• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

are you guys using roaring at higher lvls?

21 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm lvl 45 and I feel like its not adequate anymore, The mp consumption is too much, I stand still for too long while enemies hit me, and the dmg isn't as good as it was in lower lvls? Whats your experience on it? I feel like taking it off or just having 1 point in it and use the points elsewhere? whats your take on this or rather how is it for you?

Posted (edited)

I've not used Roar in ages, level 51 right now. I can agree with everything you said. Ball up your enemies if density is high enough, use Bolt/Jolt and animation cancelling, go through them like a hot knife through butter. I put the points in Whiplash and Void Lightning.

Edited by UnRaVeLinG

Posted

1 level in roaring is not going to be a difference, even if you erase it back and into SP...that SP is...minor...

if you maxed roaring...then it's still good, especially that slow, whether you anicancel or not. It does a lot of damage max level, though most enemies stop hitting like a wet noodle and it's insta death if you roar badly (and for monsters that can't be slowed, you're also screwed).

So bascially. Roaring was never a bad skill, enemies just got tougher.

Posted

Seems like it's only useful when riding since you can use it while moving at a reasonable speed while also having the additional defense and evasion from a mount.

Otherwise, the part where you are essentially just standing there defenseless is a big problem with the skill, and many other tamer skills. With the low defense of a tamer, if you stand still for even a second in pvp, you're dead. Meaning that tree climb, roaring, and void lightning all end up being a surefire way to end up dead. The way the tooltip for these skills is stated, they should act as a counter, stun, and guard respectively, but they seemingly do none of this outside of rare, frame perfect circumstances.

Posted

Roaring first lvl only. Being immobile means death or health pot addiction. If you get used to this game style will be hard later to transform.

Posted (edited)

Seems like it's only useful when riding since you can use it while moving at a reasonable speed while also having the additional defense and evasion from a mount.

Otherwise, the part where you are essentially just standing there defenseless is a big problem with the skill, and many other tamer skills. With the low defense of a tamer, if you stand still for even a second in pvp, you're dead. Meaning that tree climb, roaring, and void lightning all end up being a surefire way to end up dead. The way the tooltip for these skills is stated, they should act as a counter, stun, and guard respectively, but they seemingly do none of this outside of rare, frame perfect circumstances.

That's why all the skills you mention have ani-cancels of one form or another.

Complaining about skill animation times is like a valk complaining about being slow. Learn to play~

Edited by Kuu

Posted

Max your Q and bolt and jolt, there is your farming combo above 50. Currently going for 54 

Posted

Max your Q and bolt and jolt, there is your farming combo above 50. Currently going for 54 

While yes, Q is slightly dangerous in Mediah, trample punch punch is still a better long run grind.

Posted (edited)

i use it to a pretty good effect at lvl 51 works pretty good with the knockback from evasive strike, and while they are at a distance you can pop it and they are slowed so long as they are not immune to the snare like effect.

The MP requirement has not been that big of a deal for me, i usually keep 30 mp potions on me and usually by the time im done farming i still have 15-18 left, as i get a lot of mp regen from evasive strike when i hit multiple targets at once and since that is when i am also most likely to use Roar, it works out well.

Also if they are distracted by Heilang and grouped up on it, you can use Roar from a distance if you don't really want to get close for what ever reason, low on health ect.

Edited by WildAce

Posted (edited)

That's why all the skills you mention have ani-cancels of one form or another.

Complaining about skill animation times is like a valk complaining about being slow. Learn to play~

Care to explain beyond just "get gud"?

For roaring, yes, you can cancel the skill after using it, but then you only get a small amount of damage from the large mana cost... Initial explosion, which is 50% in pvp, and 1 of the 8 hits. Meanwhile you're still stationary for that second before canceling it and still lose the full mana cost. Void lightning is a similar situation. You can just tap q instead of holding it for a quick burst, but you are still standing there to be hit freely despite the tool tip saying it is a defensive skill.

Treeclimb has no way to cancel pauses at the point of kicking for a second before kicking away, and has no invincibility tied to it what so ever. It doesn't counter, it doesn't stagger or interrupt an attack, and you can be freely grappled and pounded into the dirt while you do it.

These skills are absent from any of the tutorial combo videos, and most the guides out there say to not even bother with them. Sure, I can spam bolt wave, jolt wave, flash, soaring kick, and just keep doing that rotation until dead. But that isn't very interesting or skillful.

Sorc has a bunch of viable close and mid ranged attacks, with stuns and CC for days. Berserker has grabs and wide swinging strikes. Tamer only has 4 decent combat skills, and a moderately useless pet.

