• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CHAT ENERGY

31 posts in this topic

Posted

I hope this was just a beta limitation to prevent crushing the chat feed. Often I intended to provide answers to peoples questions in chat but pretty much spent beta on 0 energy and the chat cost was pretty hard trade off while trying all the different aspects?

0 cost chat would be most helpful for next session if possible.

1 person likes this

Posted

The problem is then people spam chat. It's all too common in MMOs without some sort of item to allow world chat. It was prevelant in CBT plenty of times. Someone spamming the same thing over and over. Unless someone actively moderates the chat then that person will endlessly spam with 0 energy cost. I understand the frustration but why not whisper the person? I am sure they'd be able to see it. Besides channel chat can be hectic and many people talking about different things at once can get confusing. Whispering someone is the best approach. 

Posted

I loved the chat energy stuff, coz damn I hate those F2P mmo spammers that shout the worst things over and over again, or just go on and on and monologue some crap no one cares about.. or sings some song in chat that's an instant ear worm.. Oh wait, that's why I just turn off Map/Global/Channel chats lol. 

Either way, I think the system to keep people from spamming everyone else is awesome.. in fact it should take even more energy to chat in the channel tab so then people would ONLY say important, game related things. 

Friendships can be made in general chat, clan, guild, or whisper lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would only suggest that the character limit be increased, it seems artificially low for it costing energy (which I'm ok with).

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, I'm fine with it costing energy as well.

Posted

I just figured that dedicated spammers who are doing no crafting, gathering etc were the ones who would have the most energy to spam while people who wanted to engage in game discussion while gathering, fishing, mining which mostly take long enough to read and bash out a few sentences were least able to be involved

Posted

i think it should cost 3 points.

i know why its in place, starter accounts gold spam / trash talk go's out the window if it cost energy, and now that it cost energy for every part of any type of crafting why would you waste energy spamming chat?

Posted

World Chat using energy, works well.  It prevents having to store buy "trumpets" and helps prevent spam.

I don't mind the system as it is....

However, several times when I went to answer a question in chat, I had no energy thanks to the fact that everything else uses energy.

I was able to answer a person (singular) via whisper... but then 30s later someone else asked the same question, when they could have seen the answer in world chat.

I wish we could create our own channels, like in Perfect World.

Posted

I like the energy cost thing also, definitely cuts out a lot of the spamming. If I asked a question (which I did a BUNCH) When I got a reply I then whispered for followup.  Was never a huge issue for me.

Posted

I agree with the majority of other people here, keep the energy cost for world chat. Spammers aside, I also hate it when friends use it as their own personal chat. Party up, whisper your buddy, or use guild chat if it is available. When people are asking legit questions, we don't need spam about your life flooding out answers.

Whether or not I respond to world chat questions depends entirely on how fast it is moving. If my answer will be flooded out before anyone can see it, I'll just whisper the person. Yes, open responses do eat energy, but I also have a bed for a reason. Unlike all the afk fishers, I actually spend that time recouping energy at home. If I want to fish, I'll do it manually.

Posted

The problem is then people spam chat. It's all too common in MMOs without some sort of item to allow world chat. It was prevelant in CBT plenty of times. Someone spamming the same thing over and over. Unless someone actively moderates the chat then that person will endlessly spam with 0 energy cost. I understand the frustration but why not whisper the person? I am sure they'd be able to see it. Besides channel chat can be hectic and many people talking about different things at once can get confusing. Whispering someone is the best approach. 

Yeah, know what happens when people spam over and over? Report them for spamming, and add them to ignore.

Come one people, are you seriously this stupid?

1 person likes this

Posted

For the sake of compromise, I wouldn't mind seeing chat being energy based on a progressive scale.  Getting a trade skill up to apprentice level could reduce the energy cost.  Getting your character up to level 50 could reduce it too.  You can even have them work cumulatively for each character (not account wide), with the possibility of energy for chatting eventually being reduced to nothing.  It should still discourage spamming, and there would still be fewer names to block/ignore.

Posted

Energy Cost is to low they should make it the more you use it the more expensive it becomes

just a fast paint coudnt find wordt to make tabel :P i think some sort of system like this will decrease spamm and Trolling around

MSG.png

Posted

Don't forget is not a chatting mmo if you want chat with someone use whisper, I think increase the cost is not a bad idea. Who got a good reason to send a message to anyone it must cost more than one energy

Posted

Even with the chat energy cost, the beta was already pretty abusive, and sometimes even went toxic, because they were just fishing and had nothing else to use energy on so they were actively bored and felt like making themselves look cool...

