• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Forced PvP has ruined this game

884 posts in this topic

Posted

In any case. I hated that game, and hated it for ruining the guildwars franchise for me. It was nothing like GW1. 

The grind in GW2 is the typical grind in all other themepark MMOs. Boring, shallow, pointless... for barely any gain in power or stats.

I don't disagree here. Just stating some facts. I don't like gw2 anymore. Was fun at the start especially leveling you toons. But afterwards it got boring because endgame content is nearly non existent exvept of skin collecting and it all about spvp anyway

Posted

Or there could just be pvp enabled servers and pve enabled servers like most games do.....

Just curious, but what sense would there be in a BDO PVE server? You'd be playing with yourself since everything beside fighting is single player content. You can't even trade with other players, you trade with NPCs that set the price for you. Wouldn't it be more fun for you if you played a decent PVE sandbox instead where you actually can change the world and work together on crafting projects with friends instead of BDO where you live in an instance and only work/trade with NPCs?

Not meaning to offend, I am really curious, I've enjoyed my share of PVE sandboxes and really wonder why you would play BDO for PVE when there are titles that really shine in the PVE field and allow multiplayer/team play.

Posted

2. If thats true, why do people get so mad about open world pvp? Can't they just lv up by doing everything else than go do pve the way they want?( as I said before I did not start playing yet)3+4. well point 2 would eliminate everything in my opinion.

Because they are upset.
I would be too if I just wanted to play the game how I wanted without having/needing/wanting to deal with other peoples shit.
And to that, as I've said before, if you can not handle it, this may not be the game for you. Up until it changes.

Posted

Well i'm glad to hear you're still planning to play^^

It's got to be tough creating the right balance so PvP is encouraged while creating some sort of safety for those not ready or not capable to defend themselves. This is one of the reasons Media patch is better for those players. A bigger world essentially means more hiding places. Personally, i believe the right balance can not include some sort of complete freedom from PvP like a toggle. The correct balance should allow both players to do as they please with systems in place to limit the possible abuse. On the surface i know that it sounds like PvE players are getting the shaft but we have to look at the big picture. PvE players have safe zones, they have karma, guild protection etc, there are systems in place working for those players. The same way there are systems in place like guild wars to let the PKers defend territory.

well I will see for myself than. Beware of upcoming rant :D

But as you see, you are one of the people that argue in a respectful manner. while I see many others just starting to troll and think less of you if you just give out an opinion. I know it can be anoying to hear the whining but this is making things toxic. Splitting a community is not a good thing... and I for myself think that gw2 did a pretty good  thing because its community is way less toxic or hateful than most other mmos ive seen nowadays. That may have changed a bit, but still I hope this discussions won't drag into a stupid war which kind of seems to become.

Posted

No it was not!

The game had a big bold headline saying Open world PvP on the website for months.

Posted

Because they are upset.I would be too if I just wanted to play the game how I wanted without having/needing/wanting to deal with other peoples shit.
And to that, as I've said before, if you can not handle it, this may not be the game for you. Up until it changes.

lel than I don't mind pvp at all. If there are ways to get gear and lv to improve yourself in pve/pvp so you won't get ambushed that easy I don't mind at all. ty for the information. 

Posted

PvE server,,,, Lol. Coming from Aion1.0+  i already find this game is VERY friendly to carebears wanting to pve only.. 

I mean this is a goddamn open world pvp game grow a pair or gtfo xD

Posted

I don't like gw2 anymore. Was fun at the start especially leveling you toons. But afterwards it got boring because endgame content is nearly non existent exvept of skin collecting and it all about spvp anyway

And you like this game still? (considering it has less content in every regard)

Posted

lel than I don't mind pvp at all. If there are ways to get gear and lv to improve yourself in pve/pvp so you won't get ambushed that easy I don't mind at all. ty for the information. 

There are. The majority of the "Gear imbalance" topics on these forums are bullshit, as everyone in the game has every means at which to get to +15. When +20 is released, depending on how they release it (Forced success system or not, though more than likely not), it will start to become more of an issue.

But at this point in the game, for people to say there is a gear imbalance makes no sense.
I argue against class imbalance as well, as every class has a direct and moderate counter.

Also, np.

1 person likes this

Posted

And you like this game still? (considering it has less content in every regard)

if you mean with this game "BDO" than I can't answer that yet, because I did not start to play it. (Waiting for Blader) I just played it in the CB1 for couple days. Was fun but I just did couple lvls because knight was boring as -----.

Posted

GW2's content is dying quickly, there only saving grace at this point is PvP and Raids. WvW has been destroyed beyond belief and the general PvE in the game is horrid now.

dropped over 500$ into gw2 and im salty lol

Posted

God, these topics are hilarious.

This is an MMO, there's other people in the game. An MMO without open world pvp might as well just be a solo RPG. Maybe you guys should go back to Skyrim if you don't want pvp.

The PVP is carebear in this game if anything, I'd like to see some of these whiners play Lineage 2.

tottaly agree i used to play l2 c1 eben on startef town used to be some pk waiting for lvl 1 chars tp get out

1 person likes this

Posted

GW2 and the ArenaNet, what was document they wrote before release that stated all the things they would not do, was broken with Ascended gear.

