• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PSA: Daum is aware that outfits are expensive but will not lower prices. End of discussion.

193 posts in this topic

Posted

-‘바이 투 플레이’라는 진입 장벽이 있음에도 불구하고 여전히 많은 유저들이 게임패스를 구매하고 있다. 또한, 캐시샵 아이템 가격이 비교적 높은 편인데, 이런 캐시 아이템에서도 많은 매출이 나오고 있다. 이런 것을 보고 지금의 트렌드가 적어도 올해에는 계속 유지될 것이라고 확신하고 있다.

While the game is “buy to play,” many users are still purchasing game pass. Furthermore, even though cash items are relatively expensive, we are maintaining large revenue and we predict that current trend will last until end of this year.

TL;DR: Daum will not make costumes cheaper. They are swimming in money from whales buying both sets of Kibelius outfits for one character and spending hundreds on the dye system. They are aware that it is expensive and they have no intention to change it.

While I agree that costumes are overpriced, I don't think any amount of discussion will ever bring about change when Daum is making money anyway. Therefore it is pointless to talk about it any further. 

11 people like this

Posted

The only way for them to change is if people altogether would just stop buying pearl. Lol thats not gonna happen. Way to many fanboys that will pearl regardless lol

14 people like this

Posted

That's what I've been saying. 

Posted

Just like Nexon America!

14 people like this

Posted (edited)

I am just glad the company selling the items acknowledges they are "relatively expensive", so I can ignore any more "it is the same price as every other cash shop!!!!"

Edited by kirsch
2 people like this

Posted

Dont be surprise if the future expansions become b2p.

Moby-Dick-610.thumb.jpg.dccd6954df6db698

23 people like this

Posted

Yeah, they're whaling. And like most whales, our whales just can't help themselves and are easily taken advantage of by people with few scruples.

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

So people complain if its Play to win,   and then complain to pay for costumes.    I bought every costume for my tamer among other items.   Maybe people should quit wanting things and work towards a better job to afford the item.

and speaking of b2p expansions.  I hope they do make buy to pay for future expansions.  Ones that will not be connected to current world chats also.  That will not allow access with the 7 day keys.

no.jpg

Edited by WebKnight
5 people like this

Posted

Is it possible that the "whales" also known as people that can/have bought costumes are the actual majority and not the other way around...?

Note: I only have what came with Conqueror's and wouldn't really call myself a whale =z

2 people like this

Posted

TL;DR: Daum will not make costumes cheaper. They are swimming in money from whales buying both sets of Kibelius outfits for one character and spending hundreds on the dye system. They are aware that it is expensive and they have no intention to change it.

While I agree that costumes are overpriced, I don't think any amount of discussion will ever bring about change when Daum is making money anyway. Therefore it is pointless to talk about it any further. 

This is odd as -----, but what anime is your profile pic?

Posted

So people complain if its Play to win,   and then complain to pay for costumes.    I bought every costume for my tamer among other items.   Maybe people should quit wanting things and work towards a better job to afford the item.

and speaking of b2p expansions.  I hope they do make buy to pay for future expansions.  Ones that will not be connected to current world chats also.  That will not allow access with the 7 day keys.

no.jpg

I expected a pathetic comment about not having or not having a good enough job would come up. Was not disappointed.

9 people like this

Posted

I expected a pathetic comment about not having or not having a good enough job would come up. Was not disappointed.

So its pathetic to have a job and earn things instead of having them handed to you?  Gotcha.

1 person likes this

Posted

yep i dont care either. spent more  tera/swtor

03/30/16 11:18
3000 Daum Cash
$ 30.00
Successful

03/24/16 11:16
10000 Daum Cash
$ 100.00
Successful

03/22/16 15:53
3000 Daum Cash
$ 30.00
Successful

03/14/16 17:53
6000 Daum Cash
$ 60.00
Successful

03/10/16 11:34
6000 Daum Cash
$ 60.00
Successful

03/04/16 05:49
6000 Daum Cash
$ 60.00
Successful

03/03/16 21:03
2000 Daum Cash
$ 20.00
Successful

03/03/16 17:13
3000 Daum Cash
$ 30.00
Successful

4 people like this

Posted

If it keeps dye as the only item in gamble boxes and no selling cash hop items on the marketplace, fine with me.

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah, they're whaling. And like most whales, our whales just can't help themselves and are easily taken advantage of by people with few scruples.

Where the hell did this term "whale" (in this context) come from anyway, I can't recall seeing it in any of the other places I visit online. Is it a new thing? A game specific thing?

Posted

So its pathetic to have a job and earn things instead of having them handed to you?  Gotcha.

Your funny. It's pathetic that people like you always assumes people who complain about the CS prices do not have a job or do not have a good enough job. When the fact of the matter is that those people (myself included) see spending that much money on 1 character bound outfit is way overpriced and a waste of money. 

14 people like this

Posted

Dont be surprise if the future expansions become b2p.

Moby-Dick-610.thumb.jpg.dccd6954df6db698

Yes, but if they keep that up, sooner rather than later, whales become extinct.

2 people like this

Posted

Your funny. It's pathetic that people like you always assumes people who complain about the CS prices do not have a job or do not have a good enough job. When the fact of the matter is that those people (myself included) see spending that much money on 1 character bound outfit is way overpriced and a waste of money. 

people need to find ways to justify their foolish spending habits on overpriced virtual goods, so they say it's fine because they have a job. 

4 people like this

Posted

This is not dprk and you can't stop people from speaking their mind.

Posted

so anyone wanna compare bank statements or something, or can we all stop ousting anyone who refuses to buy into the cash shop on principle as poor?

12 people like this

Posted

마음속에 찰랑이는 맑고 고운 말 두마디

씨발...

Posted

Cash shop purchasers are the ones supporting the game.  So more respect for our foolish purchases then ~

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I agree...should lock, block, and glock all dupe threads.

But then peeps would whine about heavy censorship.lol

Edited by Andaro

Posted

Cash shop purchasers are the ones supporting the game.  So more respect for our foolish purchases then ~

Outfits at 15 a pop would be plenty to support the game. Don't fool yourself.

7 people like this