• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Two More Skill Bugs - Scars of Dusk and Ground Roar

51 posts in this topic

Posted

I believe is just a bug as many other that were not tested before launching the expansion and we wont see it adressed anytime soon so get used to it

Posted

i noticed that regarding scars and it is severely dissapointing.

but regarding ground roar im pretty sure the tool tip means the skill is usable with your guard up , not that it keeps the guard up while its in use.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Can confirm. Scars of Dusk don't do down attack anymore. Even in PvE. Bleeding effect doesn't apply on downed target as well. Warrior's unimpressive farming ability is now even worse. What the Hell is going on with the class? No comments from DAUM as well. Loving the silent treatment.

P.S. Ground Roar is working as intended as far as I know.

Edited by Swiper

Posted

@CM_Jouska @CM_Tytyes

Can we get a 'Added to list'! :P or a No we nurfed you@

Posted

I hope this bugs will be solved if not i think i will take a long brake till the weapon awakening.....

Posted

It's only bugged in the sense that it doesn't say "Down Attack."  You can still see the double-sized "Critical" text when you use Scars of Dusk on a downed opponent, indicating that it's a critical down attack.  Sorry to ruin your unfounded panic.

Also the bleed only applies on the 3rd hit, which works fine.

Posted

It's only bugged in the sense that it doesn't say "Down Attack."  You can still see the double-sized "Critical" text when you use Scars of Dusk on a downed opponent, indicating that it's a critical down attack.  Sorry to ruin your unfounded panic.

Also the bleed only applies on the 3rd hit, which works fine.

Down Attack and Critical Hit are different attack-states, which, in fact, can both be applied at the same time. I would not confirm the fact that there's no down-attack anymore, if I didn't do less damage with said skill, on the exact same mobs that I used to DOWN ATTACK with it. Sorry to ruin your bullshittery.

1 person likes this

Posted

Down Attack and Critical Hit are different attack-states, which, in fact, can both be applied at the same time. I would not confirm the fact that there's no down-attack anymore, if I didn't do less damage with said skill, on the exact same mobs that I used to DOWN ATTACK with it. Sorry to ruin your bullshittery.

They are different attack states, but when you do a critical down attack compared to a critical attack, the word "Critical" that shows up above the mob you are hitting is double the size and wavey.  It still does that, it works fine.

Also my damage is the same as it was pre-patch.  Keep up the panic, though.

Posted

They are different attack states, but when you do a critical down attack compared to a critical attack, the word "Critical" that shows up above the mob you are hitting is double the size and wavey.  It still does that, it works fine.

When did this happen? it was never like this ... where did you read that large critical means crit+down atk damage?

I guess we are all wrong and you are right ... even when the skill says down attack ... but if your damage is the same ,... not sure how you compare as this happened after mediah and we didnt know what damage we were doing to the new mobs ...

Can confirm. Scars of Dusk don't do down attack anymore. Even in PvE. Bleeding effect doesn't apply on downed target as well. Warrior's unimpressive farming ability is now even worse. What the Hell is going on with the class? No comments from DAUM as well. Loving the silent treatment.

P.S. Ground Roar is working as intended as far as I know.

I honestly cant remember if we had protection from knockbacks during ground roar before the patch ... But i dont remember getting melted while trying to group up mobs. Maybe the new mobs have new skills that over power us but something is different. Also what does it mean "Can be used while on Guard"???

Posted

You can troll some other threads, but you aren't welcome here. Damage is different. Also both "crit" and "down" used to pop up before the last patch. Also, BOTH critical and down attack damage should apply to target, and it even was in KR patch notes back in the day pretty long time ago, when they changed it. Same as both BACK ATTACK and CRITICAL ATTACK apply to your target when critting from behind, with both pop-ups appearing. So no, it's not the panic. It's the statement of the fact. Down attack on Scars of Dusk doesn't work right now.

Posted

Anyone post this in the Bug area yet? Post it there and we can get the page flooded to get it fixed or looked at. In the class forum it doesnt get to the correct people.

Posted

Anyone post this in the Bug area yet? Post it there and we can get the page flooded to get it fixed or looked at. In the class forum it doesnt get to the correct people.

I have 26day old ticket in the support. CMs also greeted me with silent treatment when I tried to get their attention. I won't get into details, but that ticket is pretty important and still not fixed. When I preordered the game I had high hopes for the way DAUM EU handled their community, but disappointment settled in pretty fast, especially considering what we got instead of patch notes with the first patch. I wish I could share your enthusiasm and that of other people that are like "Jousska said it's being looked at, yaaay"..

Posted

i dont consider one post spam ^_^

Posted

Damn someone is trying to be a YouTube star.

Posted (edited)

Warriors are just not meant to PvP until after greatsword

Edited by Solemnace

Posted

Warriors are just not meant to PvP until after greatsword

Lucky this isnt a game centered around pvp past level 50.

Posted

Lucky this isnt a game centered around pvp past level 50.

Lol right? No, but competitive PvP hasn't even been implemented yet, so it's not too bad. Warriors are great for PvE and should spend your time accordingly: Developing skills, laying down the foundation for wealth and gear, dailies, grinding, etc, etc. Tbh I -----ing hate being a warrior atm, but damn it will I make every second I spent leveling my warrior matter.

