• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Critical Screen Effect - Headache city. Halp!

306 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I mostly used to play warrior and am currently leveling a ranger. Tonight while spanking some giants, I ended up getting a headache and feeling nauseous. I knew something was different and after watching the screen closely while fighting, I noticed that it "flashes dark" when you crit something (as far as I could tell).

I remember reading a while ago about this effect in groups and I noticed it myself while grouping (which I havent done a lot). Im not sure why I'm just noticing it now on my ranger solo, maybe it was the lighting of the area I was in that made it even more apparent. And as a warrior, I assumed it was part of the overall effect of spinning slash/scars as they have 100% crit chance. I guess I'm critting more often with ranger now so I notice it more.

Anyway, I've turned down all the camera effects in the settings to 0 but the effect is still there. Has anyone discovered a setting to turn this off? I can only play for a short time before I end up feeling sick from it. Or maybe its just me?

Thanks

Edited by Jarak
13 people like this

Posted (edited)

I belive you just Experienced you,re first Motion Sickness Game.

also get you,re self checked for  epilepsy.

Edited by Lasarith
6 people like this

Posted

Would love for there to be a way for this to be resolved, epilepsy or no this shit gets really tiring after a few hours grinding.

4 people like this

Posted

Motion sickness has nothing to do with this.

3 people like this

Posted

Motion sickness has nothing to do with this.

it could be one or the Other, better to be safe then sorry just in case Especially when it comes to matter the OP has stated.

Posted

Its only critical?

What screen filter are you using? On default (Vibrance) my eyes bleeds after few minutes.

Posted

Would love for there to be a way for this to be resolved, epilepsy or no this shit gets really tiring after a few hours grinding.

take a break from the game then!!! this is always stated and yet gamers dont do it -_-....

Posted

I noticed the same thing on my sorc, but turning all camera effects to 0 made a big difference for me.  Not sure why you're still seeing it OP. :\

Posted (edited)

Its only critical?

What screen filter are you using? On default (Vibrance) my eyes bleeds after few minutes.

As far as I can tell its only critical. I'm using the Old Style filter, one of the least over the top ones imo, its by far my fav.

take a break from the game then!!! this is always stated and yet gamers dont do it -_-....

I do :) This effect gets annoying after even 2 minutes. It's really become noticeable only in my last couple of playsessions, not sure why. I think I'm just critting more often. That coupled with the rangers mobility makes it extremely annoying and I can only take so much of it.

So I did some more testing and it's not just crits. It's anytime I use ani cancelling (specifically kick cancelling as I use it a lot). I thought it was crits as I tend to crit a lot with that skill and also I believe it happens on crit too with all classes.

I made a little recording to demostrate.

http://giphy.com/gifs/JwBwG8RAOLL3y

Anyone any clue how to disable it? It's seriously driving me nuts, so nuts that I might even dust off my warrior...

I'll also post in the ranger forums to see if anyone else experiences it.

Edited by Jarak
Added Testing Gif

Posted

If only they had 4 sliders to controls all camera effects. Could you at least try to solve your problem.

Posted

If only they had 4 sliders to controls all camera effects. Could you at least try to solve your problem.

If only you would have read in my post that I have all effects at zero. Could you at least try to not be a smart ass.

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

Its only critical?

same, I like "none" preset and it's more lore friendly. Vibrance is overkill if someone would like rainbow explosions then adjusting monitor preset would give a better result. 

If only you would have read in my post that I have all effects at zero. Could you at least try to not be a smart ass.

He said about all effects including spells etc. Nothing to do with being smarazzy

Edited by Dyeless

Posted (edited)

Just to clear this up - I have every effect or relevant camera setting set to 0, no camera filter and even edited my config file to turn post filter off (and yes, I do actually take breaks). The problem is when you're grinding with a party it's flashing like that all the time, and with any high crit class you'll experience it solo a lot too. It's quite hard to capture on video / gif because it appears to only be 1-2 frames going dark at a time. Once you've noticed it you won't be able to unsee it.

Edited by Upset Chap

Posted

I know the effect the OP is referring to, this change request was already on the list, but I will add the additional feedback now.

37 people like this

Posted

I know the effect the OP is referring to, this change request was already on the list, but I will add the additional feedback now.

thank you, appreciate it.

Posted

try adjust FoV (seems to be Vison Range in game?)

Posted

Well yeah that's the "white screen flash" once you crit.

Posted

Make sure you're playing with proper room lighting and monitor settings to match the room lighting. 

Posted

Crap - good to know I am not alone in being affected by this and possibly the pop-in.  First game I have ever experienced this in.

Posted

I noticed the same thing on my sorc, but turning all camera effects to 0 made a big difference for me.  Not sure why you're still seeing it OP. :\

I get it all the time when I'm grouped and not right on top of my group members. Fooking despise it.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I just checked the screen capture, the black effect is actually irritating.

I guess after working longer hours as a developer/code ninja (sometimes 18 hours/day) for 14-15 years, my eyes are also weak.

I felt bit of unease after grinding for an hour straight. That I had to call the group for a break for 5-10 minutes. Now i understand why.

Thanks for forwarding this issue to PA.

Edited by Emperor_Kush

Posted

Rangers are bugged.   A bunch of ranger stuff ignores motion settings.

Try standing still as ranger and holding left mouse button.  Every 4th and 5th arrow creates motion blur even with settings off.

playing ranger gives me headaches too even with all sliders at zero.

Posted

Yeah, I just checked the screen capture, the black effect is actually irritating.

I guess after working longer hours as a developer/code ninja (sometimes 18 hours/day) for 14-15 years, my eyes are also weak.

I felt bit of unease after grinding for an hour straight. That I had to call the group for a break for 5-10 minutes. Now i understand why.

Thanks for forwarding this issue to PA.

Looking at a screen in proper lighting conditions shouldn't make your eyes weak. Dry, yes. Weak, no. If you're under 35 and wear glasses, you should be getting your eyes checked every year.

Posted

Looking at a screen in proper lighting conditions shouldn't make your eyes weak. Dry, yes. Weak, no. If you're under 35 and wear glasses, you should be getting your eyes checked every year.

I'm not under 35 nor I have any vision related issues, I have 6/6 on both eyes. My eyes are weak as in, over use over the eyes has made my eyes less react to heavy lights. I'm not going to discuss these stuff on forums. This is not a medical forum.

And nor I'm suppose to check my eyes every year in my country. We check it in every 6 months.

Posted

You and me both, OP. I freaking hate it with a passion. Valk crits do the same in or outside of a party and not even near you flashes white on my screen. Freaking retarded.

Turning off others' spell affects does nothing to this either.