• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

NO TRADE IS FINE

47 posts in this topic

Posted

For everyone complaining about no trade I just wanna say I think its fine and Im sure there are plenty of others who like it. I would even disable pot trading to completely discourage any kind of gold farming.

If you want unlimited trades there is only EVERY OTHER MMO to play. I also like that your not going to see ass clans blocking traders, smurfing farmers and scamming and extorting at every turn but, if you like that, I highly recommend AA where you can play with whats left of the like-minded community, except with the mass exodus of PVE'ers there is not many left to gank.

5 people like this

Posted

For everyone complaining about no trade I just wanna say I think its fine and Im sure there are plenty of others who like it. I would even disable pot trading to completely discourage any kind of gold farming.

If you want unlimited trades there is only EVERY OTHER MMO to play. I also like that your not going to see ass clans blocking traders, smurfing farmers and scamming and extorting at every turn but, if you like that, I highly recommend AA where you can play with whats left of the like-minded community, except with the mass exodus of PVE'ers there is not many left to gank.

i like you and I like your train of thought

1 person likes this

Posted

this

Posted (edited)

Do you actually have proof of rampant RMT?

Or is this more "if you didnt play you dont know, just believe my words".

Edited by Astra

Posted

Do you actually have proof of rampant RMT?

Or is this more "if you didnt play you dont know, just believe my words".

Im not sure what the question is?

Posted (edited)

There's already a trade button for users, it just didn't work in the CBT lol.

-edit: also, technically there's already user trading via the marketplace with horses, and items!

Edited by Feyria
realized there's marketplace selling

Posted

You can only trade consumables though like pots.

Posted

What a ridiculous post, you don't even provide meaningful feedback or suggestions on the trade system. Instead you are suggesting people try another game based on one feature? We got trade implemented so you are going to have to deal with it. 

Why is everyone afraid of RMT? Did the RMT's in other games ruin your experience? Did they harm you or your family? Every time RMT is mentioned its like the boogie man. Just a heads up, but RMT is in nearly every MMO. It is just a common thing and will never disappear. The only way to get rid of RMT is to remove the market and trading all together. Gold sellers will always find a way around the system. It doesn't matter and to punish players because of gold selling is wrong. Players shouldn't be punished for the lack of involvement in RMT tracking/banning. So you want to play a single player RPG? That's exactly what this game needs, more singleplayer elements. As if the grouping, trading, crafting, and leveling weren't single player as it is. RMT is not that big of a deal people make it out to be. I'd bet that you have played plenty of MMO's where there are gold sellers around. Have you truly paid attention to RMT? Cause if you hadn't you'd never notice. It doesn't change the economy drastically and there is plenty of ways to prevent it without removing a feature. Why spite the players cause the boogie man is lurking around?  

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

There's already a trade button for users, it just didn't work in the CBT lol.

you can only trade pots, in kr you can't even trade those as there is not even a trade function cause they took it out cause its literally pointless

no trading is completely fine maybe people will learn to play a game and get money for them self 

no trading = no gold sellers

np trading = no begging

@Chaosbelow trading was not implemented, trading was limited to food items and that is completely fine if it goes anymore it would/does start break game economy.

Edited by Ten
1 person likes this

Posted

Who are you to tell me what is meaningful? My meaningful contribution was to say I liked it as is. Yeah so you whinged and bitched and moaned until you got what you wanted, yay, perhaps you can ask for panda's next too

Posted

you can only trade pots, in kr you can't even trade those as there is not even a trade function cause they took it out cause its literally pointless
no trading is completely fine maybe people will learn to play a game and get money for them self 

np trading = no begging

@Chaosbelow trading was not implemented, trading was limited to food items and that is completely fine if it goes anymore it would/does start break game economy.

That wont fix RMT/gold selling at all.. lol. 

As I edited my post before-- there's still the general market to sell items on, and the horse market-- if RMT'ers want to find a way to do it, they will.. and then the guys here at Daum games will take care of them I'm sure. It's nothing for us to worry over.

