• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

You want longer leveling time?

300 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ok I am too lazy to use matlab for this so bare with me and take a look at this picture I made using office in 2 minutes

stupid_people.thumb.png.d47335c5c1f3ae6f

now tell me why u, a level 20, is trying to increase leveling time again?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/3pu40j/current_aspects_of_leveling_on_the_kr_server_and/ 

So I'll just leave this here: 

1 - 50 is  ~ 8 hours 

50 -52 is  ~ 10 hours

52 - 55 is  ~ 15 - 25 hours 

55 - 56 is  ~ 15 - 30 hours 

56 - 57 is  ~ 25 - 50 hours 

57 - 58 is  ~ 75 - 100 hours 

58 - 59 is  ~ 150 - 200 hours   

59 - 60 is  ~ 300 hours

... and that's with KR xp rates. It takes 28 - 38 hours of pure grinding for 1 - 50 on NA.  (Circe)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Weenie in a bottle
Added the actual time needed to level credits to Circe
26 people like this

Posted

For a lot of people not used to sandbox games, the leveling is the purpose of playing, especially when BDO currently has such a limited end game. Many do not want to reach that end game with the perception of having nothing to do once they get there, so want to extend the length of the journey rather than reach the destination faster.

16 people like this

Posted (edited)

so you drew some squares on something... cool bro.. without numbers to use a metric for how the scaling is. this graph really doesnt do much... its obvious the time it takes and experience it takes at higher levels is more... sooo whats your justification???

I dont really care if leveling gets harder or easier. my main focus is Some players or most players. WIll invest literally THOUSANDS of hours into this game... and if it takes 30 hours instead of 15 to get to end game.... i dont really care. seeing as i bet the Majority of most peoples thousands of hours will been spent sitting in town... afk fishing... afk trade routing.... 

I dont mind the fact that 1% of my total hours played by the time i quit this game will have been spent leveling up.. (at least 1-50)

Edited by Stego
6 people like this

Posted

I want KR rates, maybe slightly slower for 1-50.

12 people like this

Posted

For a lot of people not used to sandbox games, the leveling is the purpose of playing, especially when BDO currently has such a limited end game. Many do not want to reach that end game with the perception of having nothing to do once they get there, so want to extend the length of the journey rather than reach the destination faster.

I did not draw a box on 50-60 because it is absurdly large... but yea, from what I know, with KR's easier leveling curve, most people are not even level 56 after a year of playing.

so you drew some squares on something... cool bro.. without numbers to use a metric for how the scaling is. this graph really doesnt do much... its obvious the time it takes and experience it takes at higher levels is more... sooo whats your justification???

I dont really care if leveling gets harder or easier. my main focus is Some players or most players. WIll invest literally THOUSANDS of hours into this game... and if it takes 30 hours instead of 15 to get to end game.... i dont really care. seeing as i bet the Majority of most peoples thousands of hours will been spent sitting in town... afk fishing... afk trade routing.... 

I dont mind the fact that 1% of my total hours played by the time i quit this game will have been spent leveling up.. (at least 1-50)

I'll quote myself here

lvl 1-20 is a BREEZE, it should take you no longer than 2-3 hrs. 20-30 should take ~4-6hrs, 30-40 took me 12+ hrs, you see that exponential curve? Now think about 40-50 (YAY done with TUTORIAL!), and then 50+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++. Assuming that lvling up is way too easy based on the initial assumption of how the lvling was at low level is extremely foolish.

Like I have said in many threads, before you say the leveling is too easy, go make a level 50 before you tell me that. Don't go "oh its cbt, i rather test out other stuff.". Since its so easy to lvl to 50, why not do it first eh? Everyone who actually grinded to high levels in order to get a feel of the leveling curve (apparently casuals) are calling out for a easier curve whereas every low level "hardcore gamer" is calling for an increase lol....

