• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Give up Hope; Ive seen this before.

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Howdy,

Now I know alot of you guys are noticeably and justifiably upset at the unwarranted changes that daum made to the ranger class (and it seems only the ranger...hmm). Daum recently, as you're all now aware of, buffed useless skills, nerfed all the viable skills, and didnt even have the courage to list actual numbers to their villainy; figures now coming in @ nearly a 1/3 reduction across the board.

But, fear not, because I am here to assure you...

That we are completely screwed.

I've seen this in DOZENS of games before, where the dev's who likely dont even play their own game attempt to finagle changes that ruin particular classes/weapons/etc. And while some may claim this is anecdotal evidence, I can pretty much guarantee you that from this moment ranger will NEVER be the same. When the dev's make a decision like this they cross a threshold. These acts betray a very specific intent that cannot be ignored. The MOST you can hope for as a ranger is a large amount of back peddling, but even then it will never be what it was. I have not seen it one single time before, and I doubt I ever will. They would not have made these changes had they not felt they were warranted because reasons.

Unfortunately I find it more true than not, that most developers possess a mindset completely alien to that of their player-base. Their actions towards us are frequently patronizing or outright harmful. Now there are SOME developers who take cues from the top echelon of players (AKA people who know their game better than they do), this is however not the norm.

When a developer makes decisions such as these, you need to understand this is a VERY clear directive. Even if the ranger gets re-adjusted its entirely possible they will end up in a fugue state of constant fluctuation between kinda-meh and borderline useless. Ive seen it, ive seen it, ive seen it. Over, and over, and over again, ad infinitum.

It NEVER ends. Ive actually taken to calling it joker-carbine-nerfing in lieu of a case study Esq example from APBR. And the lesson I take from it is, "have a plan B".

At this point in time many of you may be wondering...what now? Well, honestly, if you were smart or at least forward thinking like I was - you would already have another level 50 on the back burner ready to go. If not, maybe its time to use those alts and level them up. Now is as good a time as any opportunity wise. You have plenty of access to new weapons and armor, and if you choose to dive head first into another class you might be able to liquidate all your gear and use those proceeds to fund other ventures. Now im not saying you have to get RID of you ranger, just that its time to redirect your efforts towards something a bit more productive. At the very worst you could end up in the reverse situation later down the line, where you can deck out your ranger after they are made somewhat viable again. But, to expect this any time in the upcoming future would be naive.

Just remember, they F***ed the ranger once, and they damn well will do it again. There is nothing stopping them, you have no choice in the matter and your input is irrelevant. When developers do underhanded SH** like they did here, that should set the precedent for what you can expect in the future. I find its best to not "keep all your eggs in one basket" as it were. It always pays to invest in a highly reliable class even if they are somewhat benign. 

Just fair warning. IF they cared what we thought, this wouldn't have happened. Instead they ram it down our throats with little warning. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Their disdain for the ranger should be on display.

6 people like this

Posted

Yeah...leave the stun aoe for the other classes as it is...but no...nerf the shotgun aoe and the evasion explosive(mostly for pve)...good job DAUM...listen to the whiners..nerf ranger again...heck...buff all the other classes...give us a reason to quit the game

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey rangers,jameson.gif

4 people like this

Posted

This post is cancer. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

dude, ranger was op SINCE 2 YEARS in kr and is considered op in two different game versions (jp,ru) and now it was finally nerfed. Get a grip on reality and dont overreact like a little girl and inform yourself. It was the dominate class in PVE and PVP, even only needing 2 SKILLS of their awakening weapon, while all other classes completly rely on them. This alone should inform your brain that something is amiss. The ranger base class is extremly strong and now the began to slowly shift their power from vanilla class to certain awakening skills, so that you acutally have to use BOTH weapons to be effective and not spam wow+ees and shotgun 24/7 while all other classes have to show some real effort.

And for all the pros, sorcs were buffed in the last balance patch in kr, surely because they are the most op broken class. NOT.

Edited by Jiav

Posted

This post is cancer. 

Thanks obama. RIP my level 52 ranger.

I should have seen the writing on the wall when heve armor was availible again. Looks like other people knew something I didnt.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey guys we are still better than tamers... right?

Posted

Thanks obama. RIP my level 52 ranger.

I should have seen the writing on the wall when heve armor was availible again. Looks like other people knew something I didnt.

yeah that neil is coming..

Posted

Cool story brah

1 person likes this

Posted

I heard zerks got a buff, maybe you can now play them

1 person likes this

Posted

Posted (edited)

yes, please. Maybe playing some other classes will open your eyes how mind blowing easy mode ranger is and why he got nerfed.

Edited by Jiav

Posted

If they fix grabs and make them do dmg and fix sorc yeah

dude, ranger was op SINCE 2 YEARS in kr and is considered op in two different game versions (jp,ru) and now it was finally nerfed. Get a grip on reality and dont overreact like a little girl and inform yourself. It was the dominate class in PVE and PVP, even only needing 2 SKILLS of their awakening weapon, while all other classes completly rely on them. This alone should inform your brain that something is amiss. The ranger base class is extremly strong and now the began to slowly shift their power from vanilla class to certain awakening skills, so that you acutally have to use BOTH weapons to be effective and not spam wow+ees and shotgun 24/7 while all other classes have to show some real effort.

And for all the pros, sorcs were buffed in the last balance patch in kr, surely because they are the most op broken class. NOT.

Ill repeat myself: Sorcs are broken on Na/EU. Confirmed by devs, working on it. So yeah, they are broken and for 1vs1 or pvp in general they were never bad.