Like.. even without trading, RMT could still make characters running on scripts like they do in other MMO's.. then farm items to sell on the player marketplace (you know, the one where any person can go and list an item for sale for seven days or so).. I'm sure they'd think of some crazy way to still deliver people gold, like buying some crap item from the user buying the gold for a lot of gold that makes no sense.. ya' see, with other human beings ya' gotta understand: where there's a will, there's a way.

Just trust that the guys running Black Desert are gonna' take care of it, coz' they will. It's their jobs lol.

Posted (edited)

I won't say free trade but certainly a less restrictive trade system is far an away key to a healthier and primarily player driven economy.  A lot of people don't really understand crafters and gatherers, they enjoy the social aspect that comes with that lifestyle, forming relationships with suppliers/buyers, finding that one supplier that can supply them with enough materials to mass produce at the right price to beat the other guy.  To them, it's as much of a fulfilling experience to interact with others as people get out of doing dungeons all day to get purps, or killing everyone they see.  The way the restrictions are now, there is little to no reason for a gatherer to contact a crafter or vice versa, because the, very sterile, Item Market is the only place to fulfill their needs.  

The price restrictions on the Item Market are of particular irritation.  I can at least see the reasoning (despite me feeling it serves a very narrow purpose) for a max price but the minimum price is ridiculous.

You say "there are plenty of others who like it" but, unfortunately, fail to realize that there are plenty of others who don't like it as if you're opinion of the current trade systems are adequate for a game with a rich gathering/crafting system.

Edited by Diggerton

Posted (edited)

oh yeah i can see how trading consumables can breed gold farming... you know all those 1,000,000 of nothing you can make due to the energy block..

but anyway.. on a more realistic point, you and a buddy work together to get a wild horse while needing to block a horse ninja attempting to take your prize that you have spent 10 ropes trying to get, seams fair that you have to pay 360k to buy it off him......

not saying that horse trade should be a thing, but when you play with mates and cant help each other out as you grow together its not the best...

but hay if the system stays the way it is that's fine..

Would be nice to work together crafting gear due to the massive energy block to hit the NA crafting system that the Koreans rejected..

Edited by Lexxicon

Posted

You say "there are plenty of others who like it" but, unfortunately, fail to realize that there are plenty of others who don't like it as if you're opinion of the current trade systems are adequate for a game with a rich gathering/crafting system.

Dont get me wrong, I realise there are plenty of people who want this to be the same as every other mmo, they have been very vocal about getting it the same, open trade, get an open AH, social trade is critical to our guild and all that because they want to play this very different game the exact same way they have played all the others before it. They want to run guilds the same way they have in every other game. They want to find AH exploits and monopolisations. They do not however, want to see that for the most part, those old models largely fail in maintaining interest for many many players. This is clearly evident by the fact that the longest running mmo's are not driven by particularly great crafting and trading mechanic or by pvp, but by solid (well, mostly solid) PVE content.

On the other hand, I also see the same people defending other aspects of the game, such as openpvp, should be left alone, defending this as "its the way its meant to be" so it really comes down to how people have experienced other games and trying to bring those aspects, good or bad for the game, across to somethign which was trying to break away from this paradigm.

Absolutely I understand craft and trade needs, I have spent a lot of time as a crafter and building trade networks in several other games however, I, like pretty much everyone else here, is looking for something different. Why would we then seek to align that with everything else thats available instead of looking for something rewarding in a new way of doing things.

Posted (edited)

Ok, first of all.

How would not being able to trade inhibit gold sellers? Please, tell me, because I can still see dozens of ways for gold sellers to run rampant.

You speak of "Every other MMO to play" which makes me question even further, why don't they allow us to trade? It's a common staple of all online games, being able to trade. Not being able to trade simply does NOT make sense. It does nothing good for the game, and brings its potential down. 

np trading = no begging

You're kidding, right? You can't honestly believe that can you? Oh, poor, poor child... 

Edited by Sephrinx

Posted (edited)

Ok, first of all.

How would not being able to trade inhibit gold sellers? Please, tell me, because I can still see dozens of ways for gold sellers to run rampant.

You speak of "Every other MMO to play" which makes me question even further, why don't they allow us to trade? It's a common staple of all online games, being able to trade. Not being able to trade simply does NOT make sense. It does nothing good for the game, and brings its potential down. 

