• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

This game was damn near perfect, but...

305 posts in this topic

Posted

This game is F2P in all other versions. xD And there are 3 other versions of BDO- KR, JP and RU, and guess what? JP and RU have Cash Shop 50% cheaper than we do for some reason.

different gdp

different economy laws

different cultures & continents

different times

But most importantly what you claim is not true. Our prices are pretty much the same as the korean. I haven't played in the other releases but I know that russian gdp  per capita is 1/4th of that of Korea and Germany and 1/7th of that of the US, so if prices are only 50% russians are paying a lot more than you, plus the game isn't maintained by Daum but by other providers.

Posted (edited)

There is a video on YouTube showing the cash shop items in the JP version. You can see the pearl prices there.

Costume sets were 500 pearls, while Costume + Weapon sets were 600 pearls.

Don't know the cost of buying pearls, however.

edit: Using a third party site another YouTube video showed ~£20.00 = 600 pearls. That is ~28USD. Keep in mind this was using a third party site, so additional fees will exist.

I would not doubt that the JP version is cheaper. The Russian prices are not simply due to economic differences. It has an entirely different publisher, as does the JP version.

Edited by scau

Posted

AHAHAH, yeah because that is a marginal detail. You made my day sir.

Posted

each armor set has a different look on them, but the thing is, almost all sets in this game can be upgraded and still be used for end-game. You don't constantly change armor, like in any typical theme-park MMOs. 

These armor sets offer extremely little changes. I have tried them all, they all look pretty much the same and barely change anything. There is usually one set that you use for several classes as well because the other sets aren't as useful. You don't have to change your actual armor constantly to change your looks they could offer a similar system to Guild Wars 2 where you can transmog your gear to make it look different but it still keeps the same stats it's just a type of skin, this is by the way also a free system in that game. 

I also really enjoy the game and love customization too. On the contrary to yourself I am part of the whales who spend alot of Money in the CS to get the Looks I want. I see lots of Players not Walking around in the "noobcolors".

On a sidenote: you should make a TL;DR for your TL;DR

Good for you. Of course there are people who are going to pay just like I said, their greedy mechanics will work on certain people and this has sure worked on me on previous games but not so much anymore. This doesn't make it okay to have such prices for a game that is buy to play.

This game is perfect!!! cash shop is perfect!!! Dude!!! your whining saddens me every second!! What can you ask more from the game... They do everything so people can`t pay to win, they`re on top of costumer service... lag spikes occur here and there rarely.. only experienced it once before yesterday... Patch came out after less than 2 months. And your leaving a game because your character doesn`t look good!!!

useless thread. waste of time!!!

jeebs

Are you being sarcastic or? There is actually a pay to win option so clearly they are not doing everything so people can't pay to win (ghillie suit). Customer service and everything else you're talking about is not what my thread is about it's about the customization. Keep on topic my friend. I am leaving the game because of their greedy mechanics that aren't necessary for them to be making money

I agree with the OP. When I was still living with my parents, I wouldn't think twice to spend $30 on an outfit and hell I would do it again right after. But now that I'm living together with my bf, I tend to think more careful before buying. And $30 is VERY high for just 1 costume and that it's just for 1 character. At least it is when you have to pay rent, bills, food, etc...

And what a lot of people have already said, if the costumes were either account bound (for $30) or about $10 (for 1 character) I would for sure start buying things in this game. But the dye system is RNG (and the dyes are just 1-time usage only) and the outfits too costly, I'll not spend a cent more than the money I spend on actually buying the game.

Sorry Daum, I like the game, but I don't like your money-grabbing methods.

Yup when you take control of your own economy things change and you understand how expensive things are. 

Exactly if they had just changed this and made it reasonable I would be spending more money on the game for sure.

Basically you have no money to buy a costume?
Be like me, just dye your armor. 

No I do have money but this doesn't mean I lose track of what is expensive and what isn't.

Why do people always bring up the B2P issue?

WE PAID $30 TO NOT HAVE THE P2W OPTION OF SELLING CASH SHOP ITEMS ON THE MARKETPLACE. They needed to make up the revenue for not having that option.