Posted

So today a berserker attacked me out of the blue, he didn't have great gear so i killed him quite fast. He repeated that 4 times then whispered me saying sorry and that he wanted pvp practice. In the end we ended up chatting about random stuff.

Without forced pvp i wouldn't have been attacked and this chat wouldn't have happened. No thanks if you want to remove features then look for something else.

Posted

Carebears complaining probably arent even 45+ yet. They hear open pvp and they freak out. I've leveled two characters to 50 and the only pvp i've found is me vaporizing imbeciles who comes to my spot and blatantly start stealing my mobs (yes, MY mobs). If you don't do dumb sht people will leave you alone.

Posted

Guys I think X and I know some others that think X. That means most people think X and if the developers don't cater to me the game will fail.

Yeah sorry that is not how it works. There are a lot of people out there thinking the exact opposite.

Posted

Carebears complaining probably arent even 45+ yet. They hear open pvp and they freak out. I've leveled two characters to 50 and the only pvp i've found is me vaporizing imbeciles who comes to my spot and blatantly start stealing my mobs (yes, MY mobs). If you don't do dumb sht people will leave you alone most of the time, if its not a guild who is occuping the spot.

fixed it a bit, but I guess you are right

1 person likes this

Posted

PVE only channels wouldn't hurt anything. If you're not happy that the "carebears" are leaving you're clearly wanting to fight not so skilled players to make yourself feel better. I can see DAUM adding PVE only channels and honestly I think it'll only help the community more. Look at this trashy thread and low blows, toxicity here is 100x worse then most game forums I've seen. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

lets give those PvE Whiney Fishlips an own PvE Server so they can hug themselve all the time at Grinding Spots

doing Roleplay too without being in fear of getting murdered by a random player

Remove all PvE Players from the current Servers and put them to the "Carebeartopia" Server, only for PvE Carebears wich love to hug each other every second of live

and then we will have silence in the ingame chat and forum for some weeks until they start to cry again about too crowded grinding spots and too high respawn rates, about the game getting boring without pvp and so far...

fact ist pvE Carebears are crying about almost everything in a game wich doesnt please them. So please Daum give the PvE People own Server so we real PvX players can play without those fishfaces (a.k.a PvE Carebears)

Edited by Irrstern

Posted

You would have nothing to do but chat pvp :) 

Posted

You would have nothing to do but chat pvp :) 

ye thats the plan for those PvE :) I enjoy the PvP in this Game alot and only those whiney Fishface PvE Childs are ruining it :)

Posted

lets give those PvE Whiney Fishlips an own PvE Server so they can hug themselve all the time at Grinding Spots

doing Roleplay too without being in fear of getting murdered by a random player

Remove all PvE Players from the current Servers and put them to the "Carebeartopia" Server, only for PvE Carebears wich love to hug each other every second of live

and then we will have silence in the ingame chat and forum for some weeks until they start to cry again about too crowded grinding spots and too high respawn rates, about the game getting boring without pvp and so far...

fact ist pvE Carebears are crying about almost everything in a game wich doesnt please them. So please Daum give the PvE People own Server so we real PvX players can play without those fishfaces (a.k.a PvE Carebears)

Pretty sure PVE players would rather have over crowded areas in farming spots then getting PK'ed and losing exp. You're delusional if you think PVE players are the only ones crying in forums right now. 

Posted

You don't. You sit in chat talking endless shit like the rest of them :) Engage only when you are positive they are lower level and less geared. Run from every battle. Call hax when you get owned. What you call PVP is more Carebear than PVE'rs. Now don't get all Huffy, this may not be you but its 99 percent of the Pvp population. So quit blaming people for ruining a game. The PVP community does a fine job all by it's self. It really is not a surprise that most of the games population does not want to play with you guys.

So why not try making the PVP community better, less Douche Nozzley, less of a Joke and you might have a lot more people to have fun with. Fun is not punishing the weak. (If it is you have serious issues and we know some of you exist Preenlancer for example!!!) Fun is rolling up having a kick ass day fighting equal competition trying to better yourself. Saying GG when you done with out going into Internets Road Rage. But that's just it. Most of the people whinging about the Pve'rs ruining there game are pretty much the scum floating in the cesspool of the worst of humanity.  Of course people do not want to play with you lol. 

Posted

a41fe7055c578bf309ed6d5ff4009755b4a8a9230d2913b9efc889d7d8de330c.jpg

Posted

Lol 33 pages later.

Carebears are the worst, most toxic, stubborn, single minded, players you can get in an mmo. They are incapable of thinking for themselves. They expect the game to hold your hand at all times. If there not happy they will do everything in there power to make sure the game and company dies (this thread for example). 

Bro just quit, really no one cares about your opinion it's pointless. I could give you a million and one reasons what you could have or should have done in your situation but your too dumb to realize that and besides that, people have already been giving you the feedback but you don't care do you? All you care about at this point is this game crashing and burning now cuz of one incident. Lmao you need to go outside.

2 people like this