• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Problem With BDO's Marketplace- Stop Listing scarce items For Their Minimum Price!

26 posts in this topic

Posted

When you list an item, look at how many past sales there are and how many items are currently listed. If there's a ton sold before but few listed, just list it for max price! You make more money that way! By constantly listing items that are scarce for minimum price the max price stays low for way too long and items are never available for purchase. See the video for the full explanation.

1 person likes this

Posted

Great way to promote inflation, noob.

Posted (edited)

Great way to promote inflation, noob.

In a game where you make several 100k or even millions a day simply by fishing hotspots while market prices are fixed by Lenin 2.0 algorithm? ... no, not rly :/

To answer to the topic, I find it very irritating ppl posting/listing items by several pieces. I had to buy some 100 copper divided into 1-3 pcs to get to 500pcs batch bellow.

With security codes and stuff it is very time consuming stuff, why can't we simply buy which-ever one we want? game is quite commie making us buy only lowest priced at the time.

Edited by Arcticcz
Grammar >.>

Posted

List items at the minimum price. Lower if you can manage it please.

Posted

I always list at lowest price so I can sell it faster and make sure mine gets sold first before others.

2 people like this

Posted

tumblr_mq0rsgrduv1somw7ho6_1280.png

2 people like this

Posted

I always list at lowest price so I can sell it faster and make sure mine gets sold first before others.

I love you and players like you. :x

Posted

>Not wanting to buy cheap stuff

Posted

thanks for the money ranking

Posted

If anything it's annoying that the highest price an item can sell for isn't larger than a 30% margin... meaning prices for an item can only ever go downwards.

Posted

I rather vendor than sell anything dumb cheap to ah. 

Posted

LOL I'll sell stuff for what I want

Posted

I'll undercut you all buy 1 Silver coin!

Posted (edited)

I think there is an upper/lower hard limit to items. Fishing ships are still exactly 1.5mill for max price. Even if people were stupid enough to list for minimum price when there is no supply there surely should have been some movement in the value.

Edited by Kuroshikon

Posted

I'll undercut you all buy 1 Silver coin!

I do the same haha!! But only on items where there are too many, rarer items I usually sell at the max at some point.

Posted

I think there is an upper/lower hard limit to items. 

Correct.

Posted (edited)

From my understanding of the marketplace, no matter whether you set min or max, the prices are determined by supply and demand, so even if I undercut everyone, the only thing happening here is I am selling my product before yours. I am not changing the supply and demand, that is determined by how many items are being sold compared to how many are being bought. If someone has any more knowledge on this.. please do tell.

And just because you dont see an item in the market place does not mean it is not being sold, if it is a highly valued item it will be listed and sold before you'll know it was there. This DOES NOT MEAN, that supply is low!! It only means that the demand is greater.

Edited by mproulx

Posted

Shut up.

Posted (edited)

I agree with OP.

The people that are against maximum price listing are just poor. Git rich scrubs.

(✿◡‿◡)

Edited by Aethernal

Posted

I think there is an upper/lower hard limit to items. Fishing ships are still exactly 1.5mill for max price. Even if people were stupid enough to list for minimum price when there is no supply there surely should have been some movement in the value.

There is, that is correct. However, a lot of items on my server such as rough stone, wheat, potatoes, and logs aren't anywhere near the hard limit, because morons keep listing them for minimum price. The result is that they get sniped instantly and nobody ever lists them because they aren't worth much.

Posted

but when i list them at max they never sell  :P

Posted

but when i list them at max they never sell  :P

Items that are in a surplus like iron ore should be listed for minimum price. Scarce items like wheat, potatoes, etc where there's hardly any listings should be listed for max price.

Posted

Items that are in a surplus like iron ore should be listed for minimum price. Scarce items like wheat, potatoes, etc where there's hardly any listings should be listed for max price.

Wheat and potatoes are scarce? really? Maybe I should put some up :P

Posted

Wheat and potatoes are scarce? really? Maybe I should put some up :P

I was thinking the same, I have so much of both.....

Posted

I've seen people list their shit at minimum price when there wasn't any item available on the market. Instant facedesk.

And I'm sure that's the same guys that wants "player trading" because they can't find what they want on the market...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0