• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My Gripes With Nodes & Quest Gaps

4 posts in this topic

Posted

NOTE: This comes from my own personal experience in Black Desert Online and it does not speak for all BDO CBT Players. This is how my experience went and I want to make sure that this game becomes as good as it'll possibly get.

Black Desert Online has a lot of stuff crammed into it for an MMO. The combat system has the fluidity that'll bring in people who abhor tab-targeting, the visual integrity to lure graphic junkies, and a very vibrant world with a lot to learn in it (Almost too much if you ask me), but one of the things that honestly made me extremely infuriated was the Node/Worker system.

In Black Desert Online, you come across people known as Node Managers. These people, when interacted with, will give you the lay of the land and access to something called a Node. These Nodes allow you to harvest materials, given that you have a worker or two. There's a very detailed system behind Nodes as well as Housing which feels completely ignored, but I truly enjoy it, as it adds something to do while you're out slaying bad-ass forest creatures. While these are honestly cool as Hell, the idea of Nodes and workers feel like it was skipped over, only for the player to figure it out.

For me, this came from running into the first Work Manager in Veila. I thought for you a second, "Oh, cool. I can buy a worker already? What do they do? How can I use them?" etc. The diversity in workers is interesting, but you need to get a Lodging for them to live in. Easy enough, right? Uh, yeah it is, but the game doesn't tell you how. In simple terms, the way you get your Nodes set up is like so;

Buy Residence (Blue Houses in the main towns(Click on the minimap, you'll know what I mean.))-> Buy until you get a Lodging -> Buy a Worker (10,000 Silver. Aint too tough) -> Discover Node (Make sure it's near the city where you bought your worker or that you have a bunch of Nodes connected from the city to the Node, indicated by little white lines)-> Go to Node Management -> Invest a Contribution Point -> Let your worker gather some stuff

While it may look like a lot, it's relatively simple to do. The only other part that goes along with it is making Beer for your workers to keep them active. For this you need a whole new deal called a Cooking Utensil for your Residence, which will allow you to cook not only Beer, but make Clumps of Sugar to catch Wild Horses. I feel like Houses and Nodes are completely overlooked, and require much more attention than they get. I myself needed to watch roughly 4-5 YouTube videos (Special thanks to Pvt Wiggles for the most informative video I saw on the subject) in order to figure it out, and I feel like all players shouldn't feel the need to go through that

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I won't lie, I couldn't find any information at all to properly set this up for yourself.  I only discovered how to do it by the end and this process eventually leads to making boats which some folks may find important.  I do enjoy finding out these things by yourself but a little introduction shouldn't hurt.

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted

The tutorials were turned off in CBT1 so I hope they will be turned on in CBT2.

This game offers so much but unless players are taught how and what to do then these features will be useless and under utilized.

Posted

This video helped alot.  Was a relatively easy search.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0