Posted

Lol right? No, but competitive PvP hasn't even been implemented yet, so it's not too bad. Warriors are great for PvE and should spend your time accordingly: Developing skills, laying down the foundation for wealth and gear, dailies, grinding, etc, etc. Tbh I -----ing hate being a warrior atm, but damn it will I make every second I spent leveling my warrior matter.

I like warriors, it just feels like im 3 levels behind everyone else in power, even on PvE.

All the skills we have are inconvenient, in a game where getting hit always hurts we are a class that proudly gets hit. On my wizard i eat like 20 hp pots an hour, on my warrior i eat anywhere from 100 to 200.

On my wizard i clean everything and have time to spare to loot everything, on my warrior by the time im done with the spawn theres already something else spawning close, so looting is a waste of time. Fix it with pets, i know, but that isnt the point.

On my wizard i have a synergy between skills and can mix and match them depending on what im fighting, on my warrior i use exactly the same 2 skills to kill everything and anything, from level 37 all the way to level 60 its like this.

On my wizard im killing purple "tanky giant" enemies with a single skill, on my warrior i have to round them up and kill them with at least 2 skills, if i see them white or green, reds usually take a bit more. And sure, eventually with a +15 weapon ill be killing them just as fast, but again, its that would be completely missing the point.

Posted

I like warriors, it just feels like im 3 levels behind everyone else in power, even on PvE.

All the skills we have are inconvenient, in a game where getting hit always hurts we are a class that proudly gets hit. On my wizard i eat like 20 hp pots an hour, on my warrior i eat anywhere from 100 to 200.

On my wizard i clean everything and have time to spare to loot everything, on my warrior by the time im done with the spawn theres already something else spawning close, so looting is a waste of time. Fix it with pets, i know, but that isnt the point.

On my wizard i have a synergy between skills and can mix and match them depending on what im fighting, on my warrior i use exactly the same 2 skills to kill everything and anything, from level 37 all the way to level 60 its like this.

On my wizard im killing purple "tanky giant" enemies with a single skill, on my warrior i have to round them up and kill them with at least 2 skills, if i see them white or green, reds usually take a bit more. And sure, eventually with a +15 weapon ill be killing them just as fast, but again, its that would be completely missing the point.

I personally don't have the greatest armor, especially considering that I've moved to Mediah to grind (In the midst of swapping to a Grunil set and going to jump straight to Ultimate) and I have absolutely no problems whatsoever. If you know how to use your guard and evades properly, you shouldn't need more than 5 health pots in an hour as a warrior. - I generally don't use any after an hour and a half of solo grinding at helms, and I've been there since level 51.

Posted

I personally don't have the greatest armor, especially considering that I've moved to Mediah to grind (In the midst of swapping to a Grunil set and going to jump straight to Ultimate) and I have absolutely no problems whatsoever. If you know how to use your guard and evades properly, you shouldn't need more than 5 health pots in an hour as a warrior. - I generally don't use any after an hour and a half of solo grinding at helms, and I've been there since level 51.

I am lvl 53, 108AP/130DP and I'm still having a hard time against those pesky crossbowmen. I'm constantly chugging pots unless I keep evading + blocking which then makes my grinding very slow. At this pace, I will never get a scarla necklace.

What stats do you have and what do you do to deal with them more effectively?

Posted

I am lvl 53, 108AP/130DP and I'm still having a hard time against those pesky crossbowmen. I'm constantly chugging pots unless I keep evading + blocking which then makes my grinding very slow. At this pace, I will never get a scarla necklace.

What stats do you have and what do you do to deal with them more effectively?

Helms have 2 type of mobs ... the easy ones that can be almos t1shoted with scars and the tanky ones ... if you avoid the tanky ones then its easy ... if you dont then to make the farming profitable (not a waste of time) then you need to get hit a bit to kill them faster.

You can avoid getting hit ... like Ground roar scars ... 1-2 spins jump around repeat ... but that takes ages to kill them.

Posted

Hey guys, it seems like this thread has gotten derailed a little bit, but I have some good news.

There were three possible problems with Scars of Dusk after the patch: 

1. The skill was bugged and no longer applying down attack damage on knocked down targets

2. The skill was shadow nerfed intentionally to no longer apply down attack damage

3. There's a display bug where the graphic for 'Down Attack' doesn't show up above the target's head.

After some extensive testing, it appears as though the problem is in fact number 3. I tested using Scars of Dusk on the Sausan Scout mobs at the Garrison in Mediah. When I hit the mobs head on with Scars of Dusk, it took their HP bar down to about 30%. However, when I fist used Chop Kick (low damage) to knock them down, Scars of Dusk either killed them outright or took them down to <5% HP. I varied the positions up over several tries to make sure I wasn't accidentally getting back attack damage, and the results proved true repeatedly.

So this is good news. Scars of Dusk is still apply down attack damage, it just doesn't display over the mobs' heads. If anyone cares to test this for themselves in an effort to refute my claims feel free.

Posted

What? why would i evade? no one else needs to evade, they just murder. I kill stuff slow enough that i have to waste time not hitting?

Posted

What? why would i evade? no one else needs to evade, they just murder. I kill stuff slow enough that i have to waste time not hitting?

Evade meand moving on the back of the mobs for more damage ... so far we use to knockdown the mobs for the scars down extra damage ...

You can always time it and block some hits to regen your WP and then attack again ... if you just wait for block it slows down the killing by alot.

Block and evade mix is the best combo