• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

This game was damn near perfect, but...

305 posts in this topic

Posted

Yes it's one of these threads again.

So I've been playing since it came out now and it's one of the best MMORPGs I've played in a long time but I've grown really tired of having the same outfit throughout the entire game and I've been told this will never change because Korean version still don't have any more customization for non paying players. I do understand that costumes are optional and not necessary but to me it is necessary. I want to feel some sort of development in my character/class, I want to look more and more badass as I level up and I want to be able to change around how my

So I've played since Black Desert came out now and it's one of the best MMORPGs I've played in a long time but I've grown really tired of having the same outfit throughout the entire game and I've been told this will never change because Korean version still don't have any more customization for non paying players. I do understand that costumes are optional and not necessary but to me it is necessary. I want to feel some sort of development in my character/class, I want to look more and more badass as I level up and I want to change around how my character looks. I feel it's wrong that I have to pay 30$ to play the game and then pay another 30$ for one single costume, not several but one. This means that I will still look the same throughout the entire game unless I'm willing to cough up another 30$. This is beyond ridiculous and shameful and not that it matters but this is the one of the reasons I'm giving up and leaving this game. It's not only the costumes but everything else in the cash shop is overpriced as well. The whole dye system is beyond greedy. When you have a game like Guild Wars 2 that is now free to play that actually gives you a couple starter dyes and lets you earn all the dyes in the game by just playing or you can buy them from players with ingame money and you keep them forever then how the hell is it acceptable that in this game your dyes are random, one time use and costs heck of a lot of money in the end. Warframe is another good example of a game doing it right. They offer all the basic colors for a small amount of price and you get to keep the colors forever, then they also offer some more special colors for a small amount of price as well. 

This is all a horrible and evil way for them to leech money off people, they know damn well that some people are more weak than others and will fall for the temptation and open up their wallets without hesitation because they enjoy the game. I would do the same thing if there was more customization in the game without paying, I would then definitely spend some money to get the more exclusive and cooler outfits from cash shops eventually sold for 5-10$ not 30$. The sad reality of it all is that if they had sold everything in the cash shop for reasonable prices they would be earning more money than what they are earning now. Sometimes I wonder if people behind these cash shop decisions have even taken a simple economy/business class.

TL;DR - We paid 30$ for a game that is free to play in other versions and then you want us to pay another 30$ for any sort of customization what so ever. Why did we pay 30$ for the game in the first place if you're putting a major part of the game behind a cash shop? There should be heck of a lot more customization options for non paying customers when people paid 30$ from the start and customers who are willing to pay even more than the starter 30$ should be offered costumes for a lower price. Not even the damn starter outfits for the characters are anything good. This is all pretty damn obvious and is a very easy decision but for some reason someone decided to ----- the cash shop over. Why did you have to go and ----- up such a great game through such a simple thing? I'm so tired of this happening to almost every new game being released.  

I apologize for my rough english, I hope it's readable. I hope those of you who do enjoy the game are able to look past the customization issue and have a great time, I however just can't. Thanks for reading!

21 people like this

Posted

14 people like this

Posted

So I've been playing since it came out now and it's one of the best MMORPGs I've played in a long time but I've grown really tired of having the same outfit throughout the entire game and I've been told this will never change because Korean version still don't have any more customization for non paying players. I do understand that costumes are optional and not necessary but to me it is necessary. I want to feel some sort of development in my character/class, I want to look more and more badass as I level up and I want to be able to change around how my

