• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Now that Mediah is out, Daum please reinstitute the lvl 49 quest to enable PvP

172 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The quest is what makes it clear to new players they are about enter PvP. Just look at all the threads of new players getting ganked and not understanding why. With the quest in place you would probably see a lot less threads complaining about being Pked since there would at least be a warning. The quest makes it 100% clear.

Doing your research before buying the game also makes it 100% clear.

Edited by Ice Cool

Posted

With the Mediah release it would be an ideal time to change back to the level 49 PvP enabling quest as it was originally designed (and still used in other regions). I can understand reducing the PvP flag to level 45 on release to jump start pvp when it was very difficult to get over level 50. However, with the Mediah release and the increased xp from mobs in the new areas it is now much easier to get to 55. Thus to keep the PvP level range within reasonable limits (~5 levels), it makes sense to revert back to the level 49 quest method so pvp starts at level 50.

The in the NA version of the game the level 49 quest still mentions that it flags you for pvp and gives a warning. It is obvious that this is what was intended by the developers. Daum, please consider making this change. Thanks.

From the user experience perspective, this makes complete sense.

Posted

Doing your research before buying a game also makes it 100% clear.

Oh wow, another one of those.

Let me quote what's on the official website:

A world of seamless, live interaction
COMBAT

Experience intuitive skill based combat

OVERVIEW

FANTASY LIFE

Enjoy the ultimate, fantasy role-play and discover endless possibilities

OVERVIEW

IMMENSE WORLD

Explore a captivating world with groundbreaking visuals

WORLD

Veiled enmity and secret stories

Where does it say "pvp-focused" or "pvp-based" or any "pvp-related" information? Absolutely nothing about "pvp being THE end-game".

The only pvp warning you get is guess where - on a quest item you get from a lvl 44 quest, that clearly says "In order to level above level 50, you need to complete this quest. This will also enable the PvP feature."

So yeah, no.

I say go with the rest and enable PvP via the quest.

Posted

COMBAT

OVERVIEW

FANTASY LIFE

OVERVIEW

IMMENSE WORLD

WORLD

Where does it say "pvp-focused" or "pvp-based" or any "pvp-related" information? Absolutely nothing about "pvp being THE end-game".

The only pvp warning you get is guess where - on a quest item you get from a lvl 44 quest, that clearly says "In order to level above level 50, you need to complete this quest. This will also enable the PvP feature."

So yeah, no.

I agree that Daum should make it clearer, but sadly simply going to the official website and falling for marketing tactics isn't what I'd call doing your research.

Posted

I agree that Daum should make it clearer, but sadly simply going to the official website and falling for marketing tactics isn't what I'd call doing your research.

The item description is quite clear and it does exactly what it says in all other regions.

How are you supposed to know then? Lurk forums for a couple of weeks prior to purchase?

There are so many informations circling now, some from different regions, some from beta, it's hard to make anything from it as it is.

As someone mentioned before, game has a decent amount of players at 50+ levels, no need for confusing on-fly changes that add literally nothing to the game except for said confusion.

Posted

someone mentioned earlier in this thread that the quest unlocks pvp for every character on ur ENTIRE account.  i am not sure that many would want to deal with that consequence either.   i, for one, am fine with the way things r.  as things stand now, i know that i have to gear as much as i can before hitting lvl 45.

Posted

Would like to see this suggestion implemented as well. 50 required level with the Lv49 quest required to progress. The PvP starting point at 45 doesn't really make sense. That creates a big spread.

Posted

COMBAT

OVERVIEW

FANTASY LIFE

OVERVIEW

IMMENSE WORLD

WORLD

So yeah, no.

So you're the reason they have to put instructions on Shampoo bottles and why people sue McDonalds because it made them fat because there were no warnings!

Posted

How is this even a problem?  I went from 45 to 49 in like 6 hours, and I got PK'd once at catfish during that time.  ONCE.  Take your licks and move on for cryin' out loud.

Also, you realize that a player doesn't really have a good way to tell if another player is 45 or 55 right?  Players aren't just going around picking on fresh lvl 45's just because they are easy pickings, they're just going PKing for the hell of it, or because they want you out of their farm zone or whatever.

Finally, after lvl 50, the level gap means next to nothing compared to gear, and gear has no level requirement so if you can't work on your level, work on your gear and you'll be able to stand toe to toe easily with any would be PKer.

1 person likes this

Posted

No, shitty idea. Also why would anyone 55 PK a level 45?

Because they are dickhead griefers obviously. 

1 person likes this

Posted

How about no and why don't you carebears stop trying to change a decent game to suit your needs you selfish little gits. 
BDO is how it is and if that ain't good enough. There is the door. Use it. 

Posted

So many clueless people here who do not understand the perspective of the "giefer". I guess that is how it is to be low tier trash.

Posted

How about no and why don't you carebears stop trying to change a decent game to suit your needs you selfish little gits. 
BDO is how it is and if that ain't good enough. There is the door. Use it. 

Good points. (This is to anyone) If you're afraid to get pk by lvl 55+, get good or get out.

So many clueless people here who do not understand the perspective of the "giefer". I guess that is how it is to be low tier trash.

You mean the things in Maze Runner?