Using only 2skills is a bad statement too, other classes use their awakenings and only 1skill of the "normal " weapon so nothing changes, ranger have no dmg left and no cc.

Posted

If they fix grabs and make them do dmg and fix sorc yeah

Ill repeat myself: Sorcs are broken on Na/EU. Confirmed by devs, working on it. So yeah, they are broken and for 1vs1 or pvp in general they were never bad.

Using only 2skills is a bad statement too, other classes use their awakenings and only 1skill of the "normal " weapon so nothing changes, ranger have no dmg left and no cc.

You are right, i was not talking about the cc bug ( i agree that has to be fixed), i was talking about GENERAL game balance. Where ranger is still top.

EES knockdowns, reapers flurry knockdown, you can q cancel kick = knockdown.

Posted

You are right, i was not talking about the cc bug ( i agree that has to be fixed), i was talking about GENERAL game balance. Where ranger is still top.

EES knockdowns, reapers flurry knockdown, you can q cancel kick = knockdown.

Assuming gear matters most removing farming potential of a class cannot mean that it is still top. It may still be viable now but what once awakening is out making any class beastmode but ranger? Do they hvae plans to compensate at this point and if so why arent they stating any intentions?

Fighting enemies with gear ranger was nowhere near op as sorc (even with no bug that they feel easy to ignore) and in groups a wizard is still a lot more viable with heals and buffs while a geared (!) valk can burst as much as ranger while still being usefull.

I was already using way more potions than any class (xcept zerk of course who is, still, totally doinked) and u know it does add up over time and as i started it, gear matters and silver is gear. So taking away 30%damage, adding 30%mana cost is totally utterly over the top. Nerfing shotgun by 20%wouldv been totally fine, it still does a lot of damage.

I cannot see ranger top because wizard farms faster, sorc pk faster/better and u never know IF they will fix the bug u know...if they would care about balanced this crap bug wouldv been fixed before adjusting any wheels that koreans didnt touch yet. It is bad style, bad work, bad vision (buffing zerk dmg now is an overbuff once he gets awakening in 3months) and of course silly repeated mistakes on translation (their actual job as a PUBLISHER) like read hunters mark.

Posted

Assuming gear matters most removing farming potential of a class cannot mean that it is still top. It may still be viable now but what once awakening is out making any class beastmode but ranger? Do they hvae plans to compensate at this point and if so why arent they stating any intentions?

Fighting enemies with gear ranger was nowhere near op as sorc (even with no bug that they feel easy to ignore) and in groups a wizard is still a lot more viable with heals and buffs while a geared (!) valk can burst as much as ranger while still being usefull.

I was already using way more potions than any class (xcept zerk of course who is, still, totally doinked) and u know it does add up over time and as i started it, gear matters and silver is gear. So taking away 30%damage, adding 30%mana cost is totally utterly over the top. Nerfing shotgun by 20%wouldv been totally fine, it still does a lot of damage.

I cannot see ranger top because wizard farms faster, sorc pk faster/better and u never know IF they will fix the bug u know...if they would care about balanced this crap bug wouldv been fixed before adjusting any wheels that koreans didnt touch yet. It is bad style, bad work, bad vision (buffing zerk dmg now is an overbuff once he gets awakening in 3months) and of course silly repeated mistakes on translation (their actual job as a PUBLISHER) like read hunters mark.

Thats why I said dont bother reading what jiav, ayl, or shan has to say. They are talking out of their ass

Posted

Thats why I said dont bother reading what jiav, ayl, or shan has to say. They are talking out of their ass

I believe that they think they are right but at some point i dunno they are either devs trying to cover the crap their comrades did or it is people who really didnt see a publisher do a good job yet.

Posted

So taking away 30%damage, adding 30%mana cost is totally utterly over the top. Nerfing shotgun by 20%wouldv been totally fine, it still does a

You are talking as if shotgun is the only skill you can deal damage with. Yesterday in the Arena my guildies were telling I was harder to kill than usually <-- Because I was jumping around more (lol). Guess what, don't create your build around a skill, but also add skills which aren't for dps only. This nerf was the best Thing what happened to rangers.

Posted

nice trolling shiine.

MY sorc friend with 30 less AP than me is able to kill mobs faster than me, without mana problems.

Posted

I'd like to pay my respects to all ranger players.

Wonder what class will be nerfed next, altough silly to speculate on that as there seems to be a hamster spinning a lotto-wheel for applying these nerfs/buffs.

Posted

nice trolling shiine.

MY sorc friend with 30 less AP than me is able to kill mobs faster than me, without mana problems.

The witch hunt is real. To even claim sorcs don't burn through pots is hilarious. Anyways man /popcorn I'm enjoying this.

1 person likes this

Posted

yes its well known that sorcs use more mana than ranger isnt it? LMAO

you dumb -----, someone ban me from this forum because i cant handle this stuff. ridiculous

Posted

yes its well known that sorcs use more mana than ranger isnt it? LMAO

you dumb -----, someone ban me from this forum because i cant handle this stuff. ridiculous

Cool story brah

Posted

This post is cancer. 

i'd say alot of threads from yday are cancer. i open it, watch on it but dont read it. my brain doesnt want it xD  zombie-topics

Posted

nice trolling shiine.

I have a ranger and a sorc. My ranger can still kill mobs faster, pull bigger packs, hardly use energy and not get hit a single time. Don't understand all the commotion tbh.

1 person likes this