So I've played since Black Desert came out now and it's one of the best MMORPGs I've played in a long time but I've grown really tired of having the same outfit throughout the entire game and I've been told this will never change because Korean version still don't have any more customization for non paying players. I do understand that costumes are optional and not necessary but to me it is necessary. I want to feel some sort of development in my character/class, I want to look more and more badass as I level up and I want to change around how my character looks. I feel it's wrong that I have to pay 30$ to play the game and then pay another 30$ for one single costume, not several but one. This means that I will still look the same throughout the entire game unless I'm willing to cough up another 30$. This is beyond ridiculous and shameful and not that it matters but this is the one of the reasons I'm giving up and leaving this game. It's not only the costumes but everything else in the cash shop is overpriced as well. The whole dye system is beyond greedy. When you have a game like Guild Wars 2 that is now free to play that actually gives you a couple starter dyes and lets you earn all the dyes in the game by just playing or you can buy them from players with ingame money and you keep them forever then how the hell is it acceptable that in this game your dyes are random, one time use and costs heck of a lot of money in the end. Warframe is another good example of a game doing it right. They offer all the basic colors for a small amount of price and you get to keep the colors forever, then they also offer some more special colors for a small amount of price as well. 

This is all a horrible and evil way for them to leech money off people, they know damn well that some people are more weak than others and will fall for the temptation and open up their wallets without hesitation because they enjoy the game. I would do the same thing if there was more customization in the game without paying, I would then definitely spend some money to get the more exclusive and cooler outfits from cash shops eventually sold for 5-10$ not 30$. The sad reality of it all is that if they had sold everything in the cash shop for reasonable prices they would be earning more money than what they are earning now. Sometimes I wonder if people behind these cash shop decisions have even taken a simple economy/business class.

TL;DR - We paid 30$ for a game that is free to play in other versions and then you want us to pay another 30$ for any sort of customization what so ever. Why did we pay 30$ for the game in the first place if you're putting a major part of the game behind a cash shop? There should be heck of a lot more customization options for non paying customers when people paid 30$ from the start and customers who are willing to pay even more than the starter 30$ should be offered costumes for a lower price. Not even the damn starter outfits for the characters are anything good. This is all pretty damn obvious and is a very easy decision but for some reason someone decided to ----- the cash shop over. Why did you have to go and ----- up such a great game through such a simple thing? I'm so tired of this happening to almost every new game being released.  

I apologize for my rough english, I hope it's readable. I hope those of you who do enjoy the game are able to look past the customization issue and have a great time, I however just can't. Thanks for reading!

each armor set has a different look on them, but the thing is, almost all sets in this game can be upgraded and still be used for end-game. You don't constantly change armor, like in any typical theme-park MMOs. 

2 people like this

Posted

I also really enjoy the game and love customization too. On the contrary to yourself I am part of the whales who spend alot of Money in the CS to get the Looks I want. I see lots of Players not Walking around in the "noobcolors".

On a sidenote: you should make a TL;DR for your TL;DR

Posted

This game is perfect!!! cash shop is perfect!!! Dude!!! your whining saddens me every second!! What can you ask more from the game... They do everything so people can`t pay to win, they`re on top of costumer service... lag spikes occur here and there rarely.. only experienced it once before yesterday... Patch came out after less than 2 months. And your leaving a game because your character doesn`t look good!!!

useless thread. waste of time!!!

jeebs

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree with the OP. When I was still living with my parents, I wouldn't think twice to spend $30 on an outfit and hell I would do it again right after. But now that I'm living together with my bf, I tend to think more careful before buying. And $30 is VERY high for just 1 costume and that it's just for 1 character. At least it is when you have to pay rent, bills, food, etc...

And what a lot of people have already said, if the costumes were either account bound (for $30) or about $10 (for 1 character) I would for sure start buying things in this game. But the dye system is RNG (and the dyes are just 1-time usage only) and the outfits too costly, I'll not spend a cent more than the money I spend on actually buying the game.

Sorry Daum, I like the game, but I don't like your money-grabbing methods.

18 people like this

Posted

Basically you have no money to buy a costume?
Be like me, just dye your armor. 

1 person likes this

Posted

This guy knows what`s up! \o/

Fee 2 Play

Posted (edited)

Why do people always bring up the B2P issue?

WE PAID $30 TO NOT HAVE THE P2W OPTION OF SELLING CASH SHOP ITEMS ON THE MARKETPLACE. They needed to make up the revenue for not having that option.

