• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Forced PvP has ruined this game

884 posts in this topic

Posted

Pretty sure PVE players would rather have over crowded areas in farming spots then getting PK'ed and losing exp. You're delusional if you think PVE players are the only ones crying in forums right now. 

PvE are crying ONLY, real PVP players never cry, they just kill those wich make them mad :)

Posted (edited)

BDO seriously could be THE dream game for PvE loving folks who want good story, plenty to do and a beautiful world.

Sadly, the fact that this game can be utterly locked down by the top 10 guilds has game breaking.  Today I flat out got told "get the ----- out of here or we kill you" while trying to level.  This was when i wasn't even interfering with the moron I came across, and of course I began killing a mob nearby and they waited until I was lower health then murdered me.

I'm pretty much done with BDO at this point and sad about it.  I love the game, sadly the pvp ---------------- that seems to get to run and lock down zones however much they want tho has put an end to being able to experience the content I paid to see.

Fix this Daum unless you want to see a mass exodus.  Then your top 10 guilds can enjoy their ghosttown of a game, I am sure theyll all be willing to spend enough in the cash shop tho to keep the lights on at the office.

BDO Seriously could be THE dream for PvP loving folks who want a good fighting system, lots of OWPVP, and meaningful reasons to fight.

Sadly, the fact that a grind spot can be utterly locked down by a carebear abusing the karma system is game breaking. Today I flat out got told "I won't leave here despite being worse than you and not being able to compete" while trying to grind. This wasn't even interfering with the moron who came across me, and of course he just followed me from mob to mob and tried to steal them even though I was there first.

I'm pretty much done with BDO at this point and sad about it. I love the game, sadly the pve --------- that come to the forums and complain and follow people around while they try to farm put an end to being able to experience the content I paid to experience.

Fix this Daum unless you want a mass exodus. Then your 10 loser pve only players can enjoy their ghosttown of a game, I am sure they will be willing to spend enough to keep blizzard afloat when the next WoW expansion released and they leave like they always do.

Edited by Walk
2 people like this

Posted

BDO Seriously could be THE dream for PvP loving folks who want a good fighting system, lots of OWPVP, and meaningful reasons to fight.

Sadly, the fact that a grind spot can be utterly locked down by a carebear abusing the karma system is game breaking. Today I flat out got told "I won't leave here despite being worse than you and not being able to compete" while trying to grind. This wasn't even interfering with the moron who came across me, and of course he just followed me from mob to mob and tried to steal them even though I was there first.

I'm pretty much done with BDO at this point and sad about it. I love the game, sadly the pve --------- that come to the forums and complain and follow people around while they try to farm put an end to being able to experience the content I paid to experience.

Fix this Daum unless you want a mass exodus. Then your 10 loser pve only players can enjoy their ghosttown of a game, I am sure they will be willing to spend enough to keep blizzard afloat when the next WoW expansion released and they leave like they always do.

I'm in love with this post, +1 :)

Posted

I don't get it if he is a weak PvE carebear who is afraid to flag why don't you just out dps them until they leave? Usually if I want a camp I will steal someone's mobs to get them to flag up so I can take the camp karma free.

Posted (edited)

I don't get it if he is a weak PvE carebear who is afraid to flag why don't you just out dps them until they leave? Usually if I want a camp I will steal someone's mobs to get them to flag up so I can take the camp karma free.

I have no problem flagging or killing someone for a spot, nor do I have any problem out-dpsing anyone who can try and contest me. I'm well within the top 1% of gear and know my class well.

I still absolutely loathe gameplay that forces me to compete in a DPS race instead of allowing me to compete directly in pvp, which some players force by simply death rushing you even if you kill them. You only get 5 kills before you have to go DPS race them.I don't lose the DPS races, but it's garbage gameplay and everytime it happens is a frustrating and very unfun, considering we could instead be pvping for the spot, which is fun.

Most players take it as a personal insult to be out-matched and come back for no other reason than to spite you for being better than they are. In their minds, they are punishing you for some imaginary crime you committed against them.

Edited by Walk

Posted

There main website said Open World PvP as a big bold headline for months...

Not before release and during their marketing phase.

Posted (edited)

I was pked yesterday for the first time and it was pretty lame lol Im lvl 47 and haven't participated in any PVP content yet or tried to grind in anyones territory.

