• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

cooking Cooking Ingredients - Quality

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Recently scrolling through the suggestion posts i came across the comment,

"If there was an incentive to use high price fish for cooking, by example scale cooking results dependent of quality of fish" by Le_Flemard in the suggestion. "Can we have market price locks removed?"

I thought it was a rather good point as there are a heap of high quality dried fish that nobody buys because of the prices on them with rather small uses for them.

-the suggestion is simple put it that when we use high quality meat ingredients like fish, that it acts like crops such as "Special Wheat" which counts as 5 or so of the ingredient. or that the item that gets cooked is of a higher grade.

Thanks

Posted

I think it would be simpler to state that if an item is "processed" that it becomes a standardized state.  

There should only be Wheat Flour.

Never Wheat Flour, High Quality Wheat Flour, and Special Wheat Flour.

(before anyone comments I know that those examples don't exist)

I am merely stating that you can have unique and special levels of Raw materials, but after initial processing they should all be standardized.  This would simplify confusion and make it easier to understand recipes and crafting.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am merely stating that you can have unique and special levels of Raw materials, but after initial processing they should all be standardized.  This would simplify confusion and make it easier to understand recipes and crafting.

i understand that i'm just suggesting that say a Dried Grunt be worth more for recipes than a Dried Sandeel

Posted

They're already useful in recipes:

1 fresh white => 2 dried white => 1 dried green

1 fresh green => 4 dried white => 2 dried green => 1 dried blue

Only thing I want is that once the fish is dried they retain their coloured borders for ease of reference, so you can see their quality without having to remember every fish. Like when you're purchasing off the market place for example.

(I was going to make a separate suggestion post for this but it seemed appropriate in here)

1 person likes this

Posted

perhaps a generic "dried fish" category would be relevant?

1 person likes this

Posted

perhaps a generic "dried fish" category would be relevant?

Your suggestion nullifies the value of the fish in cooking recipes. The same system that all other items with the white, green, blue quality standards use.

If you were to dry a fish in real life, it doesn't devalue the quality of the fish which is what you're asking for in the name of simplification.

Posted

not really, a higher quality just produces more. for less.   now if you used the fresh fish it would be different.

Posted

not really, a higher quality just produces more. for less.   now if you used the fresh fish it would be different.

So what your saying is once you dry a fish it simply becomes "Dried Fish" while retaining it's quality (white/green/blue). Again, this is simplifying the current system when there is a use for dried fish varieties. Dried fish is currently used in trading by making boxes of them in houses. The value of these trade boxes is directly related to the individual type of dried fish.

Posted (edited)

I appoligise, what I mean to say more "specifically" is that there should be an option to convert a fish into it's relative worth of dry fish.  Think processed meats.   Where as you could still retain a fish for the purposes of trade boxes.  Which in my experience are grossly underpriced.  Unless I'm missing something.

This is where a large green, blue or other high level would become more "dried fish" as a generic stackable instead of a limited named.

Edited by Tallios