You could say this sure except there is a pay to win option in the cash shop that didn't need to be there and pets offer some advantages as well. If you look at other games that are buy to play or was buy to play like the great example I gave Guild Wars 2 you would see that you bought the game once and you got absolutely everything in the game except a couple exclusive costumes sold in the Cash Shop which you don't need because the game has a lot of outfits to choose from if you don't pay. That game has survived for a long time and now that it is free to play it still doesn't offer anything pay to win in the cash shop. Overwatch a new game soon to come out, you buy the game once for 40$ and you get access to everything in the game that exists now and future content as well. Every skin you can get from just playing the game. no pay to win options. There are so many other games that was/are buy to play that don't offer any pay to win options either so please don't try to make an excuse for them, there is no excuse for their prices. They could sell everything in their shop for reasonable prices and they would be making heck of a lot more money than what they are making now and there would be less negative reviews on it as well which would mean more players and that means more buyers.

what did you pay $30 for? are you serious? how about the thousands of hours going into this game. 

This game is free to play in other versions and they are given everything we who paid for the actual game get, there for I paid 30$ for more than just the game my friend as did you and everyone else who bought the game.

No we did not. It is disabled for launch only.

It is coming and I can't wait to see the forums when it does.

I wouldn't be surprised if more pay to win options came out. I can't wait to see the excuse people will make then.

This game was damn near perfect, but...

but everything in your life has to be absolute perfect. like you are? sorry mate but nothing in life is absolute perfect. deal with it

Costumes are vanity items. vanity items are not essential if you have to pay your bills. even gaming is not essential. find your food first and pay your bils. then play games. and in the end buy vanity items. that is how it goes

To me this game would have been perfect if the customization was existant from the get go much like it is in almost every other game out there. This is all my opinion buddy, what you don't find perfect others might.

These are all things I said, it's not necessarily needed however it does contribute a big factor to the game anyways, makes it more fun and has more value to playing the game when you work towards something like a cool set or whatever. Progression within your character is an awesome thing, this progression is something they locked behind an unecessary paywall that didn't need to be there for them to survive. I have found my food and I do pay my bills and here I am playing games and I do buy cosmetic items in other games who sell them for reasonable prices, I don't buy cosmetic items when their prices are unreasonable. You need to understand that the prices in the cash shop didn't need to be 30$, they could have been 5-10$ and this game would survive for 10 years without an issue especially when they are selling the base game for 30$. All I want is some sort of progression for us non cash shop users and for the prices to be considerably lowered something that should have existed from the start.

I think the game is fine for what it is.  I'm still playing and I enjoy it.  My only issue is the grind seems rather pointless.  Basically, almost every class ends up using the same armor set, they get a shitton of weaponstones and max enhance their weapons, then their armor.  I mean it's fine, just to me I'd like to see some other armor/weapon paths, and different weapons with different stats to allow for some choice.  As it is, the grind is pretty much the same for everyone.

The key for me will be the pvp once node wars, seiges, shit like that begins.  That will either make or break this game. (again, for me personally)

Regardless, this is a great game, but I wouldn't mind a little more progression variety.

You make a great point, grinding does feel a bit pointless and with more armor/weapon paths it would be so much more fun and it's not even hard to make they just need to stop putting it all only in the cash shop. Progression is what I feel is missing the most in this game and with a game looking so damn beautiful it's a shame it lacks it.

So if I am reading this correct, you buy the game but you cannot get any further outfits without paying for them with real money. It would be useful to know just what else you don't get after paying for the game. Like characters, storage, mounts, weapons and progression items like explore and build stuff. Have not bought this game yet cus I am watching to see what happens here. Been shafted badly in another game with server merging that cost me a literal fortune and I still have all my unbuilt kits that represent the cost of what I lost.

Not sure how this game would handle server changes. Haven't got that far into reading how building and property management is maintained. But that gear purchasing issue, if that is the case, is a game breaker for me. Probably don't need to spend anymore time here. Never mind.

