• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Your Dye System is HORRIBLE

51 posts in this topic

Posted

I know you're doing it only so you can drown yourselves in money. I've seen people brag about the $300 they've dropped on dyes just to make their characters outfit perfect. But seriously, we can't all afford that. Even the randomization is shitty. Opening Violet boxes I get reds, opening Blue gives me a black or purple color.  What if I want to make my characters outfit all red? Drop $100 on boxes to get some Okay-ish mix of red dyes and throw them together? I think I could deal with the RGN system, if I got to Permanently keep all the dyes I get, and sell the doubles on the marketplace. You could even make it X pearls to reuse said dye if you're that concerned about raking in money.  But as it is now, the system is absolutely horrible. We already paid for the game, unlike the Korean and RU one. This is a bit much. 

I feel like we need to keep complaining here so they get the message. What are your guys thoughts? 

19 people like this

Posted

Yeah the way they implemented it is pretty bad.
GW2 had it right. You buy it, you own it.
I wanted to spend money on Dyes like I did i GW2, but not going to spend a penny on this RNG nonsense.
It is almost impossible to dye an outfit with matching colors.

I am willing to spend 10 Euros a month just to rent the entire selection of dyes so I can use the colors I need.
But as it is now, I am not spending any money on it.

7 people like this

Posted

it truly is. not going to use it before they fix it -.-

the stupid thing is that they should just allow you to dye then say "buy dye" and that should be it... its simple just idiotic as it is now.

Yeah the way they implemented it is pretty bad.
GW2 had it right. You buy it, you own it.
I wanted to spend money on Dyes like I did i GW2, but not going to spend a penny on this RNG nonsense.
It is almost impossible to dye an outfit with matching colors.

I am willing to spend 10 Euros a month just to rent the entire selection of dyes so I can use the colors I need.
But as it is now, I am not spending any money on it.

GW2 got some of the best dye systems :)

however DCUO got the BEST without a doubt system when it comes to customizing your characters armour gear ^^ that was incredible, damn i spend hours in that :P

Posted

^^ Yeah Daum doesn't get the EU/NA players don't like this RNG bullsh:t, maybe Koreans like gambling in everything they do, but we don't.
I don't mind spending 30 Euros for a costume (I bought already 2), because I know it's how they make money.
But if they had a RNG system on the costumes, where you get random piece of armor I wouldn't have bought any........just think about it, wouldn't this look ridiculous?
Well the Dye system is just that........ridiculous.

3 people like this

Posted

Pretty sure CMs are being ordered to ignore these. You have plenty of morons spending money on it and if it's profitable to Daum, that's all they care about. That idiotic dye subscription will be even worse. 

Who the ----- buys a subscription for dye? Lmao

1 person likes this

Posted

Pretty sure CMs are being ordered to ignore these. You have plenty of morons spending money on it and if it's profitable to Daum, that's all they care about. That idiotic dye subscription will be even worse. 

Who the ----- buys a subscription for dye? Lmao

What's so idiotic about?
Who buys tickets for the Dye lottery?
I find this more stupid paying for something without knowing what you are getting for sure, at least with a sub you know what you are getting.

The subscription idea is a compromise, since the reason why Daum won't let you buy the dye permanently (which is the best deal for us players) is because once you bought the colors you like you'd stop buying more, with the subscription model you still have to spend money on a regular basis if you want to keep your costume dyed, so they can keep making money out of it.
Again not best deal for us, but a sort of acceptable compromise.

Posted

The subscription I can understand and hope it comes sooner than later. The current dye system, though? Awful. Bring back the in-game vendors and make premium dyes tradeable+permanent at the very least.

Posted (edited)

The subscription I can understand and hope it comes sooner than later. The current dye system, though? Awful. Bring back the in-game vendors and make premium dyes tradeable+permanent at the very least.

I will never support a game that ask for dying my character to :

- pay a subcription

- play  lottery

- give unheard amount of money.

Edited by papry
1 person likes this

Posted

Then don't?

Posted

> bought dyes

> got a nice one I want to color the feathered parts of my armor with

> can only dye 1 part

> spent more money on dyes

> didn't get desired color

> suicide inevitable

Posted (edited)

Then don't?

Did I say that I did ? I don't think so.

So I'm playing the game & they dont get one penny from me plus I'm actively warning everyone I know to not get on that road.

I know a lot of person that won't play that game because of this cashshop.

Edited by papry

Posted

I'm kinda okay with how the dye system is at the moment, except for the fact that you can't recycle your dyes in any way when you try to upgrade. Not only upgrading to a completely new armor set, but even upgrading your existing armors to their blue variants will cause them to lose dyes (why???). If it were a F2P game, then maybe I'd understand, but not for this B2P model.

Posted

^^ Yeah Daum doesn't get the EU/NA players don't like this RNG bullsh:t, maybe Koreans like gambling in everything they do, but we don't.