If you did not get to level 50, you do not know how much of a grind it is. Btw, 50-51 takes around the same exp required to get from 1-50 :) Now tell me more about why you want to increase the leveling curve. Oh and may i mention 60% of the map is made for lvl 50+

12 people like this

Posted

Again... your stating facts that is the same within all games..... there is a leveling curve... yes it exists... and you want it to be smaller... for what purpose??? the average player quits most MMO's due to lack of content and the Average player is widely considered a PVE player. so thats already working against BDO in serveral ways. However that being said with pvp the "focus" of BDO the fact that people are going to be hitting 50 within a few days of launch rather then within a few hours... and sieges wont be in game at launch plus other features.... you getting to max level 20 hours slower then what you want... does what??? like we are no joke talking about a extra day or 2 setback in a game you will invest years into.... i feel we are microscoping this to much.... look at the bigger picture. MOST players if rushed to max level will quit within months due to lack of content.

Especially players who dont enjoy professions or crafting for them there is literally nothing except for hitting the 50-60 longest grind of their life. I feel their decision to make the NA version a longer grind was derived from the overall experiences most NA players have with other MMO's.

Lets put it this way. If the exp rates go unchanged... are you gonna not play it??? no your still going to play.. your gonna pout and whine... and in a extra day you will be max lvl.., and realize wow... argueing about exp rates for 2 months prior to launch was kinda dumb considering i spent more time argueing the subject then it actually affecting my gameplay

3 people like this

Posted

you getting to max level 20 hours slower then what you want... does what???

I think the normal time to get from 1-50 in korea is 8 hrs with speed grinding. 1-50 in NA is 28 hrs . So you are suggesting that the leveling curve, which is already 350% of what it currently is in Kr, to get increased even further? After 1 year of casually playing, most people are around lvl 56, and now you suggest that the majority of our population should only reach 56 after playing for 3.5 years? I am not whining, I am just finding it ridiculous how stupid some people are.

14 people like this

Posted

I think IMO BDO is the only game that can level 1-50 FAST in less time. so idk why people are complaining about it xD

Posted

50-60 is off the charts lol. There was 1 english player to hit it, I think 2 or 3 in total after nonstop grinding (about a month ago ofc) ... and that's with KR xp rates.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/3pu40j/current_aspects_of_leveling_on_the_kr_server_and/ 

1 - 50 is  ~ 8 hours 

50 -52 is  ~ 10 hours

59 - 60 is  ~ 300 hours

... and that's with KR xp rates. It takes 28 - 38 hours of pure grinding for 1 - 50 on NA. 

Don't worry guys, the grind will be here. The average player will be running around 5 levels below competitive.    

4 people like this

Posted

I think the normal time to get from 1-50 in korea is 8 hrs with speed grinding. 1-50 in NA is 28 hrs . So you are suggesting that the leveling curve, which is already 350% of what it currently is in Kr, to get increased even further? After 1 year of casually playing, most people are around lvl 56, and now you suggest that the majority of our population should only reach 56 after playing for 3.5 years? I am not whining, I am just finding it ridiculous how stupid some people are.

I wouldn't call some people stupid, just unaware.  These are the people who do not know that they can complete all the quests they want, they simply wont level past the second town without killing mobs.

Let them take their time.  Let them progress their professions.  What they do not know and realize again is that no matter how many fish you catch, armor you make, bread you bake, nodes you gather from.  You'll still be the same level.  This is AFAIK, I maybe wrong and you do get actual leveling EXP from that stuff.

Once they figure out that they have to kill mobs in order to level, and it goes their way of making leveling longer, that's when you can call them stupid.  But maybe 90% of them don't come to forums anyway.

Anyway, personally, I want the fast leveling.  After watching some leveling on the the KR streams, I'm pretty jelly.

2 people like this

Posted

Again... your stating facts that is the same within all games..... there is a leveling curve... yes it exists... and you want it to be smaller... for what purpose??? the average player quits most MMO's due to lack of content and the Average player is widely considered a PVE player. so thats already working against BDO in serveral ways. However that being said with pvp the "focus" of BDO the fact that people are going to be hitting 50 within a few days of launch rather then within a few hours... and sieges wont be in game at launch plus other features.... you getting to max level 20 hours slower then what you want... does what??? like we are no joke talking about a extra day or 2 setback in a game you will invest years into.... i feel we are microscoping this to much.... look at the bigger picture. MOST players if rushed to max level will quit within months due to lack of content.

Especially players who dont enjoy professions or crafting for them there is literally nothing except for hitting the 50-60 longest grind of their life. I feel their decision to make the NA version a longer grind was derived from the overall experiences most NA players have with other MMO's.