You are correct you are stuck with your starter outfit throughout the entire game with a couple small, very small changes to it with the gear that you can buy with ingame money. If you want to completely change how you look you must pay and one costume in the cash shop costs 30$. If you want more than 4 characters on your account you have to buy character slots. Storage space is obtainable for free in the game same with mounts and weapons. Inventory slots you can gain through playing the game as well however I think there is a limit and from there on you must buy from cash shop, same with the amount of weight you can have. I don't recommend this game for you if you have issues with progression like I do. If you can look past that or are willing to pay 30$ for a costume then you will love the game for sure.

Not this shit again....

xTiTnvzY6UTT5H3RZK.gif

The reason why it keeps being brought up is for the obvious reason that the prices are overpriced, there's no denying it. It will keep being brought up til it is fixed.

You go ahead and prove it, I call you out on this. Show me if prices were lower they would have earned more money.

Tired of reading the same stuff over and over, based on nothing but speculation.

I can't prove that unless they change the prices my friend. I am going off examples of other games that have much less population and is far worse gameplay wise but still managed to survive for several years and are still surviving til this day. Like I said if there were reasonable prices it would mean more people would buy, more than just once. This would also mean the cash shop and the game itself gets good reviews and not bad ones like it's getting now meaning more people will be attracted towards the game with so much positive things being said about it and this means more potential customers. In the end it's a lot more profit.

1 person likes this

Posted

The fish costume was 560 pearls in JP version in may last year, don't know what that is in yen though

unfortunately, you can't really get a grasp on pricing unless you played legit in in whatever region and then saw how much cash pearls were going for.

And actually legitimately purchased directly from the game and not 3rd party, then you could buy 1 item there that is selling on EU CS and you could figure out the actual cost of a costume etc.

Not hearsay, or pople basing on what they goggling. 

I mean they could have said in EU version Dye cost 1 pearl.

Cost to buy 1 pearl = £1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

See what i mean?

I'm already calling shenanigans. They didn't cite anything and they are categorically incorrect about KR and EU pricing on costumes. 10-35% variance in price is *NOT* exactly the same price and people would lose their shit to start paying $42 for costumes they currently pay $27 for.
I do agree that keeping future content free for our server is a bit of an overstatement, but it's not completely bullshit because that money goes to PA from every version of the game and it funnels into the development costs for every server.

So, again, do you actually have citation of a real comparison or just someone ranting without showing their work and having a glaring inaccuracy from word go?

Here's my work (which I'm pretty sure you've seen) and I make it a point to show my work and cite where the numbers came from:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/58523-psa-cash-shop-kr-comparison-tldr-at-bottom/

So if you know any players in JP please show screenshot of pearl price in yen to buy and pearl price of a costume that is on CS JP so can compare with actual price on CS EU/NA.

without them images and figures this will keep cropping up.

Posted

AHAHAH, yeah because that is a marginal detail. You made my day sir.

I was posting them for Vix and bakimono to check out if they wished, since they were discussing the JP prices.

Posted

This game is F2P in all other versions. xD And there are 3 other versions of BDO- KR, JP and RU, and guess what? JP and RU have Cash Shop 50% cheaper than we do for some reason.

so u really do want all out pay to win, huh?

Posted

You absolutely get more than your 30$ bucks worth on the initial buy in.

I hate that all costumes have a pay wall but it's just as well. You get loads of content for such a small fee. Support the game and get some nice threads if you really like it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Bullshit. Adding P2W items is not required at all, and technically speaking, BDO already has P2W items on the CS. What the hell kind of shit games are you people playing where the alternatives are either ridiculous prices or full P2W?

the pay to win is quite subtle if u must call it pay to win.  what u want will throw the doors open for full pay to win....and all for a costume.

Posted

Yes.

why not, just get it over with, we all know its gonna come down the pipe line.

:D

Posted

Bullshit. Adding P2W items is not required at all, and technically speaking, BDO already has P2W items on the CS. What the hell kind of shit games are you people playing where the alternatives are either ridiculous prices or full P2W?

Ok as much as people complain about the prices (which I think is high too) I also understand it is not necessary to have the items on the cash. I'm not saying it's right, all I'm saying is I don't give a f*ck because the game is out and I'm playing. I would rather have fun and look at everything it's offering which other MMO's don't then complain about shit that may never change...