If anything I'd like to see the energy cost ramp up per message, it's global chat across all channels and everyone is exposed to it, just imagine how many gold spammers there will be in 2 months when it goes from B2P to F2P (we don't have trade why would they spam!, Skyforge doesn't have trade at all, and the GoldSpammers were flooding every single area of the game that didn't require a high level to enter)

Posted

I think they should leave the energy as it is to combat spam and remove the energy cost from doing stuff like processing. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Even with the chat energy cost, the beta was already pretty abusive, and sometimes even went toxic, because they were just fishing and had nothing else to use energy on so they were actively bored and felt like making themselves look cool...

If anything I'd like to see the energy cost ramp up per message, it's global chat across all channels and everyone is exposed to it, just imagine how many gold spammers there will be in 2 months when it goes from B2P to F2P (we don't have trade why would they spam!, Skyforge doesn't have trade at all, and the GoldSpammers were flooding every single area of the game that didn't require a high level to enter)

Wait, you do realize that the game isn't going to be F2P? 

http://black-desert.com/news/press-release-black-desert-west-will-be-b2p/

Posted

Energy is fairly easy to replenish and encourages only talking in world chat for something a bit more important.  If it costed contribution, I would have a problem, but it's only energy  I would prefer a system ontop of the energy cost that increases in cost the more you spam/type in world chat.  Keep the whispers and stuff free.

Posted (edited)

Keep the energy cost for channel chat. Even increase it, as it is obviously not high enough to prevent stupidity and trolling.

All the brainless "HEE HAW" spam made me turn channel chat off altogether (which I obviously was not the only one to do), which is sad. I noticed that a lot of questions from newcomers were left unanswered, most likely because people turned channel chat off to avoid the brainless spam.

5 Energy per message should be ok. Think carefully what you're going to say in channel chat.

Edited by FliP
fixed typo
1 person likes this

Posted

@Jade_Hand there were discussions saying it's going F2P after the first 2 months, most games like this with a cash shop don't stay B2P forever, Rift for example, Tera had a B2P Package for a while. Don't assume because a company getting some cash say they will never ever go F2P, that their publishers or backers don't ever turn around and tell them to shift to F2P and increase cash shop costs.

Posted (edited)

@Jade_Hand there were discussions saying it's going F2P after the first 2 months, most games like this with a cash shop don't stay B2P forever, Rift for example, Tera had a B2P Package for a while. Don't assume because a company getting some cash say they will never ever go F2P, that their publishers or backers don't ever turn around and tell them to shift to F2P and increase cash shop costs.

Not to say you are dumb, but that mindset is dumb.  Tera and Rift were P2P at release; not B2P.  There is almsot no data to suggest B2P revert to F2P, there is for P2P to F2P/B2P but not B2P to anything else.  GW2 was the only B2P that I remember and it released as one.  30-60 bucks is a lot cheaper to play for a year(We all know you can play the game longer) than 180(Total sub fees for a year).  That's why P2P usually fail, the players can't justify 180+ bucks for the content in the game, with B2P that expectation is a bit different and easier to afford.

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted

Increase the cost of talking in world chat.

1 person likes this

Posted

Increase the cost of talking in world chat.

Yes.  I want stricter chat costs.  People should have to think long and hard about wasting their chat energy on a Chuck Norris joke.  Also, Star Wars spoilers should secure you a special circle in hell.

Posted

Is there no Whisper in this game ? If someone ask a question in public chat, you could answer him iwith a whisper maybe ? 

Posted

Keep the energy cost for channel chat. Even increase it, as it is obviously not high enough to prevent stupidity and trolling.

All the brainless "HEE HAW" spam made me turn channel chat off altogether (which I obviously was not the only one to do), which is sad. I noticed that a lot of questions from newcomers were left unanswered, most likely because people turned channel chat off to avoid the brainless spam.

5 Energy per message should be ok. Think carefully what you're going to say in channel chat.

Agree with you-- because while I do love to help other people, I HATE channel/global/map chats.. and I tend to always close them, since they ultimately just make me feel pissed off about being distracted by all the idiots spamming and finding myself reading their crap and not playing the game as much.. TBH I think  games all together shouldn't have any kind of server-chat.. it takes away from the immersion.. If you have questions, instead of being lazy and just asking in chat.. try Google out and search for answers yourself, or ask in forums is my opinion. Then again, I'm one of those "I'll figure it out my damn self, and not even read the tutorial" types.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0