• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

This game was damn near perfect, but...

305 posts in this topic

Posted

The difference being you do not need pets or costumes to participate in all of the game's content and classes.
I'm not sure how you can say not having costumes and pets is the same thing as not having entire regions / dungeons / class features unlocked or just plain classes.

There is is meta game in breeding pets, so really you not gonna call this a feature?
And costumes do matter to others more than some, that understandable - game play for you is  "
entire regions / dungeons / class features unlocked or just plain classes"

Gameplay for everyone else: entire regions / dungeons / class features unlocked or just plain classes/variety costumes and weapons.

Posted

feature

Noun

Something offered to the public or advertised as particularly attractive.

Costumes sound like a feature to me.

Show me a advert where they showed off the cash shop costumes and claimed it was a part of the game. 

Posted (edited)

Show me a advert where they showed off the cash shop costumes and claimed it was a part of the game. 

Open the cash shop. They are on offer to the public, and clearly meant to be prettier/cooler than ingame appearance options.

You really are just a stubborn ass.

Edited by Gungan

Posted (edited)

There is is meta game in breeding pets, so really you not gonna call this a feature?And costumes do matter to others more than some, that understandable - game play for you is  "entire regions / dungeons / class features unlocked or just plain classes"

Gameplay for everyone else: entire regions / dungeons / class features unlocked or just plain classes/variety costumes and weapons.

*sigh*

read again: 

I'm not sure how you can say not having costumes and pets is the same thing as not having entire regions / dungeons / class features unlocked or just plain classes.

And if you are going to jump into a conversation do follow it before commenting.

and 9% exp is hardly worthy of being a significant part of the meta.

Edited by bakimono

Posted

There is plenty of character customization available, we have no character customization features locked behind a "premium account" like with the other regions.

Stop over-exaggerating, there aren't "indistinguishable stick figures" in the game. The armors look very good, far better than any MMO i've played so don't act like we're all forced to have a identical character with 1 piece of clothing, this is not true. 

We also get dyes for logging in the game so you can colour your armor differently than anyone else. 

And as an extra we can even craft certain costumes in-game but i bet you didn't know this 

Stop crying about the cash shop just because you want the "Pretty costumes" 

Nice dodge.  I gather, therefore, that even you would not be satisfied with the game if it offered no customization features.

The point is that costumes are a significant component to character customization, despite your attempts to downplay it.  Sure you can craft costumes, but they all look the same anyway. BDO ranks as having some of the most restrictive cosmetic choices of any serious MMORPG in recent history, and despite having a fantastic graphics engine.  Furthermore, most of the unique choices are locked behind a paywall — and even then the choices are ridiculously sparse.  

Is there some character customization in BDO? Yes, of course.  But it is the barest minimum they can get away with, IMHO.  The variety of such features is only barely adequate.  You and others may not care about that as much, but you cannot deny it does not impact player enjoyment, especially for any game that relies on any degree of immersion and the willing suspension of disbelief.

1 person likes this

Posted

I find it hard to believe the designers of the game who clearly made the game beautiful put these awful starting outfits in by choice.  It's quite obvious some corporate asshats ordered them to delete their original designs and intentionally put in these shit looking potato sack outfits to push sales.  It's a scumbag business tactic and most people realize this.

2 people like this

Posted

No, we don;t get dyes for logging in, not sure what game your playing

What are loyalty dye boxes?

Exaggeration : - they do plenty to combat gold sellers, difference is they don't do a blanket decision and stop player to player trading.

It's the best solution so far and you can't deny that

Show some images of the Costumes you can craft and wear in combat please? thnks.

"Costume Mills" let you craft costumes, you can wear those and when you go in combat you can switch to your armor. If you really care about your dress-up game then do that and stop blaming the cash-shop for your sick addiction 

Posted

*sigh*
read again: 

And if you are going to jump into a conversation do follow it before commenting.

Why do people like you think that just because something is insignificant in your eyes, that you can just discount it? 

