• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Deputy Token - How to report

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Players are no longer able to report gold sellers and they are finding ways around our chat filters. Attempting to report these chat abusers now requires a "deputy token." There is no information on what this is or how to acquire it. Are there any planned changes to this system? I'd rather burn 30 energy than have to see a wall of "wvvw.goldscam.c0m."

Posted

I agree I would love to know how to get the Deputy Tokens so I can help with the spambots.

Posted

The Deputy Token is a Game Shop Item / Cash Shop Item (informationen is based on bddatabase)
But it isn't obtainable yet as far as I know. It would be really nice if we would get an answer about that.
Wrote a ticket to the support, but yeah that will take 3-X days ^^

Posted

Why an earth would it be a cash shop item to report gold sellers talk about milking the player base of cash dry.

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Why an earth would it be a cash shop item to report gold sellers talk about milking the player base of cash dry.

Probably/hopefully, it costs loyalty points.  But It's an absurd system.  There should be some sort of kickback or bonus for having us buy the token, or Daum will be making us pay to police their game with no reward.  Not thrilled about that prospect.

And, Daum, WTH would you implement a system before everything is in place?  I cannot report spammer due to lack of Deputy Token, but said item isn't in the game yet, so the spammer keeps on spamming.  Way to have all the pieces in play.  *slow clap*

Edited by Yumi Sobakasu
4 people like this

Posted

If i had to guess it will be gifted to specific players in the community that prove their loyalty 

but i think its been implemented to mitigate how many reports they get per day 
id imagine every player on the server reporting a gold spammer will take them a lot longer than 10 minutes to sift through 

Posted

If i had to guess it will be gifted to specific players in the community that prove their loyalty 

but i think its been implemented to mitigate how many reports they get per day 
id imagine every player on the server reporting a gold spammer will take them a lot longer than 10 minutes to sift through 

But that's an easy solution a programmer could whip up in a couple days, or a week if he went the super GUI/flashy route.

Show the person being reported, and then number of reports.  Hell, they could even show have an expandable list to show each spam in question, and the number of reports for each spam.  Then whoever the admins/GMs are, give them controls from the software to character/account ban straight from there.

1 person likes this

Posted

Time to move to another game. 

Posted

Time to move to another game. 

Because they are improving chat? lol.

Posted

In lieu of spam reporting, just use the new Chat Filters and add all the expressions that you'd find in a spam message.  In the OP's example, add "goldscam." and be done with it.

Posted

given the comments here and the likely uselessness of the tokens ... it looks like using filters is the way to go ... 

/shrugs so much for reducing spam to people in general ... it only blocks what you see yourself ... 

Posted

so in mean time were gonna get whisper spammers and we cant report them i hate gold spammers as is yet cant report them when they whispers you spam today i got 3 whispers and can't do a darn thing about it witch sucks  and i'm not paying for this option to report these dam spammers.

Posted

Would it be that hard to just remove chat ban privileges for those who abuse the system (and no I don't me those who report every single gold spammer because that should be encouraged)? I honestly don't care anymore since I have not looked at channel chat or anything but guild chat in more than a week but I know a lot of people do want to have a spam-free chat room. What about limit the number of reports a day and increase them as they successfully ban gold spammers or whoever else I guess falls under a bannable offense and say after a prolonged amount of time they can have no limit? 

Posted

This is kind of ridiculous. I just got a spam whisper and I can't even report it? How nuts is that.

I could get having to use a token to report someone whose in some sort of public channel, but private channels and tells shouldn't require it - especially if it's something from the cash shop, regardless of whether it's Loyalties or Pearls.

Really, we shouldn't have to pay to report spammers at all. This is just..ridiculous.

1 person likes this

Posted

Because they are improving chat? lol.

You're right, that would be silly. Although i'm not sure why you would say that since thats not what is happening here. Making it HARDER to report SPAMMERS doesn't improve chat. At all. If anything it makes it worse.

Even loyalty tokens would be a rip. Maybe if they worked LIKE loyalty tokens, get x amount a day after reaching some sort of level.

Posted

They are most likely going to appointed in game moderators.  Yet if they were to sell them in cash shop i'd buy one to help remove the spam.   I would see if someone buys a token and uses it on bad terms their account should be perm banned.    So on the cash shop hand, who would waste money on a token just to get their own account banned by trying to ban others.  Losing the whole account with no mercy

Posted (edited)

I'm amazed that they haven't dealt with this issue yet.
I understand charging energy for reporting, if there's no cost then the admins would get swamped with false reports and that's no good for anybody. But I'm currently sitting in the middle of Heidel looking at a character with an obviously generated name, jumping up and down while entering the same wall of text every 2 seconds. They are selling Daum's property for their own gain and not only does Daum seem to not give a crap about it, but they've taken away my ability to help promote the health of the game's community. And now they're wanting me to pay them for the privilege of doing their police work for them? Talk about spitting on your customers. This is a significant failure by the developer not only in protecting their IP and validating their TOS, but in protecting the health of the game and the player experience.

At the very least they should maintain the old reporting system until they can fully deploy a different one. At this point I've just made my chat window so small that it's unusable. So much for the game being a social MMO...

Edited by Anapathy
Just in case the devs want to know, the spammer I'm looking at is Last, First: Bkmtmwkpogai, Qnjwmknmgev

Posted

Wut? Pay to report? xD

P2R!!!!!

Posted

I'd say "Thank goodness for the filter feature" but it's pretty much worthless nsince scammers left Channel chat. I even cleared the filter and only saw it pop up in General chat, which nobody uses unless on accident. Maybe this was what Daum is going for?

Posted (edited)

Korean MMO, likely the spammers are paying Daum a fee to allow them to spam, which would be why we arnt aloud to report them.

Korean MMO company's are well known for being shady and it wouldn't surprise me one bit for that to be whats happening here.

It just doesn't make sense to not allow players to report unless they were profiting, and considering what cash grab everything in this game appears to be, it wouldn't surprise me at all. 

Buuut thats me being jaded, prove me wrong please Duam.

Still, at least its nowhere near as bad as Blade and Soul, NCsoft is really the scummiest of the scum when it comes to milking its player base and lack of respect for their customer base.

Edited by Sililos

Posted

So almost a year later, where is this system?  Where are these so-called deputy tokens?

Posted

So almost a year later, where is this system?  Where are these so-called deputy tokens?

Good question. I had to look up why, when trying to report a spammer, I just get "There is no item".