious that this is what was intended by the developers. Daum, please consider making this change. Thanks.

Once again, have you forgotten (or didn't know) that the 49 unlock, unlocks your entire account per server, not just the character you unlock it with. How is that going to combat "griefing", when people will be able to camp your low level alts as soon as you log them on?

2 people like this

Posted

There's a ton of different reasons a 55 might flag up against a level 45.

1. The 45 is in the area they are farming at taking mobs from the level 55 and they want to drive them out of that area.
2. They don't care about Karma and are the type of person to just kill anyone they want on a whim.
3. The 45 is in a guild that the 55 hates or has dealt with members of before.

There's probably a ton of other reasons this happens, but there's just a few for you.

Posted

Wow, I can't believe you really said that...

Posted

Why? Because losing 1% before level 50 is absolutely NOTHING. Cry me a river mate.

If pvp below 49 means absolutely nothing then changing back to 50 should not affect pvp any way. Thus you agree there is no downside to making the change. Glad we cleared that up.

2 people like this

Posted

We do love to pk the level 45s and their horses, fun time!

Posted

Bullshit.

Yes because it is so fun to go red. The thing with going red is that it is even worse once you get +18 gear since if you get a DC while killing mobs the loss is pretty -----ing massive.

Then get better internet :D

Posted

Because they can, because for fun, because they are in the same grinding area as you, guild wars, just in the mood to kill anything that moves. For the troll lols, lots of reasons why someone might.

Granted not something d go out of my way to do, as it would be no fun or challenge

Posted

I concur... PVP at 50 only if you complete the quest

5 people like this

Posted

I concur with your concur sir :)

1 person likes this

Posted

There's a ton of different reasons a 55 might flag up against a level 45.

1. The 45 is in the area they are farming at taking mobs from the level 55 and they want to drive them out of that area.
2. They don't care about Karma and are the type of person to just kill anyone they want on a whim.
3. The 45 is in a guild that the 55 hates or has dealt with members of before.

There's probably a ton of other reasons this happens, but there's just a few for you.

It's not worth it, just KS him until he leaves since the karma would be used on killing someone who you cannot force out by KSing.

PKers would kill the 45 because they just wanna kill whoever they see but right now they are getting enough punishments and it is not really viable to be red currently.

If the 45 is in a guild which has bad run ins then they are most likely at war already or maybe he should just leave the guild because well, you have shitty friends. You stay with shitty friends and live with the consequences. Simple.

Wow, I can't believe you really said that...

Because it's true.

If pvp below 49 means absolutely nothing then changing back to 50 should not affect pvp any way. Thus you agree there is no downside to making the change. Glad we cleared that up.

Well 45 or 50 doesn't really make a big different tbh but the quest would make a big difference and have a bad influence.

We do love to pk the level 45s and their horses, fun time!

Cool story edgelord.

Then get better internet :D

Got 100/10 currently, definitely enough and the problem is for me not DCs but that the client crashes and it has nothing to do with my PCs performance because I am 99% sure it is better than yours. ;)

Because they can, because for fun, because they are in the same grinding area as you, guild wars, just in the mood to kill anything that moves. For the troll lols, lots of reasons why someone might.

Granted not something d go out of my way to do, as it would be no fun or challenge

For fun? Have you ever tried going red? It makes life hell currently and honestly even worse with Mediah. Realistically for someone with good gear there is no reason to go red on a level 45 except to ----- up the game for yourself since the karma penalties are so heavy.

Level 50 fine, quest? shit idea.

Posted (edited)

image.png?w=400&c=1No, shitty idea. Also why would anyone 55 PK a level 45?

Edited by Lasarith

Posted

Because they can ? And it also consider "hardcore PvP" by them ... So, yeah, makes their e-peen bigger you know ...

Posted

Level 50 fine, quest? shit idea.

To bad it is that way on every other version...

The stupid PK crowd whined pre CBT1 and got the level changed from 50 to 45.... if they don't make that change then we would be the same as everywhere else. The quest is already in the game....

Posted

The quest is what makes it clear to new players they are about enter PvP. Just look at all the threads of new players getting ganked and not understanding why. With the quest in place you would probably see a lot less threads complaining about being Pked since there would at least be a warning. The quest makes it 100% clear.

Posted

Make it so! Some of my characters would rather be doing life skills, some I want to go into pvp. This would solve a lot of the back and forth between the hardcore and casuals also. Or have a pvp flag like Star Wars Galaxies.

4 people like this