Posted (edited)

This ! set back pvp to lvl 50, make the quest back to stuck us at 49.99% if we dont complet like.

Like that, no dumb pvp.

Actualy, i dont know if you are aware about that, but pvp was set at lvl 45 because you had a lot whiner during CBT2 that wanted to change that.

Otherwise the game SHOULD have pvp at lvl 50 and a quest to "unlock" the lvl 50, so pvp.

Nice try, but fail, actualy, ppl want have the game back to how its supposed to be in the first place

Edited by woots
1 person likes this

Posted

Funny how these threads turn into a mass of You've chosen to ignore content by  very fast for me.

1 person likes this

Posted

How is this even a problem?  I went from 45 to 49 in like 6 hours, and I got PK'd once at catfish during that time.  ONCE.  Take your licks and move on for cryin' out loud.

Also, you realize that a player doesn't really have a good way to tell if another player is 45 or 55 right?  Players aren't just going around picking on fresh lvl 45's just because they are easy pickings, they're just going PKing for the hell of it, or because they want you out of their farm zone or whatever.

Finally, after lvl 50, the level gap means next to nothing compared to gear, and gear has no level requirement so if you can't work on your level, work on your gear and you'll be able to stand toe to toe easily with any would be PKer.

I'm gonna have to agree with JaktNova here. I got pk'd once at Catfish, but it was totally my fault because there was a party train going through the mobs, and instead of just moving to a different catfish area, like a dummy I didn't notice they had a train going and I was disrupting it. I got killed by one of them, and that's when I realized: "OOohhhh, I was being rude."

They didn't pk me again and I stayed out of their way. I think that's how the system should work in an ideal circumstance.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm gonna have to agree with JaktNova here. I got pk'd once at Catfish, but it was totally my fault because there was a party train going through the mobs, and instead of just moving to a different catfish area, like a dummy I didn't notice they had a train going and I was disrupting it. I got killed by one of them, and that's when I realized: "OOohhhh, I was being rude."
They didn't pk me again and I stayed out of their way. I think that's how the system should work in an ideal circumstance.

I'm glad you find out your fault, it's not too late to repent!

Leveling groups deserve priority over solo or small group of players since:

1. It is harder to form a leveling group

2. Their total AP > your AP

3. Their total DP > your DP

Unless 2 and 3 is rebuked (see Black Desert Online Ranger vs Guild youtube video), otherwise your act is a provocation of war and deserves to be put down.

Posted

Funnily enough, the person who pk'd me was actually pretty cool. From what I've noticed personally, a lot of player kills in grinding areas tend to be because the person being PK'd is being inconsiderate. Either unintentionally or sometimes intentionally. One can be PvE focused and still be a jerk in Black Desert just as easily as a PvPer can.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah because if you're in a GvG you're clearly imune to PK.

Posted (edited)

Funnily enough, the person who pk'd me was actually pretty cool. From what I've noticed personally, a lot of player kills in grinding areas tend to be because the person being PK'd is being inconsiderate. Either unintentionally or sometimes intentionally. One can be PvE focused and still be a jerk in Black Desert just as easily as a PvPer can.

Definitely, if you didn't look like an A hole to me, I would not have broken your face.

Who's the judge of you looking A hole or not? Do we really need to take it to court?

No, I'm the one to decide, *BAM*.

Edited by Nerevarine

Posted

I don't get why those of you who live to pvp care if people who have no interest in it want to avoid it. I don't see how this would negatively affect you in any way if they brought back the quest that exists in every other region. Please enlighten me as to how this would be so terrible for the game. People who want to avoid pvping will do so regardless and if they can't they will just leave. There is absolutely no good reason to take this choice that every other region has away from the players. Forcing people who are not interested in pvp or being ganked to have to put up with it is a good way to get them to leave the game and go play something else. Then you can come and complain on the forums that the game is dead because there is no one playing.

6 people like this

Posted

Unless 2 and 3 is rebuked (see Black Desert Online Ranger vs Guild youtube video), otherwise your act is a provocation of war and deserves to be put down.

LOL ?

Posted

Heh not always. 

A 3 man party tried to dispute my spot yesterday and lost. If you have faith in your gear level, i say give it a try. 
Many times it seems that these parties are in a party in the first place because their gear levels and levels are lower than the actual content of the area. 

Posted

I don't get why those of you who live to pvp care if people who have no interest in it want to avoid it. I don't see how this would negatively affect you in any way if they brought back the quest that exists in every other region. Please enlighten me as to how this would be so terrible for the game. People who want to avoid pvping will do so regardless and if they can't they will just leave. There is absolutely no good reason to take this choice that every other region has away from the players. Forcing people who are not interested in pvp or being ganked to have to put up with it is a good way to get them to leave the game and go play something else. Then you can come and complain on the forums that the game is dead because there is no one playing.

PvP is a mechanism in this game, just like afk fishing, farming, and all other carebear activities.

Does hardcore PvPers have a choice to avoid all this other game mechanics?

No, because wherever they go, they see these people and they don't like it. The scene is obscene to their eyes.

Posted

Trolling, fun, whatever they decide. Maybe boredom. It happens in every game, you new here?