• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Market overflow with bots

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Basically 5 of us guildies sniping a Liverto wep on market after it was placed by our guildie at 6am. Doing the Purchase click + numbers under a second and all 5 of us failing to buy it. It's more than obvious it's botting, people have talked about it, it's a known issue. Why can't it be handled?

Posted

It's more than obvious that you have no idea how AH and it's bidding phase works.

Didn't it look suspicious to you, that after you fail, the item is still on AH, yet "Purchase" button is greyed out for you?

Posted

People calling it an auction house but there are really no auctions... 

Posted

Fact is there are ah Bots that buy instantly , a casual player or any Player has no chance to get something if a botter targeted on that Item, it is just crazy and something should be done about it.

Posted

Fact is there are ah Bots that buy instantly , a casual player or any Player has no chance to get something if a botter targeted on that Item, it is just crazy and something should be done about it.

Another one who doesn't know how Bidding phase works. Yes you can bot the normal items, but there's enough of these available... except the fresh new items.

Posted

It's more than obvious that you have no idea how AH and it's bidding phase works.

Didn't it look suspicious to you, that after you fail, the item is still on AH, yet "Purchase" button is greyed out for you?

I swear on my life, the option was greyed out the entire time til it disappeared. For one of us it appeared white and as soon as he typed in the numbers it was said that item was already purchased. If there is actual a "bidding" phase, it didn't happen for 5 of us. And you can't possibly be that ignorant and tell me that 5 of us were too slow to react.

Posted

I'm sorry, HOW is it an Auction house?  no body competes over the item; at least not that I've seen.   Where is it that people "bid" on items?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Bidding happens for any item that is desired, usually 1m+ in price, when it gets queued to AH, AH sends notifications to everyone who has them set.

That means in 15-30mins the item will appear on AH. When it does though, it will have purple triangle with "B" in top left corner of it's icon on AH - that means there's Bidding phase.

The phase lasts several seconds (never saw shorter than 20s or longer than 1m:30s). In this phase, the server rolls a certain random number.

Now you have 2 options, click Purchase, type the captcha and Enter - server will roll number for you and if it's same as the above one, you instantly win the item. If it's not, you are told "Failed to Purchase" and the Purchase button is now greyed out for you until the B phase is over. This means everyone has at least 1 chance at buying the item.

After the bidding phase ends and if nobody got lucky number and won, it's open for normal purchase and the fastest (or bot) guy wins.

@Zbile: what message did you get? "Item already sold." or "Failed to purchase."?

Edited by Destabilizator
2 people like this

Posted

Bidding happens for any item that is desired, usually 1m+ in price, when it gets queued to AH, AH sends notifications to everyone who has them set.

That means in 15-30mins the item will appear on AH. When it does though, it will have purple triangle with "B" in top left corner of it's icon on AH - that means there's Bidding phase.

The phase lasts several seconds (never saw shorter than 20s or longer than 1m:30s). In this phase, the server rolls a certain random number.

Now you have 2 options, click Purchase, type the captcha and Enter - server will roll number for you and if it's same as the above one, you instantly win the item. If it's not, you are told "Failed to Purchase" and the Purchase button is now greyed out for you until the B phase is over. This means everyone has at least 1 chance at buying the item.

After the bidding phase ends and if nobody got lucky number and won, it's open for normal purchase and the fastest (or bot) guy wins.

@Zbile: what message did you get? "Item already sold." or "Failed to purchase."?

Wow.....uhm..... I'm speechless as to the system......

1 person likes this

Posted

I got Failed to purchase. Although it kinda makes sense now that you explained it. Just the word "bidding" is absolutely awful for this situation really :D

1 person likes this

Posted

I got Failed to purchase. Although it kinda makes sense now that you explained it. Just the word "bidding" is absolutely awful for this situation really :D

I was thinking about it more and came to conclusion that this is actually quite valid way to give everyone a chance (albeit lotto) so the bots don't always instasnipe it. You can see it with Shining Powder now, which is not going to "B" and vanishes very quickly.

No captcha whatsoever is going to stop a bot (I can imagine simple script is watching for moment the "B" is gone and hits the button), but like this at least someone else can win.

Posted (edited)

would fix the issue, i still have a hard time understanding why this isnt a thing from the design of the system -.- it just seems crazy

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted

Another one who doesn't know how Bidding phase works. Yes you can bot the normal items, but there's enough of these available... except the fresh new items.

i am talking about these normal items, for some dailys you need goods and i as a lazy person buy them of the AH like "Kantholz" (don`t know the english item name) and whenever a botter dicides to stock them up there is a time window these are insta sniped while half a day or day later when the botter has enough, it will be still difficult ( market was empty and now a lot of people waiting for it try to buy it before you ) but possible and some hours later the market stabilize and it is back to normal.

On reddit there is even a post of someone who made a script and still got sniped. So yeah there a Ah bots and this is crazy and somethingshould be done against it.^^

i did know that a bidding pahse exists ( however i didn´t know the details, so thanks for that) but if i am in the ah , get the notification , type the name and is already sold.

Posted

these bots give a shit on that so called "bidding system". they can read/edit in and outgoing packages and roll several times in the 1st phase while you have only 1 entry. even if they miss with 20+ rolls its anyway gone instant in 2nd phase before you pressed purchase.

Posted

I would love this system on horse AH as well, since all good horses, goes to quick. Yes you can only buy one horse per hour. But a bot lvl horse while waiting to snipe nxt horse.

Or simply that I can sell my horse to my guildmates.