• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Grinding Class?

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, I'm looking for a class that is a strong grinder from 1-50+. I'll be making a separate character for PVP so it's not an issue, I want a class for grinding for leveling and for money grinding 50+.

I'm not interested in Warrior or Berserker/Giant.

Is there any classes that you think will good for what I'm looking for??

Posted

Wizard or Tamer

Posted

Which class do you think is less gear dependant? I understand gear is a big thing in this game but just on you're opinion?

Posted (edited)

I haven't a chance to test tamer but ye, wizard is self-sufficient, got skills to regain your MP and HP without using pots. Have some great aoe skills which makes grind easier and faster. I tested Warrior, Berzerk and Wizard on this beta and the last one was the best one. On next beta going to test another classes but im almost sure im going to start with Wizard at game release.

Every class is gear dependant, if u get your set and other stuff, there will be just one thing you can do better than others - enchantment as high as possible.

Edited by MAS

Posted

Every class is good. 

Posted

Each class have disadvantages and advantages :)

In my opinion it's depends on yours play style if you don't like melee combat Wizard or Archer should be better. If you got good latency on connection to server you can skip some of gear grinding only based on yours skill and secondly while you grind you get drops and quest equipment.

Posted

Hi, I'm looking for a class that is a strong grinder from 1-50+. I'll be making a separate character for PVP so it's not an issue, I want a class for grinding for leveling and for money grinding 50+.

Which class do you think is less gear dependant? I understand gear is a big thing in this game but just on you're opinion?

If you're feeling lazy, I would recommend Tamer as it shines in crowd control and your summon beast would kill things for you plus correct me if i'm wrong to whoever tried out Tamer as I have, your beast is not gear dependent but has its own stats itself via your skill tree. 

That's one point of view, now if you have ever decided to gear up this Tamer and participate during sieges / guild wars...

I'd let you try it for yourself on the next CBT. Look forward to it~

Posted

Thanks guys, I think I'll definitely try Tamer, I read that you can ride you're beast and it stops you being over encumbered would this be beneficial to grinding end game? 

Posted

Thanks guys, I think I'll definitely try Tamer, I read that you can ride you're beast and it stops you being over encumbered would this be beneficial to grinding end game? 

You can ride your mount at level 49, Tamer has the most aoes, the beast agros its own set of mobs and you can agro your own this means a bigger aoe group since there is a limited number of mobs you can aoe. Tamer is very good for farming/grinding but is very poor in Pvp there is a new weapon set and changed to tamer (awakened weapon) its a rod which give tamer a higher dmg output and hopefully makes the class pvp ready. Currently only available awaken weapons are for warrior sorc and just recently giant next is ranger which is two x daggers. If the rates stay the same the fastest leveling classes will be Witch/Wizard and Tamer as Ranger sucks till higher level. Valk and Warrior are good but don't have many aoes.

but if you want to pvp (this game is mostly grinding and pvp. 
Ranger is king
Warrior /Valk is good can take out any class 
Giant spin to win
Witch/Wizard (Poor in 1v1, good in groups)
Sorc (good 1v1, shit in groups)
Tamer (over all poor in pvp)

I would say tamer is a good starting class if you want to farm out gear and stuff for other classes 

1 person likes this

Posted

Giant spin to win

how is that good in pvp? you can just get range on that attack and it moves slowly (as ranged)

warrior can block/grab you on it....

Posted

Tamer seemed super easy to grind after level 20, grab a pack of mobs, hold down 1 button, and they all dead. I was only level 26 so I don't know if it changes later.

Posted

Tamer seemed super easy to grind after level 20, grab a pack of mobs, hold down 1 button, and they all dead. I was only level 26 so I don't know if it changes later.

The difficulty changes will be present at lvl 30-ish. I left my Tamer character at lvl 37 before the CBT ended within the duration of 5 days or approximately 40 hours. If you weren't paying attention about upgrading your equipment or slotting gems, you'd find the grind quite challenging from this point. However, if you're a skill-based player eg you know how to dodge / attack effectively this shouldn't be a problem.

The utmost problem you'd find yourself into is the PK system. Red players or people who simply wanted to PK you for no apparent reason.

Posted

Ranger or Wizard/Witch for sure. All the Range and AoE you'll ever need. Both great on horseback too. 

Posted

I heard Valk is decent at grinding also. Wizard/Witch especially. 

- Jeasy

Posted

Not ranger that's for sure. They suck at grinding early on and eat alot of mana pots to keep grinding at top speed. You could grind slower and use less pots but it's just inefficient.

I'd go for wizard they hands down grind the fastest. Also if you end up picking a class that's not good in group pvp you have a great group class you can play also.

Posted

none of the class gear dependant, gear/armor is only if you pvp , every mob in the game ignore your armor stats so instead of getting +100HP get +5 luck gear if you pve much.

Posted

wizard could be a lil too squishy, if you wanna grind 55/56+, or you have to pay more attention on ur armors than weapon ;)

giant spin to win, drinks more pots than a beer :(

ranger ftw :D or tamer

1 person likes this

Posted

from my perspective:
Wizard/Witch > Tamer > Zerker > Ranger > Blader/Plum=Ninja/Kun > Valkiria > Sorc > Warrior

Posted

how is that good in pvp? you can just get range on that attack and it moves slowly (as ranged)

warrior can block/grab you on it....

The Zerker also has a lot of grabs, the spin is good for PvE more than PvP, although if your opponent is on the floor spinning is always good. ;)

Posted (edited)

You will need to have one class for both grinding and PvP. This is primarily because you need to grind out levels, skill points, and other things on your PVP Character in order to keep up (the grind will be non stop). This is a game where you play one character and devote all your time to it. You can't just PvP on one and never play it outside of that. You'll be way behind in a lot of ways.

Edited by Leiloni
2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0