Edited by Zyke

Posted

what did you pay $30 for? are you serious? how about the thousands of hours going into this game. 

Posted

Heres mine :)

9mVPfSD.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Heres mine :)

9mVPfSD.jpg

You win

Posted

WE PAID $30 TO NOT HAVE THE P2W OPTION OF SELLING CASH SHOP ITEMS ON THE MARKETPLACE. They needed to make up the revenue for not having that option.

No we did not. It is disabled for launch only.

It is coming and I can't wait to see the forums when it does.

1 person likes this

Posted

You win

Better lightning!

r8UUSmv.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

but everything in your life has to be absolute perfect. like you are? sorry mate but nothing in life is absolute perfect. deal with it

I agree with the OP. When I was still living with my parents, I wouldn't think twice to spend $30 on an outfit and hell I would do it again right after. But now that I'm living together with my bf, I tend to think more careful before buying. And $30 is VERY high for just 1 costume and that it's just for 1 character. At least it is when you have to pay rent, bills, food, etc...

And what a lot of people have already said, if the costumes were either account bound (for $30) or about $10 (for 1 character) I would for sure start buying things in this game. But the dye system is RNG (and the dyes are just 1-time usage only) and the outfits too costly, I'll not spend a cent more than the money I spend on actually buying the game.

Sorry Daum, I like the game, but I don't like your money-grabbing methods.

Costumes are vanity items. vanity items are not essential if you have to pay your bills. even gaming is not essential. find your food first and pay your bils. then play games. and in the end buy vanity items. that is how it goes

6 people like this

Posted

I think the game is fine for what it is.  I'm still playing and I enjoy it.  My only issue is the grind seems rather pointless.  Basically, almost every class ends up using the same armor set, they get a shitton of weaponstones and max enhance their weapons, then their armor.  I mean it's fine, just to me I'd like to see some other armor/weapon paths, and different weapons with different stats to allow for some choice.  As it is, the grind is pretty much the same for everyone.

The key for me will be the pvp once node wars, seiges, shit like that begins.  That will either make or break this game. (again, for me personally)

Regardless, this is a great game, but I wouldn't mind a little more progression variety.

Posted (edited)

Many MMO's release as a payed game at launch because people will buy the hype. 
Then within a few years they turn Free 2 Play and make complete profit of the cash shop.

The marketing model of black desert is also completely focused on the cash shop, the "buy the game" is just an extra amount of money for them but not a long term strategy :) 

And I do agree i find the prices too high and believe they would actually sell a lot more if they made the prices 19 instead of 30 euro. Then again I think it is completely understandable in what they do and don't mind it so much! But yes I also agree on the opinion that they should add a little more dynamic into the quest armors!

Edited by Meij

Posted

So if I am reading this correct, you buy the game but you cannot get any further outfits without paying for them with real money. It would be useful to know just what else you don't get after paying for the game. Like characters, storage, mounts, weapons and progression items like explore and build stuff. Have not bought this game yet cus I am watching to see what happens here. Been shafted badly in another game with server merging that cost me a literal fortune and I still have all my unbuilt kits that represent the cost of what I lost.

Not sure how this game would handle server changes. Haven't got that far into reading how building and property management is maintained. But that gear purchasing issue, if that is the case, is a game breaker for me. Probably don't need to spend anymore time here. Never mind.

Posted

So if I am reading this correct, you buy the game but you cannot get any further outfits without paying for them with real money. It would be useful to know just what else you don't get after paying for the game. Like characters, storage, mounts, weapons and progression items like explore and build stuff. Have not bought this game yet cus I am watching to see what happens here. Been shafted badly in another game with server merging that cost me a literal fortune and I still have all my unbuilt kits that represent the cost of what I lost.

Not sure how this game would handle server changes. Haven't got that far into reading how building and property management is maintained. But that gear purchasing issue, if that is the case, is a game breaker for me. Probably don't need to spend anymore time here. Never mind.

