• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Daum - why don't you want me to buy your outfits?

Daum - why don't you want me to buy your outfits?   325 votes

1. 1. How should outfits be handled?

• Same price - but unlock for all characters
    • Lower price - buy one outfit per character
    • Current system is fine in my opinion

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

85 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

this is not the game, it's the optional cash-shop.when you want to discuss the game, discuss the actual game.

This can't be true. This game couldn't exist without the cash shop. I'd go even further and state that the whole point of this game even existing is so people can cash shop. Game isn't complete without it. (some would argue the game is still incomplete regardless - but that's a whole 'nother discussion)

Edited by HypertensiveCrisis
edits

Posted

This can't be true. This game couldn't exist without the cash shop. I'd go even further and state that the whole point of this game even existing is so people can cash shop. Game isn't complete without it. (some would argue the game is still incomplete regardless - but that's a whole 'nother discussion)

lol

Posted

As a nobody who cares about outfits unless it gives special bonuses I want, I would probably buy more outfits if it unlocked for all characters on my account.

Posted

They can not unlock costumes for other classes because some costumes doesn't have counterpart. Only option is lower the price.

This.

If I buy a costume for my Human Warrior, how would that transfer to other races when no other race can be a Warrior?

Posted

This.

If I buy a costume for my Human Warrior, how would that transfer to other races when no other race can be a Warrior?

Every class has the Karlstein, for exemple.
Only a few costumes are class specific

Back to the subject : I was myself told that the CS prices would be cheap during Paris Games Week presentation (I helped show the game at the convention.)
I feel like I was told to blatantly lie to all the people I "sold" the game to. I was also told that there would be no Pay to Win whatsoever.
In the end, we have 30€ costumes with stats on them.
You could say "it's only XP, stamina and durability things", and I would say : stamina is super important in PvP, so there's that. Then XP wouldn't be a matter ONLY if the game was hard capped, but it isn't, and levels are super important in PvP as well.

Then again, on the price itself : 30€ for a single costume you can use only on ONE character on ONE server is far too much. From a marketing / sales point of view, this kind of price tag doesn't make any sense, as it's a price where people really start to thing about whether they should buy the thing or not (and most of the time, they then think that it's not)
A 5 to 10€ price tag, as it should have been from the start for a one character only costume, is a price that actually makes sense : It's the price range of compulsory buy. It's the range where you don't really think about your spending, and just buy the thing.
How many of you have bought steam games at 5€ and never even played them ? Yeah, thought so.

Apart from conqueror pack skins, i'm not seeing that much costumes around. The vast majority of the players haven't bought costumes, and I bet it's because of the price tag that is just too high.

Prices are too high and aimed at the most hardcore players, the vast majority of the player base seem to not buy them
Hardcore players are the most volatile player base, and you should never place your income bets on them alone.

TL;DR : Lower prices > A lot more compulsory sells
I'd be voting for really low prices or a tad lower server wide prices.

Posted

I just have a hard time justifying the costume and its meager bonus being the same price I paid for the game. If they were 10-15 bucks I'd probably get one for all my alts and multiple when blader comes out for it. They're selling fine though so there's no incentive for a business to lower prices without a study proving they can make more by lowering the prices.

Posted

the only person whining is the OP

....? do you not read what you type?

Posted (edited)

Wheres the $15 for multi class costumes, $10 for specific class option? 

Edited by ECHOxLegend

Posted

omg, stop making more threads about this. Nobody cares

Speak for yourself

the only person whining is the OP

Nope, it's you

If you wanted to see what people think, then go read the other threads. Again, learn to search.

Are you a mod? No stop policing the forums; it's not your job.

Posted

I don't mind the prices as they are however it would be cool if all alts could wear the same outfit but yeah, I'm fine with whatever <3