You're kidding, right? You can't honestly believe that can you? Oh, poor, poor child... 

What part defies your logic? If you cant give crap to another person how do you expect to trade gold?

And my core focus is not making this like every other mmo. Just about every aspect of this is different, why do so many seek to make it the same, want the same redundant systems to make this game just another redundant platform to explore and do the same crap in. I like the fact that you will need to make your own gear, earn your own coin honestly, trade your way up the ladder just so you can be competitive. I think opening trade just makes this like every other crap game that both you and I have abandoned because they became stale. With innovative and dynamic events and expansion, this game could become a titan that players invest in their toons on every level of the world, not just a 3 month burnout . Thats to good it brings, uniqueness and a need to play every aspect of the game, to build from the ground up your resources and everything you will need.

Edited by ROOSTER

Posted

Being able to trade would not make this game "Like every other mmo."

It would still be totally unique and different. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Dont get me wrong, I realise there are plenty of people who want this to be the same as every other mmo, they have been very vocal about getting it the same, open trade, get an open AH, social trade is critical to our guild and all that because they want to play this very different game the exact same way they have played all the others before it. They want to run guilds the same way they have in every other game. They want to find AH exploits and monopolisations. They do not however, want to see that for the most part, those old models largely fail in maintaining interest for many many players. This is clearly evident by the fact that the longest running mmo's are not driven by particularly great crafting and trading mechanic or by pvp, but by solid (well, mostly solid) PVE content.
On the other hand, I also see the same people defending other aspects of the game, such as openpvp, should be left alone, defending this as "its the way its meant to be" so it really comes down to how people have experienced other games and trying to bring those aspects, good or bad for the game, across to somethign which was trying to break away from this paradigm.

Absolutely I understand craft and trade needs, I have spent a lot of time as a crafter and building trade networks in several other games however, I, like pretty much everyone else here, is looking for something different. Why would we then seek to align that with everything else thats available instead of looking for something rewarding in a new way of doing things.

Because every other MMO has trading isn't a very good reason to not have it in this one. Personally I like the idea of being able to trade things with my friends. Being able to pay players for their assistance in things like protection etc. I can do stuff like this by circumventing the trade system with the marketplace but it is just painful and annoying. 

I'm sorry, but adding the ability to trade isn't going to change the game overmuch and suddenly turn it into "every other MMO out there". 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ok, first of all.

please tell me how you see people selling silver because the only way to actually sell silver is to sell the whole  account you can't trade or mail silver. so please really enlighten me on how you can do this with zero trade zero mail and without selling whole account. What trade potions till you get the ammount you bought? cause thats stupid being able to trade food items is a worthless addition. 

Selling power levels? 
Selling  Accounts?

Selling silver is impossible as stated no mail no trading, you also can't edit the set prices on the auction house must either be between min or max can't be below or above..

Selling Items is impossible/stupid as they are untradeable and have a set price on the AH so you would litter lose Rl money and a lot of Ingame money if you actually bout the item such as a +15 yellow celestial weapon? which is like 60million+ on kr which is honostly not hard to even get 60mill or +15 celestial 

Edited by Ten

Posted

It's a logical fallacy that the longest running MMOs are driven by PvE content.  Eve Online flies right in the face of your assertion.  It is primarily driven by the player driven content, manufacturing, market trading and transport, as well as PvE content.  Most MMOs that are primarily of PvE content actually die off rather quickly as players consume the content faster than the devs can produce meaningful replacements.  Why World of Warcraft continues to survive, I cannot really put my finger on it, but I suspect that it is because they have spent a great deal of time adding and revamping new and old content to fill the bellies of their players.  This along with, still, one of the best combat systems (in terms of fluidity), it has done a fantastic job of retaining players where other MMOs dwindle into insignificance.  PvE content only keeps players interested as long as it is compelling and continuously added, without it, the players leave to the next and newest game.

BDO has a great deal of diversified content but it will be severely hindered by keeping all the social trade interaction out of the equation since, you yourself, have admitted that it is a huge part of crafting and trading.  Much of what makes crafting and trading IS that social interaction and relationship building so when you remove it, you remove a lot of the motivation for the pure crafters/traders to remain in the game.