Posted

This thread is turning into a mug-slinging competition. Bye

Posted (edited)

I find it hard to believe the designers of the game who clearly made the game beautiful put these awful starting outfits in by choice.  It's quite obvious some corporate asshats ordered them to delete their original designs and intentionally put in these shit looking potato sack outfits to push sales.  It's a scumbag business tactic and most people realize this.

Kinda reminds me of underwear for characters on VIndictus. 

Default is long johns and ratty looking granny briefs that clash with in game armor. 

If you want sexy undies you have to pay to not look like a scrub. And easy to tell who is a free to play player vs a paying players. 

For BDO I think the potato sack for witch wizard is the worst.

Edited by HayamaLinnus

Posted

For BDO I think the potato sack for witch wizard is the worst.

These sort of remind me of what Michael Palin and Terry Jones' characters were wearing in a couple of scenes of The Holy Grail, i.e., the filth covered peasants.

Posted

They said cash shop is going to be blocked from the auction house for a certain amount of time to prevent people from mass selling them at start and getting an advantage, they might let us sell cash shop items later but i don't expect that anytime soon

It really doesn't. It's a compliment to the game

Witch wears witch robes? That can't be. It's almost like the game has some sort of lore!

Learn about the flaws of the game before you try to bash it

Basically they said the game will turn F2P later, that's all about it.

Compliment? Seriously you are such a fanboy, and witch wear witch clothes? So witch like potatoes sack now, which most of them look that way.

Ahh yes, Witch wear Witch's clothes in Calpheon and still not being burn alive by the church.

Again, you learn about the game and the game setting first before you try to be a fanboy and defend. LOL

The more you open your mouth, the stupid you sound.

Posted

The more you open your mouth, the stupid you sound.

Im sorry, but that made me giggle

Posted

Think he talking about the massive build up and promotional material they showed on game events with awesome models with costumes - and stating you can do all this awesome stuff.

and in character creator having the ability to preview outfits - implied that you can earn this in game - as is shown in every other MMO -

Tera - shows all outfits you can get in-game in creator only.

BNS - same

so really why place items in Creator to preview if you have to pay for it on top - just have the base on only and 

*sigh*
read again: 

Who said anything about 9% exp, i just wanna breed them pets! like my horses - next i wanna breed my workers - then get access to Human workers including females one and then breed them like a slave master, then sell them off.

BTW - you don't need a horse to get around, its not a feature - by your logic - 

What are loyalty dye boxes?

It's the best solution so far and you can't deny that

"Costume Mills" let you craft costumes, you can wear those and when you go in combat you can switch to your armor. If you really care about your dress-up game then do that and stop blaming the cash-shop for your sick addiction 

Best solution - quite easy, stay on top of your gold sellers - and anyone buying from gold sellers - banned straight away - no question 

loyalty dyes haven't touched them, cos i refuse to participate with this CS - and yes i have Conq pack - people don't drop £100 for sh*ts and giggles son, it means they invested long term, before the game is even finalised - those who have spent cash can respect that and don't begrudge them in any form, but were allowed to voice our opinion about things when we feel they have done something wrong.

To all you all defending Daum/PA - please note something, you don't work for them so your opinion is just that an opinion on why they done what they done, till they OFFICIALY communicate in a manner that satisfies thier customers these threads will keep popping up.

"Costume Mills" let you craft costumes, you can wear those and when you go in combat you can switch to your armor. If you really care about your dress-up game then do that and stop blaming the cash-shop for your sick addiction  -  also this comment, kinda proves you have no understanding where we coming from - already state before happy to buy the kimono for my sorc - but no in game equivlent outfit available at this time and coupons that were mentioned earlier have not been released, and are a stop gap, not a solution to a legit concern.

TBH from what i can tell, most people don't have time to play as they once did when they were younger and don't want the CS to become P2W - legit and good concern.

BUT it seems over the past 8 years or so you all forgot what a MMO is about - It means playing with other people - Not just using the to PK.

Once upon a time, you joined a guild, and your guild mates helped you get the items you need to continue progression - and you would in turn help them ---playing with others.