Edited by Burlsol

Posted (edited)

Care to explain beyond just "get gud"?

For roaring, yes, you can cancel the skill after using it, but then you only get a small amount of damage from the large mana cost... Initial explosion, which is 50% in pvp, and 1 of the 8 hits. Meanwhile you're still stationary for that second before canceling it and still lose the full mana cost. Void lightning is a similar situation. You can just tap q instead of holding it for a quick burst, but you are still standing there to be hit freely despite the tool tip saying it is a defensive skill.

Treeclimb has no way to cancel pauses at the point of kicking for a second before kicking away, and has no invincibility tied to it what so ever. It doesn't counter, it doesn't stagger or interrupt an attack, and you can be freely grappled and pounded into the dirt while you do it.

These skills are absent from any of the tutorial combo videos, and most the guides out there say to not even bother with them. Sure, I can spam bolt wave, jolt wave, flash, soaring kick, and just keep doing that rotation until dead. But that isn't very interesting or skillful.

Roar cancel gives you a super slow buff on the opponent, deal with if it's not your thing

Q is cancel many ways including fearful, it's been use, and effective, with the heilang effect.

Tree climb is canceled with hidden claw if you choose to skill in scratch witch does stifness

Edited by Kuu

Posted

lvl 51 now and i get to use it more and more. I use Trample + Roar and i can't be touched like 95% of the times. Ofc you will need to get loads of mana pots but its worth at the end. It's pretty easy to lvl up that way.

19.thumb.jpg.10ac4a9f0c6c13f8102c40bd90e

Posted (edited)

I am currently 54.

• Roaring is incredibly useful as it not only doesn't cost stamina but allows you to regen stamina during it. As you get to tougher mobs, this is important because you will be burning stamina while you dash to each pack, but also Q & B/J & trample combos can burn through your stamina very quickly.
  • If you are in a group with high damage people like rangers where you don't need to worry about maximizing damage output, Roaring is incredibly useful for large amounts of mob control and clumping.
  • For farming Mansha/Catfish/Rhutum/Treants, there is nothing faster than using roar while mounted on pet, trample is also very useful but roar will most likely be your primary skill.
  • Q is incredibly valuable for the mass AOE flinch your pet provides. How you kill mobs at high level is to tap Q to get your pet to start aoeing. And then jump behind the group of mobs and B/J->LMB->B/J->Trample-> repeat. Depending on where you are/gear, this should pretty much melt anything you touch.
  • Tamer is a very MP heavy class, no matter what you are using, you are going to need to spam mana potions. That's basically just how the class works, sorry.

The 2 skills I have not maxed to attempt at high level are Flash combo or Fearful trembling. I am currently working on trembling as I am very curious how the damage output looks while my pet is in Q animation. Since trembling is a skill that doesn't use the pet, if I am allowed to maintain it while he is in Q, it might be incredibly good in pve.

Most importantly Roar is one of the most important skills you have for PVP. Not only is it your longest range skill, but it proves a 30% movement debuff, and does a very large amount of damage over a very large area.

Edited by Varmin

Posted

I don't find enough time in mass PvP to use roaring anymore. It's always Q.

Posted

I don't find enough time in mass PvP to use roaring anymore. It's always Q.

Q is such a small range in comparison and doesn't provide a slow. I mostly use Q to counter grapples/knockdowns and occasionally blocking attacks.

Posted

Q is such a small range in comparison and doesn't provide a slow. I mostly use Q to counter grapples/knockdowns and occasionally blocking attacks.

The stun it gives can be much more useful. If I want a kill on somebody, it will usually grant me a kill fighting light armored people. You can't stay still in mass PvP or you will die.  Quick cast roaring may not be fast enough.

Posted

I am not sure why so many people complain about spamming mana pots; it's not like they cost very much.

Posted (edited)

I only use it when doing mounted combat on the back of Heilang, Shift+Space. I haven't upgraded it though, I prefer Void Lightning as it also grants the Guard/Block. It does have the higher Movement Speed reduction of our skills though, so maybe, just maybe, some day I will invest into it for that purpose.

Edited by Absconditus

Posted

I've stopped using roaring recently as I find the animation lock an issue. Even though you can cancel it has a delay.

But I've found it amazing to use Roaring while mounted... on a horse, not heilang. You can' move, sprint drift while using Roaring. It basically lifts the limitation of the animation lock from the skill.

Posted (edited)

its still usefull when hunting in party as you wont be able to group your mob as its ideal for bolt/jolt and you can use your partymate aggro as cover while spamming roar

Edited by NixZero

Posted

Just so you all know, if you use max roaring you can cancel it using "s" and its practically an aoe %30 movement slow in pvp. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0