Lets put it this way. If the exp rates go unchanged... are you gonna not play it??? no your still going to play.. your gonna pout and whine... and in a extra day you will be max lvl.., and realize wow... argueing about exp rates for 2 months prior to launch was kinda dumb considering i spent more time argueing the subject then it actually affecting my gameplay

found another guy that never played the game before

5 people like this

Posted

This topic again... Alright lets give it an in detail breakdown. 

Experience gain rates should be increased.  This game is meant for 50+ content.  It's also meant for PvP.    Can you PvE in it? yes. Can you Craft? yes.  Is there plenty for a non pvp oriented player to do? Yes.  But the action combat system is the staple of this game. There are no intricate world bosses or "field bosses" that pose any challenge to a decent player in BDO as of right now.    The mechanics for the bosses don't challenge the classes and the only other form of combat is mindlessly killing mobX for 4-5 hours at a time.  PvP is where this game lives. Its the residential address and the longer it takes for players to get there, the more people are going to get frustrated and put off by the game.  

There are far too many gamers that make their decision on a game within the first  few days of playing, and if they never reach the engaging parts of the main draw for the game, they won't stay to experience what the game has to offer which decreases the community population as a whole.  Is that the right way to judge a game? I don't think so, but its what people do.    Stating that there is a lack of content if you reach cap too fast is absurd and frankly the opposite of the truth.  The majority of content in the game is at 50+.   Go play any other version of the game and you will find this to be true.  

You could argue that allowing PvP at lower levels would acclimate players to the combat system and show them a preview of whats to come, and it sounds good.  But its not true. 
Ask just about anyone that played KR(the original version of the game where we get our updates from and the version that shares our publisher daum) and they will tell you the same, the classes that were released after the initial release were built to grind faster and are significantly stronger than other classes in lower levels.   Allowing lower levels to pvp just shows them a horribly imbalanced slug fest with classes like Valkyrie or Wizard destroying the competition undisputed because they have skills that can only be countered by abilities the other classes don't obtain until level 50+.  

The easy answer is to just reduce the time needed to reach 50+.  

17 people like this

Posted

This has nothing to do with players getting bored too fast in game then leaving. Adding a longer grind to gain levels is not content. Getting to level 50 two days earlier doesn't change that. 

Regardless what exp curve is used there is a ton of stuff to grind until you die of old age in Black Desert. Artificial content (grind) is plentiful enough in Black Desert without the added experience in NA compared to KR.

There is nothing wrong with arguing this point. If the OP succeeds it's a few less days  spent on each alt grinding the same mobs over and over again. I'd be happy if PA turned all mobs below 50 into 50+ mobs and started players at level 50 already. It makes the world much much bigger for players and the need for more channels is reduced. (Essentially turn lvl 50 into level 1.)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Phantom

Edited by Phantom
2 people like this

Posted

PvP is where this game lives. Its the residential address and the longer it takes for players to get there, the more people are going to get frustrated and put off by the game.  

There are far too many gamers that make their decision on a game within the first  few days of playing, and if they never reach the engaging parts of the main draw for the game, they won't stay to experience what the game has to offer which decreases the community population as a whole.  Is that the right way to judge a game? I don't think so, but its what people do.    Stating that there is a lack of content if you reach cap too fast is absurd and frankly the opposite of the truth.  The majority of content in the game is at 50+.   Go play any other version of the game and you will find this to be true.  

I had to quote this because it's the truth and very well put.

Posted

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, this is the impression i got from the devs post. But as it stands now, the experience you earn doing quests and kills to complete the quests aren’t getting you to the next level. All level 10 quests will not get you to level 11, so you need to kill extra mobs to get to level 11.  This becomes more noticeable the higher level you are (more of a grind).  So, as long as the exp curve is corrected to match the quests , I will be happy. I myself got to lvl 40 and I definitely saw the slowdown around lvl 30.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This topic again... Alright lets give it an in detail breakdown. 