Posted

different gdp

different economy laws

different cultures & continents

different times

But most importantly what you claim is not true. Our prices are pretty much the same as the korean. I haven't played in the other releases but I know that russian gdp  per capita is 1/4th of that of Korea and Germany and 1/7th of that of the US, so if prices are only 50% russians are paying a lot more than you, plus the game isn't maintained by Daum but by other providers.

My country's economy is almost the same as RU. City where I live actually earns money from trading with Russians, because they have more money than we do. >.> So no, they're not paying more than me, they're paying way less for same items.

There is a video on YouTube showing the cash shop items in the JP version. You can see the pearl prices there.

I would not doubt that the JP version is cheaper. The Russian prices are not simply due to economic differences. It has an entirely different publisher, as does the JP version.

Thanks~ Looking for how much a pearl bundle is in JP but so far got nothing. I think I'll try to PM that user I quoted, see if he has something. :P

Why is this the only option, P2W or reasonably priced items?

Seriously, what games do you play to think you can't play a good, fair game with a good CS?

Somehow other MMORPGs can sustain themselves by being F2P and have costumes costing anywhere from 5 euro-15 euro, with cosmetics being cosmetic and not giving bonuses, but BDO just can't do it without going Pay 2 Win? What?

I'm really not surprised MOBAs got so popular during last 3 years. They're doing things right while online RPGs are just going for cash grabs.

Posted

DamnVery nice.

Out of likes.

it's like, the game is perfect BUT I don't have a job so the game sucks.
#2016 kids logic.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pro tip: Buy a few bundles of red dye, get matching colors, win. The only time you can't get a matching set is if you are shooting specifically for black.

Posted

Thanks~ Looking for how much a pearl bundle is in JP but so far got nothing. I think I'll try to PM that user I quoted, see if he has something. :P

There is a different video on YouTube of a user showing how to buy pearls in the JP version. Using a third party site he paid ~£20.00, which gave him 600 pearls. That is ~28USD. Keep in mind this was using a third party site so additional fees would have existed (meaning it is cheaper in JP).

Posted

This is absolutely useful and tied the datapoints I could find togeather.

1 jewel is 1 yen, 3000 jewels gets a 620 pearl pack(600+20); 3000 yen is $26.72 meaning JP pearls are .043 cents / pearl.

500 pearl costumes are $21.50 600 pearl sets are $25.80 so that means JP BDO is about 5-10% less expensive than our version.

Posted

the pay to win is quite subtle if u must call it pay to win.  what u want will throw the doors open for full pay to win....and all for a costume.

No, it wont. I've played dozens of F2P and B2P games with better pricing structures in the last decade that had less p2w than BDO. BDO is literally the worst offender I have ever played,  but only because I avoided Archeage completely. 

Posted

... they know damn well that some people are more weak than others and will fall for the temptation and open up their wallets without hesitation because they enjoy the game. I would do the same thing if there was more customization in the game

without paying,

I would then definitely spend some money

have even taken a simple economy/business class.

Posted

Sometimes I wonder how a lot of folks out there think an MMO funds itself.

This game is $30 minimum, unlike a lot of AAA MMOs clocking in at $50 minimum. It also has NO recurring subscription, unlike other MMOs clocking in at $15 a month subscription. 

Company per game income per year for standard sub MMO based on above: $230

Company per game income per year for this game based on above: $30

For the same price as a year of a standard MMO, you can add into your purchase 2 costumes, 1 horse armor, 1 full interior set, and $70 extra whatever that I missed: $200 + $30(for the game above) = $230.

Rather than DEMANDING all the cash shop stuff now, treat it like a standard MMO and buy an item every month or two. Even back in college, living on my own in an apartment making crap college pay, I still scrounged up the $15 for a standard MMO sub. In this game's case, I would just save that money and buy a costume or whatever every few months instead .

At the end of the day, it's not that complicated. Servers cost money. Resources to run them cost money. Workers cost money. $30 one time is not gonna cut it to pay those bills for years down the line.

If you can't afford another $30 for a costume today, save until you can. They aren't going anywhere and your selection may yet be bigger when you get there.

Posted

Wait, so i bought the game, do i have 1 free pet to get somewhere that i missed?

