• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Tired of marketplace snipe bots

222 posts in this topic

Posted

gw got a 'complex' skillsystem making it much harder to program farmbots

monsters in gw requires teamplay to kill.

devs added object in paths to prevent bots simply running from a b c

in bdo the job is already half done with the autopathing.

killing monsters is just  spaming 1 or 2 skills making it very easy for farmbots.....

and still the farmbot works great without any major problems and can handle multiple accounts. you can make it as complex as you want. waste of time and money. bot devs will always find a more or less simple solution. they see it as a challenge, have fun and get a shitload of money for it.

invest in detection and active ingame staff. users need to be afraid of getting permabanned.

Posted

Putting aside the bots, aint latency playing its role here 2?

Posted

After reading this thread I think we can all agree that...

1/ It's clear bots exist to circumvent the Captcha system.

2/ Thus; the Captcha system only serves as a pointless hindrance/delay when trying to buy rare items.

3/ Therefore; Daum/Pearl Abyss should remove it or develop a new system to make things more equal.

4/ Something about Dawkins... wait wha?

Note: Not mentioning latency/server distance etc. which also plays a part.

1 person likes this

Posted

I Agree with the get rid of the caption... I gave up on auction house and been farming my own items.

Posted

just wanted to join the upset gamers vs bots in auction house.. Im refreshing item for weapon stones after notice - 4 times tried to buy today.. refreshing it like once per second by going into item selection and back, once item pops up, the other second i click on its stack, the item is already gone before i even get the captcha screen :P There is really like 2 seconds delay from when the item appear to me and then disappear. I doubt anybody is that fast with captcha and setting amount required (even just clicking on max).

Posted

With a bit of research, i concluded that XINCODE needs a LOT of work, imho. People are blocking it from running properly and communicate adequately with the auth servers, in order to even run bots. No matter what the "safety" in the marketplace will be (like captcha -which has been hacked for nearly 2 decades now- not to mention only 2 digit captcha -which would be like 10^2=100 numbers to even brute force on a 2GHz cpu which is like what, a nanosecond?-), unless XINCODE works propely, no means of anti-bot features can really stand. Maybe extend the Bidding feature to a 15 second period which everyone can bid and either RNG or highest Bidder with like 2-3 rounds of some seconds starting from 50% of the price. Then the buyouts would be at 100% of the price so at least in the end, players would have same RNG chances with bot. And/or on top of that introduce a possibly name-and-shame feature to announce to the bidders or the server who won the rare bid and by how much. Bots would be identified by their amount of aimed biddings/wins sooner or later. Anyway, that is my personal opinion on it. No one has to accept it :P

2 people like this

Posted

I hope they are keeping a close eye on these shards going on sale right now because I have tried to buy just one and the bloody crystal shard is gone before the purchase button even appears for me!

Posted

Here's a genius Idea. I know its hard to fathom.. but why dont you just make it so high end items like

Ancient Magic Crystal: Crimson Flame Power

Livertos, Kazarkas ETC.. Thins of this level...

Make it so that you have to expel a certain amount of ENERGY!

Simply make it cost 150 energy to even buy a high end item from the marketplace and this will surely help lower the botting in my opinion...

Just my 2 cents

Posted

Here's a genius Idea. I know its hard to fathom.. but why dont you just make it so high end items like

Ancient Magic Crystal: Crimson Flame Power

Livertos, Kazarkas ETC.. Thins of this level...

Make it so that you have to expel a certain amount of ENERGY!

Simply make it cost 150 energy to even buy a high end item from the marketplace and this will surely help lower the botting in my opinion...

Just my 2 cents

That's absurd. Its very rare I have over 100 energy considering I'm constantly spending it leveling nodes or doing life skills. Also what about the heavy grinders who have like under 150 energy at max?

Posted

I have been trying to get Red Coral rings for the past few days and it is impossible to understand how they get sniped so quick. As soon as the item appears, it already sold. Fking bots.

Posted

That's absurd. Its very rare I have over 100 energy considering I'm constantly spending it leveling nodes or doing life skills. Also what about the heavy grinders who have like under 150 energy at max?

LOL between 5 different characters total you dont have enough energy for that? If you really have time to expell 5 characters energy consistantly you need to stop spending so much time :P I have 180 energy atm.. that x5 is alot of energy man.. what the hell?

Posted

Please rework the marketpalce. All players got lots of money and cant buy stuff because its autosold once its available. Why can't we set our own price? I don't care if there are bots or we are just to slow because of a higher ping. I can't buy any items and consider the marketplace system as broken.

Posted

Its lag. Me and a few guildies were camping an item, for one of us they could actually do the captcha, on my screen the item showed up grey and already sold, its lag.

Posted

Try sniping a armor reform stone or something that is actually IN HIGH DEMAND.  Watch how quick you cant get it because by the time you hit refresh... its gone.

I sold 25 grade 3 weapon reform stones the other day and I had to wait an hour for all of them to sell. My 25 armor stones took a little less than that but they didn't sell instantly either. Was waiting for them to sell so I could buy relic shards.