I was minding my own business horse training with my wagon, not afk btw, and someone randomly comes up on their horse fully geared, destroys my wagon and kills me instantly, just on the road right outside of heidel. Since it was the first time it happened to me i had no clue what was going on a few secs into them tearing down my wagon and by the time i did it was too late to do anything. I had no gear with me anyway so its not like i could protect myself properly.

I don't have a problem with the open world pvp at all and don't find a need for a pve server, tbh it'd be kinda boring if i didn't even have the option to pvp when i finally was ready to. Honestly it was kinda funny after it happened, a new experience however I do think there should be some kind of balance when it comes to being murdered out of nowhere for no reason :P

On top of that after it happened, the people who i'm guessing were in the same guild were in channel chat being complete douche bags about it. I totally get everyone finds different things enjoyable about the game, but if this can happen at any time it kinda sucks for people who just want to enjoy a simple thing like horse training in peace.

Edited by KittinFootprint

Posted

The basic idea i got from this is:

No PvE channel because it will reduce the number of players PvP players can fight.

I don't care much either way myself, but every angle on both sides of the argument are pretty selfish in one way or another tbh.

So I guess them leaving is a better option? xD Eitherway you will have no PvErs to fight.... /logic

2 people like this

Posted

care bears are ruining this game.

Posted

I was pked yesterday for the first time and it was pretty lame lol Im lvl 47 and haven't participated in any PVP content yet or tried to grind in anyones territory.

I was minding my own business horse training with my wagon, not afk btw, and someone randomly comes up on their horse fully geared, destroys my wagon and kills me instantly, just on the road right outside of heidel. Since it was the first time it happened to me i had no clue what was going on a few secs into them tearing down my wagon and by the time i did it was too late to do anything. I had no gear with me anyway so its not like i could protect myself properly.

I don't have a problem with the open world pvp at all and don't find a need for a pve server, tbh it'd be kinda boring if i didn't even have the option to pvp when i finally was ready to. Honestly it was kinda funny after it happened, a new experience however I do think there should be some kind of balance when it comes to being murdered out of nowhere for no reason :P

On top of that after it happened, the people who i'm guessing were in the same guild were in channel chat being complete douche bags about it. I totally get everyone finds different things enjoyable about the game, but if this can happen at any time it kinda sucks for people who just want to enjoy a simple thing like horse training in peace.

You can train your horses in peace in Safe Zones. This is why they exist.

Posted

care bears are ruining this game.

Yes; when they all start leaving and the game is dead....seen it happen in so many games in the past 16+ years. PvP games live fast die young. I do both PvP and PvE but I have never minded players who only PvE, they have never bothered me and they help keep games alive longer, but I guess all you noob mmo players gotta test the waters eh? I can tell you without a doubt what will happen to this game you love if they all leave and close their wallets xD.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes; when they all start leaving and the game is dead....seen it happen in so many games in the past 16+ years. PvP games live fast die young. I do both PvP and PvE but I have never minded players who only PvE, they have never bothered me and they help keep games alive longer, but I guess all you noob mmo players gotta test the waters eh? I can tell you without a doubt what will happen to this game you love if they all leave and close their wallets xD.

i pve in order to pvp. 

Posted (edited)

You can train your horses in peace in Safe Zones. This is why they exist.

I'm aware, i guess i just don't understand the excitement of killing an unarmed person who isn't fighting back. If i'm gonna pvp someone, i want a challenge :P If i get owned in the process so be it lol 

Edited by KittinFootprint

Posted

All I can conclude after all these 33 pages, is that PvPrs cry and waddle their arms in rage so much more than any Carebear I have ever met...sheesh guys, way to dig your own grave. :/

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Not before release and during their marketing phase.

during CBT2 it did. Every twitch streamer said the game was PvP endgame as-well.

You can't have a sandbox game without having PvP and PvE TOGETHER. The moment you seperate these you will have a split playerbase.

PvP players already do more PvE then regular players tbh because they are forced to to be competitive, none of us complain about that though...

What it needs is that level cap quest back into the game, I'm okay with that.

I'm aware, i guess i just don't understand the excitement of killing an unarmed person who isn't fighting back. If i'm gonna pvp someone, i want a challenge :P If i get owned in the process so be it lol 

It's very rare that unarmed players get killed. If you don't understand why someone killed you. Ask them. I've killed some fishers because they told channel chat where a gold hotspot i discovered was, they followed me to said spot via using the velia shady man that tells you the location of any player in the game.

I've killed people for purposely killing the mobs i'm farming, and then not wanting to party up and being mean about it.

I've killed enemy guild members during trade runs because why not, there an enemy guild.

