• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

We need less skimpy female armor in the cash shop.

less skimpy female armor   556 votes

1. 1. ?????

• Yes
    • No
    • i'm a dirty weeb and i'm proud of it
    • more skimpy armor for men

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

200 posts in this topic

Posted

i'm quite frankly bored that every single female costume is sexualized, impractical and unsuitable for combat.

all i want is for my valkyrie to wear an outfit that covers her vital parts and not have her tits bounce freely and her vagina play peek-a-boo with the enemy. why is this so hard to make? not even the in-game armor does this and the character is supposed to be a front-line melee combatant. 

and to be clear, i'm not against hyper-sexualized, high-end prostitute, playboy bunny costumes - if that's what you want your character to wear, all the more power to you. i'm fine with that. 

36 people like this

Posted (edited)

I was going to make a post about this, though probably one exists already.

All the outfits are skimpy.  The recently released "angel" outfit is the skimpiest yet, topping the sorceress' outfit.

I want badass female armor; not the strip show we have now.

Case in point is the $100 pre-order armor.  It's pantless on every female (except the sorc who gets tights, which I don't like either).  I haven't even redeemed it because of it.  That's $30 down the drain.  I'm not going to put it on some male character I don't play, or who I think it looks bad on (Wizard).  God forbid they let each of the base characters on our account redeem it, or it's account transferable or something.. but no.

A Valkyrie basically gets to wear a dress or miniskirt with dress shoes for 90% of their cash outfits, while the ingame armor is all dresses with boots.  Such variety.  I actually like wearing the fishing armor; it looks so in place with the world, unlike everything else.

Edited by DAOWAce
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I disagree. My Sorc needs MORE skimpy goodness! She fights better with less obstructions to her sweet moves. 

2016-03-30_1887046211.JPG

Edited by Ironweaver
5 people like this

Posted

I really want this one for my valk ^_^

xO7uON4.jpg

8 people like this

Posted

Thank you for adding that last option in the poll xD

5 people like this

Posted

I'd like both.

It's difficult and unreasonable to expect them to create new armours altogether (even though less skimpy armours would probably sell like hotcakes, since we're finally getting to a place where practical is sexy in RPGs), but maybe they'd create different options? Let's take the Karlstein (spelling?) outfit, for example. At the moment, all the females have fishnet stockings and panties, with high heels/sneakers (if you're lucky enough to be a tamer) to boot. Why not make it so that there is a "Karlstein (Stockings)" set, and also a "Karlstein (Trousers)" set? You could take the male trousers/boots and slap it on there and bam, happy on both sides.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I really want this one for my valk 

Still unnecessary chest and leg exposure... not to mention it looks pretty similar to the original outfit, just a more "dark" version.

Where's my real armor?  Y'know, like Dark Souls, one of the few games that has functional armor for both genders.

Edited by DAOWAce
3 people like this

Posted

boobs get really sweaty during combat, you gotta air them out :(

10 people like this

Posted

For my witch I would just like a non balloon type robe please.

1 person likes this

Posted

Does such a thing as modesty exist in any Korean MMO?

It's blatantly obvious that all of the female characters in the game are sex objects just like the character designer was designed to exploit that. (Watch the over-exaggerated "jiggle" that occurs when you rotate any female character in the creation  screens)

Creepy old looking men and Japanese Schoolgirl looking women. That's BDO.

The worst part about this is with Daum they have zero real control over the artistic content in the game, even if they wanted to change this stuff do you think they could?

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

boobs get really sweaty during combat, you gotta air them out :(

so does ass and crotch, yet male armor isn't flaunting their junk. :( i'm sensing a bit of a double-standard here by PA. 

The worst part about this is with Daum they have zero real control over the artistic content in the game, even if they wanted to change this stuff do you think they could?

actually what's funny is that back in cbt1 korea, armor actually covered stuff. 

483e57ac5f99febe9183a254ef6813c8.jpg

6zMmEcC.jpg

Edited by airforce1s
2 people like this

Posted

actually what's funny is that back in cbt1 korea, armor actually covered stuff. 

And the game looked better, with a better combat system too.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

And the game looked better, with a better combat system too.

i can't for the life of me figure out why they added all the bullshit they did to the combat. oh wait, direct feedback from daum KR because they wanted to appeal to a larger, more casual audience to milk money from. commence the skimpy outfit milking!

well, who are we to blame them - it clearly works and boy does it work well. i remember when they first opened their cash shop and they had underwear - straight up $2mil worth of sales in the first week.

source: http://www.freemmostation.com/news/black-deserts-cash-shop-makes-nearly-2-million-one-week/

Edited by airforce1s

Posted

I made a post about this too. If they made a very simple underwear that was simply a "cover up" for everything (like a wet suit cut off at the thighs and shoulders that you could dye) it would solve all problems. People who still wanted the sex appeal would be happy and those who don't could buy the wet suit. More money for Daum to boot. Everyone wins. 