Posted

This is how the marketplace looks for me:

I keep spamming refresh but the items are gone before you can click on purchase. Really great how good the system works here! Somtimes im able to click on purchase and enter the captcha but it still fails. When I don't click refresh it also fails:

The system is really broken. Its either the broken servers or people using bots. We really need a fix for this! Just remove the preset price. Why do we even need it? The demand for some items is high and people would pay more money.

3 people like this

Posted

I keep spamming refresh but the items are gone before you can click on purchase. Really great how good the system works here! Somtimes im able to click on purchase and enter the captcha but it still fails. When I don't click refresh it also fails:

The system is really broken. Its either the broken servers or people using bots. We really need a fix for this! Just remove the preset price. Why do we even need it? The demand for some items is high and people would pay more money.

lol back out when bidding is up and go back in ;)

Posted

Same thing has been happening to me.

Posted

Same thing has been happening to me.

You dont know how the auction system works for items with a networth over 3,5 m right? snipe bots are useless for those, as they dont guarantee the actually buy of the item, the only thing they do is BID super fast, but everyone even a slow human can have a good shot of buying high networth items..

Posted (edited)

You dont know how the auction system works for items with a networth over 3,5 m right? snipe bots are useless for those, as they dont guarantee the actually buy of the item, the only thing they do is BID super fast, but everyone even a slow human can have a good shot of buying high networth items..

Pretty sure even a "fast human" is still slower then someone playing Overwatch with a "slow" snipe bot since it takes a nanosecond to purchase an item off the auction house, regardless of how it's handled.

Edited by Farkon

Posted

Pretty sure even a "fast human" is still slower then someone playing Overwatch with a "slow" snipe bot since it takes a nanosecond to purchase an item off the auction house, regardless of how it's handled.

all you need is BID for high networth items, if you can do it in 10 seconds you don't have to care if a bot can bid on it in 0,5 seconds, as you will have the same chance of winning. The real trouble from bots are items that sell for under the 3 m mark.

Posted (edited)

all you need is BID for high networth items, if you can do it in 10 seconds you don't have to care if a bot can bid on it in 0,5 seconds, as you will have the same chance of winning. The real trouble from bots are items that sell for under the 3 m mark.

Obviously not since we're having these problems.

Assuming "BID" is working as intended, there are still problems for items over 3m.

1. A "slow" human doesn't need to do anything when a bot is sniping, unless you can tell me that there's a system in place that lets you buy items while you're sleeping.

2. You can have multiple bots up to bid. More bots means that even if you're waiting at 4am at night to get something, you have almost no chance of getting it.

3. Bots can manipulate the market to buy low and sell high, Rich get richer and poor get poorer.

Edited by Farkon

Posted (edited)

Obviously not since we're having these problems.

Assuming "BID" is working as intended, there are still problems for items over 3m.

1. A "slow" human doesn't need to do anything when a bot is sniping, unless you can tell me that there's a system in place that lets you buy items while you're sleeping.

2. You can have multiple bots up to bid. More bots means that even if you're waiting at 4am at night to get something, you have almost no chance of getting it.

3. Bots can manipulate the market to buy low and sell high, Rich get richer and poor get poorer.

.1 true you can run the bot over night while you are sleeping and it will bid on the item listed.

.2 One person cannot have multiple bots up. However multiple bots can bid on a certain item, decreasing the legit player chance of winning the item.

3. Not really, its ALMOST impossible to do any profit with the 35% tax when it comes to reselling items. The only way do this is by knowing in advance that certain items will raise in price over 35%, like memory shards. You dont need a bot for that tho, you need game knowledge.

I am not saying its perfect, i a m only saying the problem is must worse than the lower bracket item tiers, as a legit player will have almost 0 chance to win against a bot.

Edited by Jiav

Posted

For no other reason but to see if I could last night I ended up winning a Liverto Staff +7. I got it on the second chance, the first I got failed to buy. Please keep in mind I have dyslexia so doing the captcha is a little rough for me. Granted it was 4AM. Maybe the bots had gotten knocked offline or something? No idea. Anyway, still surprised I won the dang thing. Poor Liverto staff, will never be used for anything but CP grinding. 

Posted

You failed the RNG bid..no bots involved there.

When you click buy during the B (bidding) phase, you enter a lottery with everyone else who clicked buy during the bid phase, around 1 minute it lasts. Sometimes there is no winner, and that is how you snipe items. You wait with the capacha entered until the B dissapears and click purchase, then it becomes a latency battle and fastest finger first. This is how I got my Liverto anyway. 

Also you bidding on a +15 Liverto there is sure to be at least 100 people going for that item at the same time. 

1 person likes this

Posted

You failed the RNG bid..no bots involved there.

When you click buy during the B (bidding) phase, you enter a lottery with everyone else who clicked buy during the bid phase, around 1 minute it lasts. Sometimes there is no winner, and that is how you snipe items. You wait with the capacha entered until the B dissapears and click purchase, then it becomes a latency battle and fastest finger first. This is how I got my Liverto anyway. 

Also you bidding on a +15 Liverto there is sure to be at least 100 people going for that item at the same time. 

^ this.  People don't know mechanics and always blame something.

1 person likes this