• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Failstacking on alts? Why?

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I heard that people failstack on their alts because the lower your karma, the higher your chance of failing an enchant, which makes it easier to get higher failstacks. But you cant transfer these stacks to your main right? So what is the point if your success chance in general is lower, even tho its easier to get failstacks? Are there 100% success chance for items based on failstacks or is it all luck every time? 

I'm just slightly confused as to what the point is if your success chance is lower, even tho you are getting failstacks more frequently, was just wondering if someone could point out why it's useful and use some examples

Posted

I would say no. Look at the character change Window. All character have their own failstack counter. If u fail stacking on your twink, it will be not transfered to your main.

If you have more luck, i would say it s harder to collect failstacks

Posted

I heard that people failstack on their alts because the lower your karma, the higher your chance of failing an enchant, which makes it easier to get higher failstacks. But you cant transfer these stacks to your main right? So what is the point if your success chance in general is lower, even tho its easier to get failstacks? Are there 100% success chance for items based on failstacks or is it all luck every time? 

I'm just slightly confused as to what the point is if your success chance is lower, even tho you are getting failstacks more frequently, was just wondering if someone could point out why it's useful and use some examples

karma relating to enchanting is a tinfoil hat theory as far as Ive heard..

Posted

You want to use a high failstack count on enchanting valuable accessories witch earrings, ogre belt and such.

Once your main has reached a high failstack count you put the item you want to enchant and the blackstones in the storage and log on an alt to do the enchanting there.

Repeat on a second alt if the first alt gets a high failstack count too.

Enchanting accessories is riskier than enchanting normal equipment like gloves or feet and you want to make sure the enchant succeeds.

If you fail on an accessory enchant both items will be destroyed.

Posted

I get you want high fail stacks for enchanting accessories. But what I'm wondering is if alts do have a higher chance of failing because their karma is low, I don't understand why you would bother enchanting anything valuable. Let's say my main with max karma has a 50% chance to succeed on enchants and my alt with little to no karma has 10%. Even tho it's easier to get fail stacks on the alt, isn't the bonus chance from high karma better? Again I'm not even sure the karma thing is true, but If it is, I don't see the point for using low karma alts for enchanting.