Posted

You absolutely get more than your 30$ bucks worth on the initial buy in.

I hate that all costumes have a pay wall but it's just as well. You get loads of content for such a small fee. Support the game and get some nice threads if you really like it.

That the thing, the game is beautiful, and I have purchased Conq pack, but there no "meaningful Visual" way to track the characters evolution.

Armours used to be a way to "track" character progression, but they were locked via levels etc.

Only why they can show "progression" is to have player earning thier "unique" items that are bound on pickup if they do a long ass winded quest, or farm world bosses for parts to craft an item, that is then locked to the crafter.

It wouldn't be that bad, if it wasn't the case that there no real reason to interact (less that lvl45) with other players as you can do everything by yourself, so usually you could use visual cue to ID "good" players.

It's possibly due to the "western" mentality that I have, where CS shop items = whales and avoid, that older MMO have instilled into me, not that everyone is a whale.

The game has great mechanics, that encourage co-operation, then all aspects that would allow co-op play, got removed to fight against Gold sellers.

Some would think its cos they want all the mooneeeey!....but serious can understand what they trying, but they should intrduce what GW2 did if they wannna remove 

Like i said in a previous post elsewhere, my most memorable MMO moment was finally getting Duel Samurai Long Swords, and Blue wolf armour set in Lineage 2, as it was a guild effort.

Was the entire process grindy as hell?, yes it was, but it was my guild mates that made it enjoyable. (also never sold the damn gear even when out geared it, it held sentimental value :D).

Haven't joined a guild yet, so hoping that the Guild missions are fun for when I do...finally.

This is absolutely useful and tied the datapoints I could find togeather.

1 jewel is 1 yen, 3000 jewels gets a 620 pearl pack(600+20); 3000 yen is $26.72 meaning JP pearls are .043 cents / pearl.

500 pearl costumes are $21.50 600 pearl sets are $25.80 so that means JP BDO is about 5-10% less expensive than our version.

hmm...so they have to buy jewels to buy pearls to buy from CS?

what talk about layers,,,,making players spend more to get rid of jewles to buy pearls to buy CS items....

what douche move.

Posted

Wait, so i bought the game, do i have 1 free pet to get somewhere that i missed?

If you bought the $50 version you do. The $30 doesn't get one.

Posted

No, it wont. I've played dozens of F2P and B2P games with better pricing structures in the last decade that had less p2w than BDO. BDO is literally the worst offender I have ever played,  but only because I avoided Archeage completely. 

Worst offender pricepoint wise or worst offender p2w wise?

If it's the worst offender P2W wise you obviously have not played all that many MMO's.

Posted

Sometimes I wonder how a lot of folks out there think an MMO funds itself.

This game is $30 minimum, unlike a lot of AAA MMOs clocking in at $50 minimum. It also has NO recurring subscription, unlike other MMOs clocking in at $15 a month subscription. 

Company per game income per year for standard sub MMO based on above: $230

Company per game income per year for this game based on above: $30

For the same price as a year of a standard MMO, you can add into your purchase 2 costumes, 1 horse armor, 1 full interior set, and $70 extra whatever that I missed: $200 + $30(for the game above) = $230.

Rather than DEMANDING all the cash shop stuff now, treat it like a standard MMO and buy an item every month or two. Even back in college, living on my own in an apartment making crap college pay, I still scrounged up the $15 for a standard MMO sub. In this game's case, I would just save that money and buy a costume or whatever every few months instead .

At the end of the day, it's not that complicated. Servers cost money. Resources to run them cost money. Workers cost money. $30 one time is not gonna cut it to pay those bills for years down the line.

If you can't afford another $30 for a costume today, save until you can. They aren't going anywhere and your selection may yet be bigger when you get there.

F2P games with normal Cash Shops run on magic I guess.

Posted

Valid point.....hmmm....How the hell does Steam/Valve manage to make a massive profit year in year out? can't possibly be due to the awesome deals they make on cheap ass games?

or even Asda/tesco/Costco? - what about Amazon????

This is hardly a demonstration. These are mere examples, to which I can give counter-examples.

It doesn't prove to me that they would earn more by selling at lower prices.