• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Overplaying is destructive

103 posts in this topic

Posted

through that logic, how about we say that all of life as a whole is a gaming experience as well. considering that we life is a game of strategy and planning for future outcomes and potential forks down the road. lol pseudo-intellectuals amuse me.

your one track mind refuses to fathom the fact that a phrase can mean many different things. social life, in this instance, simply means time spent with friends outside of gaming. don't hurt your little brain cell thinking about this one too much, bro. bad times are ahead.

Really comes down to individual experience and methodology.
I treat life like a game, because games are what I take most serious.
This leads to me working 12 hours a day, and making 12 hours a day worth of pay.

No complaints, No excuses, No regrets.
I also don't see how you got that final bit from it but, okay.
These are the types of things I think about quite a bit.
So if you're used to that type of pain from thinking about it yourself(else why would you bring it up ?), you may want to do it more.
Or stop doing it at all.

Either way. Cheers bud.

Posted

Uh no. As a casual I am enjoying this game immensely. I could give a rats ass about min/maxing my character and an even bigger rats ass about PVP.

I was speaking mainly about pvp which this game is marketed as. That's only part where challange is from since pve is brainless as it's too easy.

Posted

Greetings,

So many people write in forums complaining they are bored of the game or they maxed everything and have nothing else to do.

Well guess what: Videogames isnt your whole life and the moment they will become your life and you play for more than 3 hours per day, you will start a spiral of mental and physical destruction, and of course you will get bored of it pretty fast. A normal day for a normal person should be like this:

8 hours work

8 hours sleep

2 hours videogames

2 hours excersise

4 hours social life.

That way you remain mentally and physically healthy and you ll be playing tha game for months and maybe years.

Very Stepford this schedule be.

it's more like 16 hours sleep 14 hours gaming. yes I know the "normal" day has 24 hours but screw that, I made my own calendar.

Posted

Video games are my social life 

2birds1stone

Posted

Why not just sleep less then devote more time to being the best video gamer?

Posted

well, my masturbating is also included with that time

masturbate while running / crafting, it's like you don't want xp....

Posted

problem is that this game isn't for casuals. You need grind billions gold to be even close to optimal.

And that's actually irony because it's casual that bring 90% cash to this game and majority are casuals.

not necessarily, grind is only me cedar if you wish for PVP, it's not that big when you look at the crafting side of things

Posted

11 hours sleep

12 hours gaming.

15 min search for Slavery work..

Posted

mom, more hot pockets

Posted (edited)

Greetings,

So many people write in forums complaining they are bored of the game or they maxed everything and have nothing else to do.

Well guess what: Videogames isnt your whole life and the moment they will become your life and you play for more than 3 hours per day, you will start a spiral of mental and physical destruction, and of course you will get bored of it pretty fast. A normal day for a normal person should be like this:

8 hours work

8 hours sleep

2 hours videogames

2 hours excersise

4 hours social life.

That way you remain mentally and physically healthy and you ll be playing tha game for months and maybe years.

You aren't going to trick me into falling behind YOU n00b! :P

e52961199942922944cf900c14a95465.jpg

Edited by Sunless

Posted

I guess you don't take a shi t

Posted

I don't have a job nor friends. Checkmate, atheists.

Posted

I guess you don't take a shi t

You don't have a laptop?

Posted

Again, why would casuals want to be optimal? They are casuals.Thanks.

Because a casual pvper in WoW who plays say 3 hours a day will spend 90 hours a month PvPing

BDO you can go several days with nothing more than trivial pvp encounters over grind spots, which usually = someones ap/dp crushing someone else.  You could try to dedicate your self to PvP...but that would require probably(im being lenient)5 hours of PvE a day....just to stay competitive.

So basically a casual player who plays 3 hours a day, will spend just as much time honing his skill for pvp in WoW, as a hardcore player in BDO who spends 8 hours a day.

I love BDO, but i wouldnt say the PvP scene leaves much for the room of a "skill cap" as some previous games ive played.  Still its a really fun game

All im saying is i understand what some peoples complaint is, but to be honest, they should probably look elsewhere if they want a game where PvP puts a large emphasis on player talent

Posted

heyyyyy that's exactly what my schedule looks like!

And me. FML.

Posted

how many hours per day for masturbate?

he already said... '2 hours exercise'..

Did I misread that?

Posted

this is what I do

8 hours work

6-8 hours sleep

6-8 hours videogames

1 hour excersise

1 hour social life.

I've been doing this since day one and got my first character to 30.

Posted

this is what I do

8 hours work

6-8 hours sleep

6-8 hours videogames

1 hour excersise

1 hour social life.

6-8 hours a day since day one...got you to 30?!?!

Posted

If you truly enjoy life you don't have time to spend being bitter about how other enjoy theirs. That is a fact.

Posted

we actually have threads like these popping up now? people always find new things to complain about...

let people manage their own time~ it's not like them not having a "normal" time schedule affects your gameplay in any way...

Posted

6-8 hours a day since day one...got you to 30?!?!

Yes

this is what I do

8 hours work

6-8 hours sleep

6-8 hours videogames

1 hour excersise

1 hour social life.

Posted

Well guess what: Videogames isnt your whole life and the moment they will become your life and you play for more than 3 hours per day, you will start a spiral of mental and physical destruction,

As  a psychology student I am asking you for proof of you false  accusations. 
There is no sience hardend proof for: "gaming for 3 hours a day is mentally or physically destructive". as well as telling people how to spend their day  is a bit.. sociopathological.

1 person likes this

Posted

Greetings,

8 hours work

8 hours sleep

2 hours videogames

2 hours excersise

4 hours social life.

uh screw you, 

1. not everyone can sleep 8 hours

2. i get enough exercise at work

3. we are playing an MMO, not everyone is a solo player. some of us have friends who for some reason or another cannot hang out at any time during the week therefore there are chat programs such as skype, ts, vent, mumble, etc.

4. People have differing work schedules. Not all jobs are 9-5.

5.clearly and obvious troll post

6.I definitely don't need to be out of my house to have a social life especially if I don't feel like spending extra money on fun activities.

7. People become bored with the game for various reasons. Even with the expansion you areroighly doing the same thing you were before just in a different area.

8. People who are bored should move on and come back later. Will you be behind? Yes of course but playing a game that is unfun to you is more unhealthy.

Posted

My schedule is as follows

8 hrs sleep

8 hrs work 

8 hrs socializing

8 hrs playing BDO

8 hrs posting schedules on forum.blackdesertonline.com

8 hrs excercise