I've only killed ONE person for no specific reason before, and he ended up wanting to duel after and he beat my butt into the floor.

Most PvE players aren't leaving the game because of PKers. They know that they rarely get killed unless there's a specific reason for it. The only time someone gets mad is when they get camped. People need to stop throwing around "OH PEOPLE ARE LEAVING THE GAME BECAUSE OF PVP" please.

This game is supposed to be sandbox, if you want it to be a themepark, go play GW2. It has more PvE by far then this game. Dont ruin a perfectly good game because the game doesn't support your every whim. News flash to people here. The game isn't created to PERSONALLY cater to you. It's to cater to all the players. And BTW i see far many more PvP players in game, and I only see whining about PK's in the forums.. lol

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

So I guess them leaving is a better option? xD Eitherway you will have no PvErs to fight.... /logic

No, because most of my friends are PvErs, and I don't see why anyone would want to forcefully fight a PvE player (unless they're just a plain griefer).

I'd actually prefer a PvE channel with some restrictions on entering/leaving. 

Posted

I don't think anyone likes grinding. If I took a grinding spot that was empty, I hate it when someone just comes in and starts grinding in the same spot like I'm not even there. In fact, this is so infuriating that I will definitely attack the guy.

Some things will help you stay out of trouble. I do these things and I was only killed once since the very beginning.

1. Don't attack mobs someone else has pulled.
  2. If you go to an area with the intention of grinding there or killing mobs for a quest, and you find someone grinding there, don't go near them, find another place or just kill the wandering mobs if you're questing.
  3. If you have to go to a specific area for a quest and you find someone grinding there, let them know that you just need X mobs for a quest, you are not there to interfere with them.

If you think about it, these things are only polite. If you stick around long enough, you'll get powerful one day. You will not like it when some little guy has the nerve to intrude upon your spot.

BEST advice on this topic.  You deserve a dozen cookies!

Posted (edited)

An easy fix to this is having a dedicated channel for PVE and lock the PVP button from activating when a PVP player wants to PVP another in a PVE server. Just a thought for some bright ideas.

Edited by SkaiCloud

Posted

Don't need PVE only folks for a good open world game, should look at the current games that have survived for 10+ years then compare the PVE optional games and see their run time and common shut down rates. Speaking in terms of population in the MMO demographic actually looking at BDO it wouldn't be a sad parting.

Assuming all people okay with PVP and PVX content are just PKers looking to gank you is hilarious. First the entitlement complex is so strong you think everyone is trying to kill you and people like you (not a majority in an open world game) but also that you think you should tell a programmer (more complicated job than you are giving credit for) should change an investment of months if not years of his time to cater to your needs when many other programmers already have.

Trying to claim /logic to your assumption is kinda one of those /logic? moments in and of its self.

Posted

I think a decent way to solve everyone's problem without splitting the playerbase, keeping sense of danger, etc. is like how it was done in Star Wars Galaxies with a faction system.

Players who wish to participate in PvP join one of two warring factions. Players who don't wish to PvP do not join a faction, and instead stay neutral.

If you join a guild aligned with specific faction, you immediately become a member of specific faction.

Guilds unaligned with a faction are limited to non-PvP guild activities.

With a system similar to this, everyone gets what they want (except gankers, but no one cares what they think anyway). PvPers get to fight other people, world PvP remains a thing, they get to go to war, etc. PvEers don't need to worry themselves about some d00d in a treant costume springing out of the ground to push their poo in, can pick berries, can freely go about their regular trade-routes without fear of being mugged, and all kinds of other things that they don't wish to deal with.

Everyone will get to enjoy the game the way they want to and everyone will be happy.

...Except gankers, but like I said... no one actually gives a Daum about what they think anyway.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Its ok man

The initial hype of this game has already started to fade

now all that is left to do is just wait until the game becomes F2P and then

simply buy your way to PvE/PvP stardom.

Edited by zyzolol

Posted

Don't need PVE only folks for a good open world game, should look at the current games that have survived for 10+ years then compare the PVE optional games and see their run time and common shut down rates. Speaking in terms of population in the MMO demographic actually looking at BDO it wouldn't be a sad parting.

Assuming all people okay with PVP and PVX content are just PKers looking to gank you is hilarious. First the entitlement complex is so strong you think everyone is trying to kill you and people like you (not a majority in an open world game) but also that you think you should tell a programmer (more complicated job than you are giving credit for) should change an investment of months if not years of his time to cater to your needs when many other programmers already have.