People should be able to earn rewards ingame - Hell imagine they release the best "looking" outfit (no stats) in game and you have to spend time to craft it - but 1 item has a super low drop rate of the outfit - can but said item in CS - but damn - see what happened there, those who have less time can but the super low drop item from CS - and the rest can work for it make it a guild game, rather than 1 payer.

Summary - Customisation in any form is a feature - inluding breeding pets so you can have that cat you always wanted cos your allergic to RL one same with dogs :P

Posted

These sort of remind me of what Michael Palin and Terry Jones' characters were wearing in a couple of scenes of The Holy Grail, i.e., the filth covered peasants.

That's why I used the conq costume on my witch. Even tho the conq costume is kinda lame too... better than a burlap sack. haha. 

next i wanna breed my workers - then get access to Human workers including females one and then breed them like a slave master, then sell them off.

BDO slave trade!

Yeah I would want that. 

Posted

That's why I used the conq costume on my witch. Even tho the conq costume is kinda lame too... better than a burlap sack. haha. 

BDO slave trade!

Yeah I would want that. 

I hear you can sell gold workers - not sure if that true - but saw it in genral chat.

But I wanna breed my slaves, and not have them die like the pets do from over fcking :P

Posted

Who said anything about 9% exp, i just wanna breed them pets! like my horses - next i wanna breed my workers - then get access to Human workers including females one and then breed them like a slave master, then sell them off.

BTW - you don't need a horse to get around, its not a feature - by your logic - 

You did when you said pets were part of the meta it implied that... My mistake, you just have no idea what that term means.

Feel free to cite a quote from me saying that things are not features because you don't need them. You either have me confused with someone else or didn't read.

Posted

Witch says to Wizard, "Ooooh, there's some lovely filth over 'ere!"

1 person likes this

Posted

Why do people like you think that just because something is insignificant in your eyes, that you can just discount it? 

I did not discount it; I said it's not significant enough to be a real part of the game's meta...

Is lack of reading comprehension epidemic or what?

Posted

"This game was damn near perfect, but..." Let me sing the complaining song of my people called whine nag i nag nag.

Posted

the sack my witch wears just enhances the beauty of her face imo.:)  i have costumes, but i have not used them since i rather enjoy looking like the natives.

Posted (edited)

This guy hit the nail on the head.

Daum is a greedy company, period.  They're charging $30 just so you can play the game - plus additional for Cash shop items.

That's like charging someone $30 to merely allow them inside a restaurant - and then additional $$ per dish/drink they order.  

It should have been either:

1) Free-to-play + Cash Shop.

This is like a standard restaurant and ordering dishes/drinks.  I don't have to pay merely to get inside.  In fact, I can leave, without spending a cent, as long as I haven't ordered anything. 

2) B2P/Sub

This is the "Buffet" type.  Pay $30 for all-you-can-eat.  No additional charge whatsoever.

Anything else is sheer greed.

Edited by Chocolat

Posted (edited)

Daum is a greedy company, period.  They're charging $30 just so you can play the game - plus additional for Cash shop items.

That's like charging someone $30 to merely allow them inside a restaurant - and then additional $$ per dish/drink they order.  

Sheer greed.

This is like going to a restaurant and ordering dishes/drinks.  I don't have to pay merely to get inside.  In fact, I can leave, without spending a cent, as long as I haven't ordered anything.

2) B2P/Sub

This is the "Buffet" type.  Pay $30 for all-you-can-eat.  No additional charge whatsoever.

if BDO goes f2p i am out.  f2p is when the rng boxes hit the cash shop most likely.

i came to BDO to experience something different and so far i am getting what i desired.

Edited by valencia

Posted

I'm glad to see someone else posting this now besides myself several times already. :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

Sheer greed.

This is like a standard restaurant and ordering dishes/drinks.  I don't have to pay merely to get inside.  In fact, I can leave, without spending a cent, as long as I haven't ordered anything. 

2) B2P/Sub

Lol no.

if it was 30$ all you can eat it would have been like, diarreah inducing, rotten disgusting food.