• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Forced PvP has ruined this game

884 posts in this topic

Posted

Just trying to hint something before node wars comes out or even now with the new zone. The top guild Veritas with over 4 guilds strong have taken over the entire zone and farm spots on most channels and kill on sight. Can you not see a big issue forming for top guilds running the server taxes up and being overall dickheads? PvP system or not, this needs some attention.

I've hardly ever seen veritas anywhere, try changing channels. Taxes are capped at 5%, no attention needed

Posted

Beside WoW, post me just one other PvE MMORPG that survived even half time of games like:

• Ultima Online
  • EVE online
  • Lineage 2

Exactly, that's why BDO should stay a OWPvP game.

The problem is that carebears don't get it tho.

Posted

Why do ppl buy a game that has open pvp and then complain about it. This is the same as buying Call of duty and complaining that ppl shoot you .

1 person likes this

Posted

BDO seriously could be THE dream game for PvE loving folks who want good story, plenty to do and a beautiful world.

Sadly, the fact that this game can be utterly locked down by the top 10 guilds has game breaking.  Today I flat out got told "get the ----- out of here or we kill you" while trying to level.  This was when i wasn't even interfering with the moron I came across, and of course I began killing a mob nearby and they waited until I was lower health then murdered me.

I'm pretty much done with BDO at this point and sad about it.  I love the game, sadly the pvp scum that seems to get to run and lock down zones however much they want tho has put an end to being able to experience the content I paid to see.

Fix this Daum unless you want to see a mass exodus.  Then your top 10 guilds can enjoy their ghosttown of a game, I am sure theyll all be willing to spend enough in the cash shop tho to keep the lights on at the office.

Did you not know about any of this before buying the game? lol

Posted (edited)

The allure of a sandbox is to co-exist alongside others who may not share all the same interests as you, while taking the risk of having their own type of gameplay intrude upon your own.

OP didn't figure that out prior to purchase. Unfortunate.

Edited by Thray
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

while taking the risk of having their own type of gameplay introduce upon your own.

So why do you people go into hysterics if PvE crowd tries to "introduce" their type of gameplay on you then?

Edited by Kat

Posted

So why do you people go into hysterics if PvE crowd tries to "introduce" their type of gameplay on you then?

They dont, they just kill them 

They dont, they just kill them 

Posted (edited)

I see rivers of tears right here on the forum 9_9  Would actually serve you well to get PvE servers.

Edited by Kat

Posted

I wouldn't mind a PvE server tbh, at least carebears will finally stop crying 24/7.

As long as Daum can promise that there will never be marketplace/rating linking between PvP & PvP servers & PvE > PvP transfers/ server merges now or in the future, i'd say bring it on.

1 person likes this

Posted

Last time someone tried to say ''get out this is our spot'' i just killed them or i changed channels.

Posted

dicks that happen to be pvpers doing shitty stuff? shocking

other news, water is wet, the sun is bright, and carebears are qq'ing up a storm. there are going to be dicks in a pvp setting, deal with it. the only way for said dicks to not be dicks while still having pvp is basically arenas which can easily get boring and stale while the pvers live it up in the rest of the game. i know a lot of pvers mean well, but sometimes i just want to tell them to ----- the sun. fact is, you're going to have to deal with dicks with pvp being an option, and so are pvpers. your options then are either get yourself to a point where you're capable of taking their fun away from them, or be quiet like the scrub you are because -----ing only feeds them. i don't like it much myself, but i'm not going to demand the game be changed for it (unless it's archeage, the pvp section of that game can ----- off till someone other than trion is at the helm).

Posted

Just die 3 times and rest safe in the knowledge that when he dies a nice items goes bang.

Posted (edited)

Typo.

You know, most MMO's do everything they can to make a game as accessible as possible to everyone. Sandboxes do that in a more extreme way. It's accessible to everyone, but also dangerous. When a path of least resistance is presented, it is no longer a sandbox. And people would, most likely, migrate to a PvE server which would diminish the game world everyone else exists in.

At the end of the day, it is a simple case of PvE'rs believing that they are above everyone else and deserve special treatment. They do not, and it boils down to my world being made worse so yours can be made better. Obviously, not something I will support.

I don't consider myself a PvE'r or a PvP'r. I do a bit of everything. I also enjoy trading, which would make me a target too. And it's fine. I know how to exist among others. It's not really that difficult of a skillset.

Edited by Thray

Posted

You guys say that this game is all about PvP, I agree with that. But I think it is about the node-wars/siege/GvG type of PvP. The difference is that most games, notably WoW, already have a system where players can gank helpless players as much as they want. Sorry but I just don't buy that that thing is the only thing that makes this game worthy. 

I'm not in favor of removing open world PvP, but I much prefer the KR ruleset where the karma penalties are much more severe. The game is fine there, and they take organized PvP very seriously, but random ganking is not something that KR players generally enjoy. I'm not sure why killing helpless players is supposed to be the West's favorite thing to do.

Additionally being able to unflag during combat (if the ganker realizes they might actually die) is ridiculous.

Posted (edited)

They should re-institute the 50 thing where u cannot progress after 49.99 unless you do the quest to unlock 50 then its totally up to the person if they wish to pvp and do the new content cause if you go to Valencia at 49.99 I wish you alot of luck

YES YES YES

Feking ridculously stupid they changed that.