It's not that they like gambling, it's that the game is a f2p mmo so that is how it was funded.  It was intended to be f2p when brought over here too, just like in KR/RUS, but Daum figured "hey, why not make $50 from the get-go by charging an access fee," but then also decided to keep the cash shop with all the rng and overpriced cosmetics because hey, it's more cash in their pockets.  To think Daum actually cares about any pearl shop recommendations is most likely naivete and idealism, and nothing more.  From what I can gather, unless you get an almost server-wide or game-wide boycott of the pearl shop/daum cash, they're probably not going to change a thing.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, I've been psyched since the first details popped up in KR, and I wanted to give Daum the benefit of the doubt when I started playing and saw all the f2p practices after paying $50 to play, but it's quickly becoming apparent, from everyone's horror stories and the consistent lack of commentary on the frequent/common complaints/suggestions, exactly what kind of company Daum is, and exactly how much they care about the playerbase in general.  And it's a shame, if this is really how they are.

Posted

> bought dyes

> got a nice one I want to color the feathered parts of my armor with

> can only dye 1 part

> suicide inevitable

You make this forum so much more entertaining ^_^ 

Posted

You make this forum so much more entertaining ^_^ 

Oh, stop it you!

1400057720896.gif

Posted

I'll be honest. I haven't used the dye system yet. Mainly because of what I've read of it on the forums. I do have dyes, but honestly have no clue where or how I got them. ..I assume it was a bonus from something I received on achievements, or a bonus on something I purchased on the market. ....either way even those have just sat there in my bags.  I'd like to dye my stuff, but until I have the time to use the dyes I have (and hopefully option to keep the color), or see some adjustments based on what I"m seeing on the forums, I have little intentions of exploring the dye system. 

I have no desire to use a system if it is a one time usage (again, from the posts that is what I"m understanding), and I will not pay a monthly fee for access to a dye table. ...that just seems silly to me. If you want to do some sort of monthly premium membership that includes access to dyes as a benefit, I might would consider it, but because of the approach you guys took to market to begin with, I'm not sure how you could justify that to your customer base without causing problems. 

I'll probably try to experiment with some of the dyes I've gotten somehow this weekend so I have a better grasp of it, but unless I'm misunderstanding some of these posts, I'll probably be staying away from it until it gets tweaked.

Posted

I don't like the sub idea.  Once I buy something, I want it unlocked, for my entire account, forever.  I'm not renting dye, I'm purchasing dye. 

Guild Wars 2 has a system that should, indeed, be copied.  Offer more costume options cheaper, it will more than compensate for allowing people to unlock dyes one time, forever.

1 person likes this

Posted

Posted

I would never pay a monthly fee just to dye my stuff. It's like WoW subscription fee all -----ing over again. 

The best part is Japan version is free to play, and everything in the cash shop is HALF the amount or more than what it is in any other shop. And you know what? They make a shit ton of money off of it, because cheaper sells more! 

2 people like this

Posted

It's also an ethically questionable business model.

It's a skinner box. There's nothing "fun" about buying dyes or getting colours you don't want. The idea that they're still useable, so no one loses is absurd because if you're trying to dye something, you have SOME sort of aesthetic in mind. So all those colours you get are useless. Than you finally get the colour you want. For ONE part. So that colour becomes even more important, and you don't get it again, but you're motivated to try and get it to finish the outfit. 

I know what colours I want (at least vaguely), so I won't be using this system to get them. There's too many other things I want to buy to waste money gambling on dyes for such minimal reward.

Posted

1. All basic dyes are free of use.

2. Certain special dyes can be attained through RNG cash shop and be permanently added to your entire account. (Or at least add 5 or 10 uses of the dye).

3. Some dyes should exist as very rare loot that you can sell through market if you want.

Posted

I would never pay a monthly fee just to dye my stuff. It's like WoW subscription fee all -----ing over again. 

The best part is Japan version is free to play, and everything in the cash shop is HALF the amount or more than what it is in any other shop. And you know what? They make a shit ton of money off of it, because cheaper sells more! 

And i bet you can trade cash shop items ? My god, we have the worst version of the game again. 

Posted

I've seen people brag about the $300 they've dropped on dyes just to make their characters outfit perfect. But seriously, we can't all afford that. 

If you can't afford it, you're not their target group.

They're targeting French, Germans and rich US people. All rest of us might as well move or quit. I live in Eastern EU and I have to work 8h a day for 3-4 days to buy 1 costume, obviously not going to do that. We're just not the audience they want to appeal to, they don't care wether we'll buy stuff or not either since all the whales are dropping thousands of USD/euro into this rng nonsense.

They won't change the system, it earns them too much money.

Posted (edited)

If you can't afford it, you're not their target group.

They're targeting French, Germans and rich US people. All rest of us might as well move or quit. I live in Eastern EU and I have to work 8h a day for 3-4 days to buy 1 costume, obviously not going to do that. We're just not the audience they want to appeal to, they don't care wether we'll buy stuff or not either since all the whales are dropping thousands of USD/euro into this rng nonsense.

They won't change the system, it earns them too much money.

xD

Trust me,  French won't buy as these price either.

Edited by papry

Posted

xD

Trust me,  French won't buy as these price either.

I hope so. xD

I just buy dyes with loyalties and saving them up until Black Friday. They have to make a sale on costumes then.