Trying to claim /logic to your assumption is kinda one of those /logic? moments in and of its self.

I have no idea what you are trying to say but I PvP too; no I'm not a chikenshit ganker, and I have lots of friends who only pve..... Having seen many MMOs come and go over the past 16+ years and having been a writer for an MMO gaming site I can tell you most likely it will go down the same path as Aion did; which is pretty much empty of the great community it started with (other than those looking for a crap F2p game to play).

Pretty game with focus on pve to level+Grind+path of least resistance*forced pvp=disaster. 

Either way I hope I'm not right about the future of this game; I like it, but I won't be surprised if am right based on the daily complaints here on these forums as well as on other forums. MMORPG.com as an example; I've seen people stating they will avoid the game due to such mechanics, or stay below the PvP level. How is this good?

Posted (edited)

during CBT2 it did. Every twitch streamer said the game was PvP endgame as-well.

You can't have a sandbox game without having PvP and PvE TOGETHER. The moment you seperate these you will have a split playerbase.

PvP players already do more PvE then regular players tbh because they are forced to to be competitive, none of us complain about that though...

What it needs is that level cap quest back into the game, I'm okay with that.

It's very rare that unarmed players get killed. If you don't understand why someone killed you. Ask them. I've killed some fishers because they told channel chat where a gold hotspot i discovered was, they followed me to said spot via using the velia shady man that tells you the location of any player in the game.

I've killed people for purposely killing the mobs i'm farming, and then not wanting to party up and being mean about it.

I've killed enemy guild members during trade runs because why not, there an enemy guild.

I've only killed ONE person for no specific reason before, and he ended up wanting to duel after and he beat my butt into the floor.

Most PvE players aren't leaving the game because of PKers. They know that they rarely get killed unless there's a specific reason for it. The only time someone gets mad is when they get camped. People need to stop throwing around "OH PEOPLE ARE LEAVING THE GAME BECAUSE OF PVP" please.

This game is supposed to be sandbox, if you want it to be a themepark, go play GW2. It has more PvE by far then this game. Dont ruin a perfectly good game because the game doesn't support your every whim. News flash to people here. The game isn't created to PERSONALLY cater to you. It's to cater to all the players. And BTW i see far many more PvP players in game, and I only see whining about PK's in the forums.. lol

I was here since before the first beta launched. Their website did not indicate PVP at all. It was actually a huge topic that was brought up numerous times, because they were trying to draw more then just PVP'ers. It's obvious, the game is meant for PVP, but their marketing team and their websites went out of their way to NOT market it that way, hence why there's tons of non-PVP'ers sitting here upset. I was involved in MANY conversations on this fact. And it is indeed a fact.

Edited by MikeHeel

Posted

I have no idea what you are trying to say but I PvP too; no I'm not a chikenshit ganker, and I have lots of friends who only pve..... Having seen many MMOs come and go over the past 16+ years and having been a writer for an MMO gaming site I can tell you most likely it will go down the same path as Aion did; which is pretty much empty of the great community it started with (other than those looking for a crap F2p game to play).

Pretty game with focus on pve to level+Grind+path of least resistance*forced pvp=disaster. 

Either way I hope I'm not right about the future of this game; I like it, but I won't be surprised if am right based on the daily complaints here on these forums as well as on other forums. MMORPG.com as an example; I've seen people stating they will avoid the game due to such mechanics, or stay below the PvP level. How is this good?

If they are the site you write for I can understand why you don't understand what I'm saying. They rarely verify many facts on that site much less do they even spend a good portion of their time on MMO's anymore. (fairly biased reviews at best) They don't even know the difference between that or a MOBA, FPS, or Sandbox (small dedicated multiplayer servers) and an MMO anymore.

MMORPG.com is typically only good for the one thing they are good at reviewing (due to user input not the "Authors" LOL) that will be the HYPE METER. You'll note not too many PvE Only aka super consenting & restrictive gameplay make it onto the hype top lists. The entire list right now is centered around Open World PVP and ability to conquer entire cities and actually be a living part of the game, not a side note to brainless AI winning the same participation badges as every other player.

If you've been around really paying attention to MMO's for that long you'd realistically know what presses a community of any MMO that has gone from Open World down to the depths of pushing PVE focus over actual content for players to make their own.

For the TL:DR

"Don't need PVE only folks for a good open world game" like my previous post stated, in fact it's typically cancerous to any game community to cater to them.

Posted

OP pissed off a guy and got killed.
People tend to react negatively when you piss them off.