Experience gain rates should be increased.  This game is meant for 50+ content.  It's also meant for PvP.    Can you PvE in it? yes. Can you Craft? yes.  Is there plenty for a non pvp oriented player to do? Yes.  But the action combat system is the staple of this game. There are no intricate world bosses or "field bosses" that pose any challenge to a decent player in BDO as of right now.    The mechanics for the bosses don't challenge the classes and the only other form of combat is mindlessly killing mobX for 4-5 hours at a time.  PvP is where this game lives. Its the residential address and the longer it takes for players to get there, the more people are going to get frustrated and put off by the game.  

You could argue that allowing PvP at lower levels would acclimate players to the combat system and show them a preview of whats to come, and it sounds good.  But its not true. 
Ask just about anyone that played KR(the original version of the game where we get our updates from and the version that shares our publisher daum) and they will tell you the same, the classes that were released after the initial release were built to grind faster and are significantly stronger than other classes in lower levels.   Allowing lower levels to pvp just shows them a horribly imbalanced slug fest with classes like Valkyrie or Wizard destroying the competition undisputed because they have skills that can only be countered by abilities the other classes don't obtain until level 50+.  

The easy answer is to just reduce the time needed to reach 50+.  

sadly I have no likes left

This has nothing to do with players getting bored too fast in game then leaving. Adding a longer grind to gain levels is not content. Getting to level 50 two days earlier doesn't change that. 

Regardless what exp curve is used there is a ton of stuff to grind until you die of old age in Black Desert. Artificial content (grind) is plentiful enough in Black Desert without the added experience in NA compared to KR.

There is nothing wrong with arguing this point. If the OP succeeds it's a few less days  spent on each alt grinding the same mobs over and over again. I'd be happy if PA turned all mobs below 50 into 50+ mobs and started players at level 50 already. It makes the world much much bigger for players and the need for more channels is reduced. (Essentially turn lvl 50 into level 1.)

can only agree, it would be nice to just dump 1-50 all together, but then we'd not have a tutorial for the class mechanics, which for everyone that doesn't know consists of the first 50 lvl

Edited by Koinzell

Posted

Well, based on CBT1, it will take me

5-10 minutes to start having fun...

everything after that will happen as it happens.

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, this is the impression i got from the devs post. But as it stands now, the experience you earn doing quests and kills to complete the quests aren’t getting you to the next level. All level 10 quests will not get you to level 11, so you need to kill extra mobs to get to level 11.  This becomes more noticeable the higher level you are (more of a grind).  So, as long as the exp curve is corrected to match the quests , I will be happy. I myself got to lvl 40 and I definitely saw the slowdown around lvl 30.

yes, the main story quest would not be enough to level you up, but if you pick up quests while you are pathing around doing your main quests, you should have no troubles with running out of quests like ever. Also, quests stop giving exp at the later part of the game, they will only reward contribution points. And yeah, the slow down is extremely noticeable at 30-31, especially the change from blood monastery to kurume 

Edited by Weenie in a bottle

Posted

No offense, but this post terrifies me. This entire mentality is something I have seen spreading far and wide among these forums and while I can understand the thought process behind it, I think it is pretty unfair to those individuals that this game was geared towards from the very beginning. Black Desert in and of itself is a pvp based game. It is one of the only mmo's I have seen with this kind of potential to reach a mass market in ages. People are swarming to it because its gorgeous; because its character creation is unmatchable; because its lore is new and creative. I am aware of all of this and its all good. But to behave as if this game was built for those players that are more interested in pve then pvp is just untrue. You stating that you are concerned leveling will be too short and the experience of leveling is literally considered "content" to you just leads me to believe that you have not truly researched this game and are trying to make it into something it was never meant to be for your own convienence and entertainment. Granted, this game was created for entertainment purposes, but I wouldn't buy a hair dryer and use it to toast bread and then when someone complained that they wished it dryed their hair faster somehow argue that if it was changed it would burn their toast. Please. End game in this game IS the game. The reason that people are coming to the forums to push for the leveling curve to be moved more towards KR's is for good reason. You even bring up good arguments -for- this move by trying to argue against it. You mention the fact that sieges will not be available for the first month. How many of you that are stating this as an excuse for leveling to be slow have been involved in a siege and know what is required? Do you understand that once you hit level 50 you also have to gear that character? This takes time. Group tactics and excelling at pvp takes time. You are arguing for the opportunity to pve, farm, craft versus allowing those that intend to fully immerse themselves in what this game is really about (ya know, pvp and sieges) to do so appropriately with the correct tactics and gear in the time allowed before its release. 

