• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

BDO is Pay2win

147 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys, just wanted to give my take on if BDO is pay2win. IMO it is. You pretty much have to buy things to compete at the highest level. You just do.

But with that said, you can buy everything you need for like $150, and when you think about how much the majority of people play, is $150 a lot? No, I would say even at $150 you're getting way more than your entertainment value. If I go to the theatre with my wife, easily $40 atleast. That's for a few hours.

I play a few hours about 5 or so days a week. After a month that puts me at like 60 hours. That's $2.50 an hour. Where else are you going to find entertainment at such a low cost? If I want to go golfing, looking at like 70-80 bucks, for 4 hours. About $20 an hour.

So yes, BDO is pay to win. You need the things only offered in the cash shop to compete, but it's so worth the money. $150 for how many hours of entertainment? It's a bargain.

Posted

ohhh nooo

1 person likes this

Posted

...Can you provide a bit more information for your argument?
I would like to argue this point that it is Pay2gress, not Pay2win to be honest. I tend to buy my entertainment with my Gamecube and doing indoor stuff - Free things, y'know?
Only thing I really dump cash on is food and games I think deserve my money. 

Posted

Don't need anything from cash shop to compete, just need to give up on your friends, family and your job

10 people like this

Posted

If you want to compete with the top echelon of players, goodluck doing it without a costume, LT limit, 3x pets, and a guillie+ others that I am forgetting. You need these things.

But once you get what you need you're set. It's almost like the game itself is just $150-200. For a game that you get how many hours from? It's completely reasonable.

Posted

wat

Posted

The only thing that actually does anything decent is the item to revive at location and the fish suit that hides name.

Posted

pearl_acc.png

10 people like this

Posted

Don't need anything from cash shop to compete, just need to give up on your friends, family and your job

Even then, people do that but then also buy everything you need from the cashshop. You're at a disadvantage if you don't.

You won't be a top player if you don't. Period.

3 people like this

Posted

Blah blah

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0pmjUI36zVcGcdeCYxn6

1 person likes this

Posted

They snuck in some very slight P2W stuff and then tried to put in some counter measures but lets be honest.. it can only get worse.

2 people like this

Posted

Even then, people do that but then also buy everything you need from the cashshop. You're at a disadvantage if you don't.

You won't be a top player if you don't. Period.

Buying the stuff isn't going to make you a top player. Period. Takes some serious no lifeing. Their were people already at level 52 during the headstart, when there was no cash shop and nobody had their pre-order items because of the mess that happened. Blame it on the cash shop if you want, reality is it's all on you.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I keep throwing money at this game, but I still suck. I still have crappy gear, and still make sunflower packs to fuel my black spirit addicition. What do i need to buy to win harder? Please, direct me to the pay to win items so I can have all the best gear with one swipe.

*sigh*

Edited by ipvpcrops
3 people like this

Posted

Not only is it a fact that without purchased armor and weapons you are not as strong/good as the next one who has it.

Also, YOU may have spent 150=200 but if you count the pre order edition of $100 you are a bit short there.

But apart from the money side, it just makes a game kind of worthwhile playing if you can look forward to perhaps finding something great in a chest or as a reward for some kind of boss or in a dungeon or something. It is very lame if the only thing that happens for playing is "yeaaaay, I killed a few more mobs", go hand in my quest and get a health potion or similar!

So really, it is quite lame and the luck of BD is that there is not much else on the market!

Posted

WIN WHAT?????

2 people like this

Posted

Not only is it a fact that without purchased armor and weapons you are not as strong/good as the next one who has it.

Also, YOU may have spent 150=200 but if you count the pre order edition of $100 you are a bit short there.

But apart from the money side, it just makes a game kind of worthwhile playing if you can look forward to perhaps finding something great in a chest or as a reward for some kind of boss or in a dungeon or something. It is very lame if the only thing that happens for playing is "yeaaaay, I killed a few more mobs", go hand in my quest and get a health potion or similar!

So really, it is quite lame and the luck of BD is that there is not much else on the market!

How does anything in the cash shop make you stronger? Theres nothing that gives you AP, DP, Crit, att spd, cast spd, etc. What are you talking about?

Posted

so where can i buy stones or sliver with real money?

Posted

WIN WHAT?????

Win the fashion show

3 people like this

Posted

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

3 people like this

Posted

If you want to compete with the top echelon of players, goodluck doing it without a costume, LT limit, 3x pets, and a guillie+ others that I am forgetting. You need these things.

But once you get what you need you're set. It's almost like the game itself is just $150-200. For a game that you get how many hours from? It's completely reasonable.

Damnit I already spent more than that and I only have 2 pets and I dont have a guilie suit... 

Posted

...Can you provide a bit more information for your argument?
I would like to argue this point that it is Pay2gress, not Pay2win to be honest. I tend to buy my entertainment with my Gamecube and doing indoor stuff - Free things, y'know?
Only thing I really dump cash on is food and games I think deserve my money. 

BDO=Pw2 for instance.

Weight. 300...thats huge

Inventory/storage slots..thats huge

horse breeding reset horse death reset.

full awaken reset.

thats about it ill name

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Imao you're right, for €30 you get months, if not years worth of entertainement. You are further able to enhance that entertainement by buying costumes, underwear, or playing rngbox with the dye system. All of this is purely optional, though a few exagerate but that's in all cash shop games. People crying about their must have angel costumes being too expensive are unable to put things in perspective...

How much does a night out with friends cost? How must does a night out ingame, raiding / pvp'ing / just chatting, having fun, ... cost? Nothing...

'Nough said.

PS: Who cares about a flashy pink stripper costume?

Edited by Thrag
1 person likes this

Posted

(✿◡‿◡)

Posted

good point, Aethernal, we should be able to sell eachother cosmetic items for silver

Posted

If the goal is to make a powerful character that can rival most others, then you need these things.

If you take 2 people of equal skill, equal playtime. One has spent hundreds, the other nothing.  The one spending nothing just doesn't compare. The grind speed is so much faster. This is just the reality of the situation. I don't know why people refute this.

It doesn't take much money to get everything you need though. So really if you spend $150-$200 you're good to go, which I think is more than reasonable for the amount of entertainment you get.

if you got rid of the pearl shop, and just made BDO a buy to play for like $200-$300 I would buy it, and I think it would make for a better game.