• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

UI scale way too big; cannot adjust below 140

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I run a triple screen setup and have a native resolution of 3600x1920. before the patch the ui scale was at 100% and ever since the patch i cannot adjust it below 140%. At this huge size the ui looks terrible and it's almost unplayable because my interface won't neatly fit now.

please undo the fact that you cannot change the ui scale below 140% at these resolutions.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I have exactly the same problem, after the update i cannot scale the ui below 140% as it was before. I'm playing with a 2160p resolution so this is a huge issue for me and makes the game really uncomfortable, why was this changed in the first place? With a 100%-200% range it could fit perfectly any resolution and make everyone happy. I even tried changing the ui scale in documents/game option but nothing, it doesn't change ingame. Please fix this.

Edited by Array

Posted

I think this might have to do with the Patch note "User Interface now supports 4K"

Probably a bug that came with it, I do hope they can hotfix it.

Posted

Everyone happy? I'm on 4k and had UI issues, this patch is a God-send.
Then again not everyone has 4k, and not everyone runs 3 screens.
Be patient like me, as I waited on this 4k hotfix :)

Posted (edited)

Well I have no objections to being able to scale up to 200% ui, but I do object to being forced to be stuck at 140% minimum when I didn't have much of an issue at 100% before. Problem with the forced scaling as the set view/camera perspective is now located off the screen so I'm unable to use it along with the ui just looking blurry with it simply blown up rather than properly scaled. Hell its not a game breaker by any means but this with the 30hz bug is very irritating to run this game at 4k. It still looks beautiful though :)

Edited by Megabiv

Posted

Same issue here.  I run 4K on a 40" monitor, I don't need the UI to scale at 140% to make it readable, 100% is perfect.

I found out that you can go windowed mode, set the resolution to 1920x1080, scale back to 100%, then change the resolution back to full 4K and it retains the 100% scale.  Not an ideal solution, but seems to be a workaround for now.

1 person likes this

Posted

Personally I'd like to be able to drop it below 100%. I'm going to try the 1080 workaround when I get home (I don't run 4k, I run at 1920 x 1200 and this bug looks to have affected all non 1080 resolutions).

Posted

Yeah mine at 720p resolution I can't turn the interface scaling up past 90% and it makes the fonts look horrible. 70 is the center and 50 is the lowest. I don't know why they didn't test this and seen how screwed up it was before they released the update

Posted

There's a workaround although it's quite annoying. You have to go into Edit UI and click reset. Now the UI scaling goes back to 100%. The really annoying thing is that any change in the settings screen reverts the scaling back to 140%.

My wife who plays at 1200p does not seem to be affected but I am now since the patch, I'm playing at 2160p (4K 43").

Posted

+1 for fixing/allowing the UI to scale below 140%.  I would like my triple screens to show more of the game, not the UI.

Please fix the UI to be scaled down below 140%, Daum.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0