If you are truly looking for something different then you would want as much diversified content out of a game as possible as history has shown that those games that focus on one aspect of the MMO spectrum fall off the map fast.

2 people like this

Posted

Why World of Warcraft continues to survive, I cannot really put my finger on it, but I suspect that it is because they have spent a great deal of time adding and revamping new and old content to fill the bellies of their players.  This along with, still, one of the best combat systems (in terms of fluidity), it has done a fantastic job of retaining players where other MMOs dwindle into insignificance.  PvE content only keeps players interested as long as it is compelling and continuously added, without it, the players leave to the next and newest game.

WoW pulled off massive numbers because they dumped MILLIONS of dollars into the game, creating an extremely well polished world and they had virtually no competition as their budget dwarfed everything else. They hit the sweet spot for the new generation of gamers who didn't have an MMO to love. Using the success of Warcraft to build onto, they kept dumping millions to churn out new content.

But like all themepark rides, it's gotten stale. Their subscription numbers are still over 5 million, but that's down to pre-Burning Crusade numbers and will probably continue to drop.

Check out the spike for Mists of Pandaria, and how quickly it fell right back down and continued to decline. But the fact is, they retain millions of subscribers because they are riding their momentum, and it's steadily dwindling down.

Posted (edited)

If it's anything like Guild Wars 2, there's probably going to be a "GEM System" which you can convert to currency. Guild Wars 2 Has been very successful it annihilating the RMT by adding a Gem to Gold and Gold to Gem conversion system.

Me personally I don't think it's a wise choice to Ban Gold trading. What if you want to trade gold to your other accounts you own?

*Disclaimer: I don't know the official word on the restrictions. Though I doubt they'd nerf a trade feature that every game has whether it be through mail, person to person, or auction.

Edited by Alicia Melchiott

Posted

It's a logical fallacy that the longest running MMOs are driven by PvE content.  Eve Online flies right in the face of your assertion.  It is primarily driven by the player driven content, manufacturing, market trading and transport, as well as PvE content.  Most MMOs that are primarily of PvE content actually die off rather quickly as players consume the content faster than the devs can produce meaningful replacements.  Why World of Warcraft continues to survive, I cannot really put my finger on it, but I suspect that it is because they have spent a great deal of time adding and revamping new and old content to fill the bellies of their players.  This along with, still, one of the best combat systems (in terms of fluidity), it has done a fantastic job of retaining players where other MMOs dwindle into insignificance.  PvE content only keeps players interested as long as it is compelling and continuously added, without it, the players leave to the next and newest game.

BDO has a great deal of diversified content but it will be severely hindered by keeping all the social trade interaction out of the equation since, you yourself, have admitted that it is a huge part of crafting and trading.  Much of what makes crafting and trading IS that social interaction and relationship building so when you remove it, you remove a lot of the motivation for the pure crafters/traders to remain in the game.

If you are truly looking for something different then you would want as much diversified content out of a game as possible as history has shown that those games that focus on one aspect of the MMO spectrum fall off the map fast.

Could not agree more.  Let people play and enjoy the game in whatever way they choose.  If you don't want to participate in trade, don't.  Why remove one of the fun features of mmo's?  Crafting and trading are staples of the genre.  Allowing free trade does not detract anything from BDO.  Hell, it adds another facet to an already wonderfully complex game. And as for RMT... who gives a damn.  If some chump with more money than sense wants to pay for something they can get in the game for themselves for only the cost of time and effort then let them.  I'll play the game my way, and have a ton of fun regardless.

Posted

I'm really wondering you guys think that no trade includes the auction house cause the more and more I see people on these forums... 

talking about trade being a vital part of crafting when it isn't expesually when there is an auction house... the no trade thing is for No trading gold or transfering gold or weapons of any kind besides the automated auction house pricing. 

Posted

I'm really wondering you guys think that no trade includes the auction house cause the more and more I see people on these forums... 
talking about trade being a vital part of crafting when it isn't expesually when there is an auction house... the no trade thing is for No trading gold or transfering gold or weapons of any kind besides the automated auction house pricing. 

Having set prices in the AH is not free trade.  Let the economy develop on its own.