• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Overplaying is destructive

103 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings,

So many people write in forums complaining they are bored of the game or they maxed everything and have nothing else to do.

Well guess what: Videogames isnt your whole life and the moment they will become your life and you play for more than 3 hours per day, you will start a spiral of mental and physical destruction, and of course you will get bored of it pretty fast. A normal day for a normal person should be like this:

8 hours work

8 hours sleep

2 hours videogames

2 hours excersise

4 hours social life.

That way you remain mentally and physically healthy and you ll be playing tha game for months and maybe years.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

thanks dad.

tumblr_mpvrpfdpwb1svaudxo1_500.gif

Edited by I.Am.Avalon

Posted

Thats your opinion and different people have different opinions

Posted

problem is that this game isn't for casuals. You need grind billions gold to be even close to optimal.

And that's actually irony because it's casual that bring 90% cash to this game and majority are casuals.

Posted

Greetings,

So many people write in forums complaining they are bored of the game or they maxed everything and have nothing else to do.

Well guess what: Videogames isnt your whole life and the moment they will become your life and you play for more than 3 hours per day, you will start a spiral of mental and physical destruction, and of course you will get bored of it pretty fast. A normal day for a normal person should be like this:

8 hours work

8 hours sleep

2 hours videogames

2 hours excersise

4 hours social life.

That way you remain mentally and physically healthy and you ll be playing tha game for months and maybe years.

Don't forget to take a break every 30-45 minutes to rest your eyes. The break should be 10-15 minutes long.

Posted

Greetings,

8 hours work

8 hours sleep

2 hours videogames

2 hours excersise

4 hours social life.

timecop.jpg

Posted

8 hours work

3 hours sleep

11 hours videogames

0 hours excercise

2 hours social life

6 people like this

Posted

how many hours per day for masturbate?

Posted

You mean

4 Hour Sleep

20 Hour Grind

1 person likes this

Posted

Thats your opinion and different people have different opinions

some peoples opinion is to do drugs and overdose or slowly kill themselves by smoking. That wont stop anyone logical to say they are low intelligent self destruct idiots. We need objectivity on some things or then anything is allowed because some idiots are delusional.

1 person likes this

Posted

8 hours sleep, 8 hours work,  2-3 hours training, 4 hours video games, 2 hours commuting, 0 hours social life :)

5 people like this

Posted

8 hours sleep, 8 hours work,  2-3 hours training, 4 hours video games, 2 hours commuting, 0 hours social life :)

heyyyyy that's exactly what my schedule looks like!

Posted

Greetings,

8 hours work

8 hours sleep

2 hours videogames

2 hours excersise

4 hours social life.

What the heck is a "normal person"?

Come and take a trip with me to the land of normal and I will show you a vacant land.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Greetings,

8 hours work

8 hours sleep

2 hours videogames

2 hours excersise

4 hours social life.

I respectfully disagree.
And I detest the common concept of normality.

It's a fallacy, and again, respectfully; bullshit.

This is an MMORPG.
You may want to look into the definitions of the term "Social".
Then reevaluate the definition o the term "Life".

Edited by War

Posted

What the heck is a "normal person"?

Come and take a trip with me to the land of normal and I will show you a vacant land.

Vacant because I vanquished all the weirdos :)

Posted (edited)

some peoples opinion is to do drugs and overdose or slowly kill themselves by smoking. That wont stop anyone logical to say they are low intelligent self destruct idiots. We need objectivity on some things or then anything is allowed because some idiots are delusional.

The road to hell is paved with the best intentions. 

Edited by War
1 person likes this

Posted

7 hours sleep

8 hours work

1.5 hours gym

15 minutes family

5 minutes alone time with wife

10 minutes for shower and recovery

7 hours gaming

Posted (edited)

I respectfully disagree.And I detest the common concept of normality.

It's a fallacy, and again, respectfully; bullshit.

This is an MMORPG.You may want to look into the definitions of the term "Social".
Then reevaluate the definition o the term "Life".

There is a different between social life and being social by necessity(work, mmos etc). It doesn't count if you "have to do it"

(Note how work and MMO are same category)

Edited by mproulx

Posted

problem is that this game isn't for casuals. You need grind billions gold to be even close to optimal.

And that's actually irony because it's casual that bring 90% cash to this game and majority are casuals.

Why would casuals want to be optimal, they are casuals.
Sorry.

Posted

Greetings,

8 hours work

8 hours sleep

2 hours videogames

2 hours excersise

4 hours social life.

Op sounds like a poor person. Sleep is only for those who can't afford cocaine.

1 person likes this

Posted

Vacant because I vanquished all the weirdos :)

Thank you for your service!

Posted

Don't forget to take a break every 30-45 minutes to rest your eyes. The break should be 10-15 minutes long.

and video games don't have to be BDO

now we have a conclusion: playing BOD is unhealthy. thanks OP

Posted

There is a different between social life and being social by necessity(work, mmos etc). It doesn't count if you "have to do it"

(Not how work and MMO are same category)

Care to explain? As I'm still a bit lost as to what you're trying to use as grounds.

Posted

7 hours sleep

8 hours work

1.5 hours gym

15 minutes family

5 minutes alone time with wife

10 minutes for shower and recovery

7 hours gaming

Only 5 minutes, i'm in the same boat

Posted (edited)

Care to explain? As I'm still a bit lost as to what you're trying to use as grounds.

I am a bit confused on how you think me playing MMO can equate to a social life when 90% of my time is spent crafting alone.. grinding alone and selling on the marketplace. That is more like my job, any social interaction is out of necessity, therefore not applicable to a social life.

When people speak of social life, it is commonly accepted that this is during activities where people commune in person, as humans should really commune. I do not consider texting, facebook, MMOs social life. It is fictional life and I am content to keep it that way.

Edited by mproulx
1 person likes this