There are a handful of looks, and the different sets you can craft/buy/loot will only give these looks a different colour.
But if you really want to have a very different look from all the other characters (and a different look from any lvl 1 character)
you HAVE to spend real money on costumes in the pearl shop.

Posted

Not this shit again....

xTiTnvzY6UTT5H3RZK.gif

Posted

Waaaait.....now we gotta pay companies money to not make their game F2P on launch?

Is this so that we can feel good about ourselves ("elitist) mentally that seems to have rolled over from WoW, since armour/weapon no longer are used to differentiate those who "worked" for their gear, I mean why not make it so that we can buy +15 gear, not that much of a big step, that way we can skip the whole progression aspect of an MMO.

Seriously people, outfits/armour progression was used as a visual measurement of player progression, in any other F2P/B2P/P2P with CS option, you will be still see this.

In this game it seems people want to look good, and not care about the character progression in any form other than PVP, which tbh, will get old when everyone in the sand ghille suit :P

If there no equivalent or slightly lesser quality of what your selling in CS not available in game whilst levling up your character as part of the intended natural progression of the games lifecycle, is it any wonder people are vocal about the major annoyance with the current CS and its prices.

If you guys wanna pay for £30 for and item for 1 time use, more power to you, but you shouldn't be vocally saying that the prices should stay as is in CS unless your concern is that P2w items would be sold in CS (whatever that may be construed to be based on whoever's opinion).  

"I mean if your already willing to fork over £30 for a costume, so pretty sure you can fork over £10 for pets too so why not £5 for enchant increase chance" - which is what i would be thinking if I'm a business exec who wanna increase company profits, and thus my end of year bonus.

Really I would have thought you nay sayers would be supporting a lowering of CS prices and the ability to earn "some" variety of outfits in game, thus increase versatility of gameplay styles, which would reflect the requirements needed to earn-ingame variety of outfits, which in turn would increase fun factor, which in turn could massively increase player satisfaction, so they would be more inclined to dip in to the CS items and spend cash.

People don't go to Jaime Oliver's restaurants over and over again, because he charges you £1000 entrance fee then another £100 to be able to purchase a chair and another  £50 to sit on the chair, before you even pay for the meal.

Posted

Minimum wage went up today- for all those -----ing and moaning about prices. Heres a thought save up for something u really want, Do some overtime, ask for overtime, sell some off your crap u no longer want on gum tree. Sell one of your kidneys, sell one of your children, Rent a spare room u have to a family of refugees and pack them to the rafters for £15 a week per person.  Look for work, look for more work, ask around your family for spare cash and tell them about your problems on BDO and the real struggle u have with looking ordinary. Sit on a kerb with a sign saying, wanting angels wings and many pets for BDO.

If it was up to me i'd double the dam prices of things in the cash shop just to brass of the very complainers about not having enough to blow on  pixels. Its a tough world out there. My heart goes out to your struggles of looking bland.

Posted

The sad reality of it all is that if they had sold everything in the cash shop for reasonable prices they would be earning more money than what they are earning now. Sometimes I wonder if people behind these cash shop decisions have even taken a simple economy/business class.

You go ahead and prove it, I call you out on this. Show me if prices were lower they would have earned more money.

Tired of reading the same stuff over and over, based on nothing but speculation.

1 person likes this

Posted

but everything in your life has to be absolute perfect. like you are? sorry mate but nothing in life is absolute perfect. deal with it

Costumes are vanity items. vanity items are not essential if you have to pay your bills. even gaming is not essential. find your food first and pay your bils. then play games. and in the end buy vanity items. that is how it goes

Damn
Very nice.

Out of likes.

Posted

To sum it up:

you pay 10€ for 2 hours passive entertainment at the theatre, and I bet you don't file a complaint.

you pay 30€ for thousands hours active entertainment and you go wall of text to explain how they are wasted because you don't have included a costume that makes your toon look half naked.