14 people like this

Posted

No offense, but this post terrifies me. This entire mentality is something I have seen spreading far and wide among these forums and while I can understand the thought process behind it, I think it is pretty unfair to those individuals that this game was geared towards from the very beginning. Black Desert in and of itself is a pvp based game. It is one of the only mmo's I have seen with this kind of potential to reach a mass market in ages. People are swarming to it because its gorgeous; because its character creation is unmatchable; because its lore is new and creative. I am aware of all of this and its all good. But to behave as if this game was built for those players that are more interested in pve then pvp is just untrue. You stating that you are concerned leveling will be too short and the experience of leveling is literally considered "content" to you just leads me to believe that you have not truly researched this game and are trying to make it into something it was never meant to be for your own convienence and entertainment. Granted, this game was created for entertainment purposes, but I wouldn't buy a hair dryer and use it to toast bread and then when someone complained that they wished it dryed their hair faster somehow argue that if it was changed it would burn their toast. Please. End game in this game IS the game. The reason that people are coming to the forums to push for the leveling curve to be moved more towards KR's is for good reason. You even bring up good arguments -for- this move by trying to argue against it. You mention the fact that sieges will not be available for the first month. How many of you that are stating this as an excuse for leveling to be slow have been involved in a siege and know what is required? Do you understand that once you hit level 50 you also have to gear that character? This takes time. Group tactics and excelling at pvp takes time. You are arguing for the opportunity to pve, farm, craft versus allowing those that intend to fully immerse themselves in what this game is really about (ya know, pvp and sieges) to do so appropriately with the correct tactics and gear in the time allowed before its release. 

this virgin post is spot on

Posted (edited)

50-60 is off the charts lol. There was 1 english player to hit it, I think 2 or 3 in total after nonstop grinding (about a month ago ofc) ... and that's with KR xp rates.

1 - 50 is  ~ 8 hours 

50 -52 is  ~ 10 hours

59 - 60 is  ~ 300 hours

... and that's with KR xp rates. It takes 28 - 38 hours of pure grinding for 1 - 50 on NA. 

Don't worry guys, the grind will be here. The average player will be running around 5 levels below competitive.    

That information is completely wrong, or with the last updates Daum made the mobs in Korea to suicide when they see a player ;) And everybody ask for less grind - so longer, but entertaining experience curve.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

Korea had 2 Expansions: Media (lvl 51-56) and Valencia (lvl 56-60). So of course like in every other MMO they would make the Vanilla version(1-50) easier to level through.

Just as an example. RU BDO got Blader on December 2nd. Today is december 24th and heres a link to a guy with a lvl 56 Blader on RU BDO server.

http://www.twitch.tv/saymuseee

It's fast.

BDO RU has the worst XP ever!!!

He just forced level when the Blader come out, because they gave a super XB boost, that was amazing to level up, now you can't even reach level 51, it's REALLY hard

Posted

Gosh it's insane for me that ppl are complaining about 30-40 hours to get max level. I still have memory of raising magic resistance in T2A or leveling in DaoC Pre Shrouded Island(25 day played of pure grinding  in dungeons). You guy have it easy. AHh Anyway.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I find it a bit short sighted for anyone to claim that BDO's aim is a PvP focus when the sheer level and depth of PvE features goes beyond almost anything I've seen in any MMO, from crafting to lore gathering, horse taming to farming and fishing to alchemy. I mean fuck, if anything the PvE is the focus because of how much innovation there is there. Everything about the PvP in BDO I've seen before elsewhere, but the PvE systems are mind blowing

This is like the people in AA who claim AA is a 100% PvP focused game despuite the myriad of PvE features compared to the PvP features. It's simply not true

To claim BDO has any one singular focus is short sighted and absurd. If you truly believe BDO's focus is "mainly PvP" than you, good sir, are the naive one. I believe BDO's aim is to strike a fair balance between both PvP and PvE

Fluid combat and the ability to PK does not mean that PvP is the focus of the title, it just means PvP is a fun option.

Edited by Rapthorne
5 people like this