1 person likes this

Posted

There was another thread where a poster mentioned this as well, and I agree with it.

Running around in metal underwear is all well and good, but sometimes you want armor that seems like it would actually be armor.

H15Ohl4.jpg

ZCjffvx.jpg

JGtopkD.jpg

Back in ArcheAge one of my purchased costumes was bought for the sole reason of not having such skimpy looking gear.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wouldn't mind new outfits that cover more, I just don't think they should change anything that we have now. 

Posted

I'm also disappointed with the starting outfits we're getting as a Valk myself. Hopefully the variety will get much better but having looked at the Korean costumes I'm not holding my breath. They really should take a page out of Blade and Soul for one. They have a nice variety of fully clothed and sexy.

Posted

lets get some battle armor/outfits, I like the current ones but lets see some more functional looking items.

Posted

I for one literally hate the way my witch looks with her big freaking potato sack of a dress. I say woohoo to these outfits!!!! If I had to wear the potato sack in real life I would die of uglyness 

2016-03-31_18113406.JPG

3 people like this

Posted

Nothing wrong with having both types of outfits, and hopefully KR will make more outfits to your liking.  Big problem is the lack of variety we currently have, and the slow pace they are releasing them at.  Even getting the costume coupon (or whatever it is called) would help.  Some of the costumes you can make in game would make pretty good outfits.

3 people like this

Posted

i'm quite frankly bored that every single female costume is sexualized, impractical and unsuitable for combat.

all i want is for my valkyrie to wear an outfit that covers her vital parts and not have her tits bounce freely and her vagina play peek-a-boo with the enemy. why is this so hard to make? not even the in-game armor does this and the character is supposed to be a front-line melee combatant. 

and to be clear, i'm not against hyper-sexualized, high-end prostitute, playboy bunny costumes - if that's what you want your character to wear, all the more power to you. i'm fine with that. 

Costumes for transgender characters please.

2 people like this

Posted

I'd like both.

It's difficult and unreasonable to expect them to create new armours altogether (even though less skimpy armours would probably sell like hotcakes, since we're finally getting to a place where practical is sexy in RPGs), but maybe they'd create different options? Let's take the Karlstein (spelling?) outfit, for example. At the moment, all the females have fishnet stockings and panties, with high heels/sneakers (if you're lucky enough to be a tamer) to boot. Why not make it so that there is a "Karlstein (Stockings)" set, and also a "Karlstein (Trousers)" set? You could take the male trousers/boots and slap it on there and bam, happy on both sides.

i'd honestly like to see most of the male armor just directly copy-pasted onto the females. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Artistic freedom. If this is how Pearl Abyss wants their genders portrayed in their universe, so be it. 

Mind you http://bdo-fashion.com/ and all of the gender options available. Armored Kunoichi and Chest bearing Berserkers.

This game is also developed in an other country where their culture is drastically different. Google Tifa from FFVIII, days when females just had one option. Sexual. 

The typical standard of genders because this is how they sell to the masses. This is across all mediums. This is because this of how most humans are psychologically / institutionally:
Females: Portrayed as 'sexy' and 'slender'
Males: Portrayed as 'cool' and 'strong'

Only when humanity became highly civilized and set in our 'modern' ways did thinking of ideas such as the portrayal of genders as equal (i.e. a strong cool female) become more of a 'hot topic' to cover in all forms of media. 

I'm not against having more options for both genders in either direction of the spectrum. I just choose to be adult about the topic and ignore the parts that I don't feel cater to my needs and not complain about what currently exists in terms of appearances in the game. I work with what is available. 

In essence. Don't complain about what exists, they are cash shop appearance items meant to make money not to cater to social gender equality ethics. Just focus on trying to ask for armor that portrays X, Y, and Z. i.e. I'd love to see a full set of stylized bulking armor for Valkyrie since they are a front-lines melee concentric class. (Which personally I'd like to have, and see.) 

Edited by REYMOSA
3 people like this

Posted

Just add the bloody costume->outfit token to the shop finally.

I'll be perfectly happy sporting a Gathering, Fishing or even a Crafting outfit on my valkyrie 24/7. Anything that does not make her look like an underpaid fetish hooker at this point...

Posted

One of the reasons I don't play female classes in almost any game is because of the lack of practical armor. I personally think skimpy armor for females and males is stupid as -----. That angel winged trash for males and females is disgusting, but that's my opinion. Like how I think the color blue is the best color in the world. They make money off of the sexy stuff, fine. Perhaps they should add options to the costumes they release. Like how they have a close helmet, open helmet option etc. Maybe these trousers have an A and B option. One has some skin showing so you can see your sexy as ----- lingerie under it and the other covers up the skin. So definitely don't take it away but add a few more options for different tastes.

2 people like this