• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Stone golems

66 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I was looking through the DB site and stumbled upon this:

http://bddatabase.net/us/quest/286/3/

Perhaps it explains why these things won't ever be changed?   ...Though typically in RPGs... that "Ascension" moment in your characters narrative is typically supposed to be faced alone.  ...even in MMO's which literally require teaming for pretty much all end game content.   It seems almost Za-Warudo levels of inverting for this game to require Co-Op for this type of character development.  Especially on a class that doesn't even "get good" until after the chain is completed as in it's literally putting the cart before the horse.  If this quest also ends up applying to my Valkyrie, I'm pretty sure I could solo it because I've faced more difficult and frustrating solo challenges being an RPG'er of 20+ years.  But I can 100% sympathize with players who lack my twitchy reflexes and penchant for Masochism

Edited by iller

Posted (edited)

so long since this thread started and still broken... :-(

Edited by Gorbald

Posted

so long since this thread started and still broken... :-(

qq more ? They are like this and they will stay like this forever .

Posted

As a Tamer I can kill them but I spent quite some time dodging them. Powerlvl Helms Golem->Graveyard Golem->Wildernes Golem from easy to hard. You can't mine the Helms one but the Graveyard near the Ancients work. 

The Golems in the Helm area can drop 2 kinds of Amulets so the are KoS :P

I don't know how many of you played MMOs from the beginning but in Everquest was it not uncommon to have some mobs that would be a undercon. The would hide the strength lvl behide the appearance. So I don't mind if we have some mobs in Black Desert that follow this ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

Still broken as of June 12th.

Posted

We have requested clarification from the developers about whether this is a bug or intended.

Best regards,
GM Dew

2 people like this

Posted

The developers have informed us that this is indeed not a bug, and working as intended. The strength of the Stone Golems is the same on the Korean version as well, and the quest is supposed to be done in a party.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted

The developers have informed us that this is indeed not a bug, and working as intended. The strength of the Stone Golems is the same on the Korean version as well, and the quest is supposed to be done in a party.

Best regards,
GM Dew

First of all, thank you for your commitment.

Actually, there's another thing I'd like to ask you on this general topic.
I've heard that in Korea the Mediah Golems are a prime farm spot because they drop the stones required to upgrade your equipment to +16 and beyond (I think they were called Concentrated Magical Black Stones). Can you confirm or deny that these are currently implemented in the loot table of any of these mobs?

Posted

First of all, thank you for your commitment.

Actually, there's another thing I'd like to ask you on this general topic.
I've heard that in Korea the Mediah Golems are a prime farm spot because they drop the stones required to upgrade your equipment to +16 and beyond (I think they were called Concentrated Magical Black Stones). Can you confirm or deny that these are currently implemented in the loot table of any of these mobs?

Unfortunately we will not be able to confirm loot tables from any specific monster or area, as this is one of the things that the developers want to keep hidden from the public, and up to the players to discover on their own.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted

Unfortunately we will not be able to confirm loot tables from any specific monster or area, as this is one of the things that the developers want to keep hidden from the public, and up to the players to discover on their own.

Best regards,
GM Dew

It's kind of funny, I already anticipated an answer like this. 
The secrecy about a lot of content and mechanics in this game is both mildly frustrating and exciting at the same time.

Nonetheless, thank you for the quick reply.

Posted

It needs fixing asap, but the quest give you location in which you can find the golems. The quest shows you a circle that's north of all the others. These golems don't one shot unlike the others. That's how i was able to complete the quest.

Posted (edited)

This quest is absolutely stupid, such a humongous and awkward spike in difficulty.

edit: also could anyone be more descriptive on where the kill-able ones are?

edit again: don't think there are weaker ones, just less clumped ones, watched some youtube videos on it, some very overgeared people found very complicated methods. also tried spamming to form a group for it, seems like no one is interested in killing boss-quality creatures that have no loot...

Edited by Thursday

Posted (edited)

These things are hard but i managed to kill them when i was still a low level and low geared player, just run a lot. :ph34r: 

Also if you get pri+ they are not that hard anymore. :$

Also you only have to kill the spawny thingy, not the mobs itself.

Hopefully that's a new quest or else i missed it . :ph34r:

Edited by DarkBever

Posted

I can farm these no problem now. Buuuuut, I have 303 DP, so there's that.

Posted

i can use basic dodge ability to i-frame the ground smashes. Just takes practice. 

Posted

Did it on my Kunoichi,

Will get 1HKO if I get close, but I could kill them by throwing Kunai at maximum detection range, it took approx 30-45 seconds to kill the Summoning Stone. Golems don't spawn if I did, got knowledge on first kill and killed 3 this way without problems.