And feking ridculusly stupid they changed KR's karma rules as well. What were the idiots thinking? Boggles the mind.

Edited by Keth

Posted

If only people would research a game beforehand and finding out its core focus and features before complaining about wanting changes to these exact things.

This is the way the game works and as it was intended. If you don't like it, which I can understand, you should've either done your homework or it's just not the game for you.

Posted

Guilds needs to relize that there is more than enough mobs to make people happy.  PvE players often just wants to do their dailies.  See that catfish are with middle island?  Leave it alone for people trying to do dailies.  If you want to clash, congrats.  You now are going to lose exp, other people lose exp, guild war, waste time, more loss of exp.  No one wins.  There is enough space to leave a little for those just doing quests.  Hell you want to be a well known guild?  Being a ----- doesn't give you brownie points.  Being nice does, PvP doesn't equate being a -----.  Want to be so hated on a server that you have to fight 10-20 wars in 10-20 areas.  You can be a ----- guild, but remember the rest of the server can out number you easily 100:1.  Doesn't matter how hard core if you are fighting 20-30 front war all over the place.  Then PvP carebears are going to QQ. 

Posted

Personally I'd just prefer a working toggle. I don't want to take PVP away from anyone who wants it. I dislike the idea of being attacked when I'm just trying to quest or enjoy the game and most people won't attack if you're not flagged for PVP. 

The problem is that some people will attack anyway. Some people just want to kill other players for no reason other than to be an asshat. Those are the people I dislike. 

I'm in a guild, I love my guild but we don't party up often. I prefer to play solo because honestly i suck and don't want to bring my entire team down. I should be just as able to play and enjoy the game as anyone else. I'm not high enough to know what the PVP scene is like yet so I reserve my final judgement till then. For now I believe if I just leave myself unflagged I'll be fine. I'm not one to steal mobs and if I were to do so accidentally I'd try my best to leave the area so the mobs would go back to those who claimed them first. Hopefully that'll let me go without being attacked too often. 

Posted (edited)

Personally I'd just prefer a working toggle. I don't want to take PVP away from anyone who wants it. I dislike the idea of being attacked when I'm just trying to quest or enjoy the game and most people won't attack if you're not flagged for PVP. 

The problem is that some people will attack anyway. Some people just want to kill other players for no reason other than to be an asshat. Those are the people I dislike. 

I'm in a guild, I love my guild but we don't party up often. I prefer to play solo because honestly i suck and don't want to bring my entire team down. I should be just as able to play and enjoy the game as anyone else. I'm not high enough to know what the PVP scene is like yet so I reserve my final judgement till then. For now I believe if I just leave myself unflagged I'll be fine. I'm not one to steal mobs and if I were to do so accidentally I'd try my best to leave the area so the mobs would go back to those who claimed them first. Hopefully that'll let me go without being attacked too often. 

PvP is a core part of the game. It is just that simple. The game is made to not have PvP easily toggled off. If those same PKer's couldn't kill you, they'd just kill steal from you until you left, accomplishing the same thing they did before except without the karma penalty.

Edited by Noth
1 person likes this

Posted

Hey, I didn't like them either.  The forums pretty much set an example for them.  So I went to Orwen instead of Edan.

Posted (edited)

I'm all for open PvP in this game but I do hate to see people grief others. And to tell people that this is a PvP game you should expect to be griefed it is kind of a dbag attitude. That's like say you shouldn't dress like a slut if you don't want to be -----d. 

Most people in this game are pretty good so far from my experience but the ones that go above any beyond to harass other players(and Ive seen it) should incur some sort of stiffer penalty. 

Edited by mproulx

Posted (edited)

The forced PvP is the same in all the other regions of the game. Not only that, but turning off forced PvP would ruin the risk versus reward of Trade Packs and other features. Long story short, this game is EXACTLY as advertised, don't blame DAUM because you're too blind and lazy to take a moment to research and/or read.

Actually, the funny thing is, you have a 44 level grace period before people can decide to flag up and PvP you, so the claim the BDO is always forced PvP is complete bullshit. I have level 14 guild mates that focus mainly on their life skills and crafting and NEVER have to worry about getting PK'd while doing what they do.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken
1 person likes this

Posted

The forced PvP is the same in all the other regions of the game. Not only that, but turning off forced PvP would ruin the risk versus reward of Trade Packs and other features. Long story short, this game is EXACTLY as advertised, don't blame DAUM because you're too blind and lazy to take a moment to research and/or read.

That's completely false, our karma penalties are about 70% less than Korea/Japan making RPK karma penalities relatively insignificant. Additionally the level required for PvP in Korea/Japan is 50 not 45

Posted

That's completely false, our karma penalties are about 70% less than Korea/Japan making RPK karma penalities relatively insignificant. Additionally the level required for PvP in Korea/Japan is 50 not 45

It's funny you would be so condescending about not reading, and then make this mistake.

Posted

You're only enforcing my point where people already don't HAVE to be force PvP'd, It's a risk versus reward factor, the reward is, you'll be able to fight higher level mobs with better silver returns, the risk is anyone can flag up on you at any time.