• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

GIFT SYSTEM DISABLED???

10 posts in this topic

Posted

So since the start of this game I already fell in love with the Pearl Shop system, I'd buy a few pearls and Gift a few things to someone special.

Now that we got this Kibelius Weapon and Outfit set added I was already trying to gift these to someone, but it turns out they were going to gift me it instead as  surprise ♥

But WHAT IS THIS? 

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/announcement/5-gifting-disabled-schenken-deaktiviert-cadeau-désactivé/

For real? why ruin this feature from the Pearl Shop, it totally makes things odd and boring now, the main reason why I loved Pearl Shop was 

TO GIFT FRIENDS STUFF

Yeah I was thinking in future, every new update possibly.

So according to GM Praballo

"Due to abuse and credit card fraud by third parties (gold sellers and others) we have shut down the gifting feature in our cash shop."

K. completely understandable, system is being abused by players, but why is this affecting me as well? or my friends?

Other MMO's I have been at got their system abused too sometimes, but the answer isn't to DISABLE GIFTING.

I really hope this gets solved on a different way or I'll just stop spending maybe 50% or more on Pearls in a future.

Seriously, no gifts = no point on having cash Shop events at all, think of x-mas, or valentine's, even Halloween etc, etc.

Posted

If you had read on, I believe they said they have disabled it FOR NOW, presuming they are reviewing their options.
TL;dr don't get your panties in a twist.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you had read on, I believe they said they have disabled it FOR NOW, presuming they are reviewing their options.
TL;dr don't get your panties in a twist.

Oh well I've been sad about this information, I really hope you are right, because for real, Cash Shop Gifts are always awesome game experiences.

Thanks for the infos!

Posted

Hm I dont know what the Guys who publish that Game normal do but its looks like they have no exprirince with MMO's. There are always Goldsellers and they will always find a way to abuse the systems of the Game. The Answer from the Publisher is just disabling all.... no trading... and now you cant even gift the Pearl Shop things :/ 

i dont get it they should Ban Goldsellers and there Consumers but waht they do is punish the normal Players :/

1 person likes this

Posted

daum current priority list :

money > bots > players

1 person likes this

Posted

-.- all i can say is "if your friends want stuff they will have  to buy it". dont punish everyone because your friends can't buy stuff themselves and are not good enough friends for you to log on their accounts and fill their perls to the amount you want to give them -.-

Posted

This game does seem to be making it a habit to cure a stubbed toe by amputating the leg. 

2 people like this

Posted

I have to say i am not surprised by this one bit to many people breaking it and instead of burn man power on trying to fix it just turn it off until they can get people to start working on it

This game does seem to be making it a habit to cure a stubbed toe by amputating the leg. 

lol good one

Posted

-.- all i can say is "if your friends want stuff they will have  to buy it". dont punish everyone because your friends can't buy stuff themselves and are not good enough friends for you to log on their accounts and fill their perls to the amount you want to give them -.-

Even if I trust my best friend of 12 years to not do anything with it, I'd still change my password to something else, let him do it, then change my password back. Never know if they accidentally save the password on their web browser, you have a falling out, or their computer gets compromised, you know?

Still, that's definitely something that would fall into a gray area. It's not "trading" accounts, but it is letting someone else have access to your account, and that'd be enough by most MMO TOS agreements to get both your accounts hammered (Theirs because they can log the IP addresses associated to accounts as another way to catch unauthorized activity).

But yeah, I gotta buy a new power supply this month and definitely can't spend more on BDO until I've gotten it replaced. My two best friends were going to buy me a character slot each next time they got $20 of pearls (They each wanted 2 char slots and figured they'd gift me the third and use the leftover 200 pearls on something else).

Hopefully they can find a way to reactivate gifting while still minimizing fraud and gold sellers. I think a lot of that has to do with the prices, and a lot has to do with other business practices related to BDO. People aren't exactly the smartest, so there will always be some success to gold sellers. The best we can do is punish the participants and minimize their access to being able to operate in games, but most importantly without harming the legitimate player's experience.

Posted

Not to mention, it's a gift. I've almost never given someone a gift by telling them about it first, that takes away anything special about it. 

Surprise! Oh, wait, nvm, gotta go this roundabout way that might get us banned and at the least not a secure way instead.