• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Critical Screen Effect - Headache city. Halp!

306 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not sure why this effect is important in the game, or why it was implemented.
I have not seen it in any other game.

Imagine that camera effects (upheavals and others) also did not go off.
What percent of people would be able to even play the game?

How many of you have turned on the camera effects? I think the minimum.

The effect of "flicker" is less pronounced but even more so during long gaming dangerous.

How long endure this (be careful not to let sensitive individuals)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjbrmfjJRk0

If a player is more susceptible to these effects, it is BDO unplayable.

I reiterate my personal opinion that the effect of "screen flicker when a critical attack" is totally unnecessary.

Also, this thread is here for a very long time, which means that this problem persists and is still current.

GM please all, pay attention.
@GM_Dew

@GM_Salome

@GM_Caramel

@CM_Aethon

@CM_Praballo

Thank you

edit: Google Translator

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

We've definitely been keeping track of this thread and while I don't have any direct ETA on if/when this feature could be implemented I have directly conveyed the concerns represented here to the developers and will continue to do so on your behalf. Once I have any additional information I can share I'll be sure to directly update here.

Appreciate the tag(s) ;) 

Edited by CM_Aethon
6 people like this

Posted

It's really nice to be able to toggle these extra effects, such as the imo nauseating zoom in/out action effect. I look at elder scrolls online and they have the zoom in/out thing too but don't have the slider to turn it off. The critical screen flickering since it's in your periphery isn't that bad, but I find the boss flickering more annoying; for example, zaka's entire surface area flickers constantly when people are hitting it, which is far more annoying because it happens in the center of your screen - it would be nice to have a toggle for this effect as well.

Posted

bump

Posted

Bump.

Posted

bump

Posted

Due to the way displays work people that suffer from motion sickness just cannot play some games. there is nothing in the game you can do, changing settings isnt going to help because its not a game setting issue. its a display frequency / contrast issue and how your brain perceives these effects.

Posted

Due to the way displays work people that suffer from motion sickness just cannot play some games. there is nothing in the game you can do, changing settings isnt going to help because its not a game setting issue. its a display frequency / contrast issue and how your brain perceives these effects.

It is a game setting issue. Because theres no option to turn it off. Its hard coded into the game without the ability to shut it off.

1 person likes this

Posted

Show decision attacks off in game settings and easy life

Posted

bump

Posted

Party Play in BDO is just a Pain because of this "feature".

I simply can't do more than 3-4 Boss scrolls before headache kicks in.

Fix it pls! :/

Posted

bump

Posted

This is good for what please ?

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not sure why this effect is important in the game, or why it was implemented.
I have not seen it in any other game.

Imagine that camera effects (upheavals and others) also did not go off.
What percent of people would be able to even play the game?

How many of you have turned on the camera effects? I think the minimum.

The effect of "flicker" is less pronounced but even more so during long gaming dangerous.

How long endure this (be careful not to let sensitive individuals)?

Hidden Content

If a player is more susceptible to these effects, it is BDO unplayable.

I reiterate my personal opinion that the effect of "screen flicker when a critical attack" is totally unnecessary.

Also, this thread is here for a very long time, which means that this problem persists and is still current.

GM please all, pay attention.
@GM_Dew

@GM_Salome

@GM_Caramel

@CM_Aethon

@CM_Praballo

Thank you

edit: Google Translator

I am totally susceptible to that affect. I cant grind for more than 30 mins without getting headache. I would appreciate a function to shut this effect off.

Posted

bump

Posted

This is good for what please ?

You dont see any letters of critical, down attack etc. It help me alot in crowded places like sausans etc and make game more flowded this + dissable other players effect did my game more fuid, the problem is in pvp you can run in aoe witchs 

Posted

You dont see any letters of critical, down attack etc. It help me alot in crowded places like sausans etc and make game more flowded this + dissable other players effect did my game more fuid, the problem is in pvp you can run in aoe witchs 

Try to read the thread next time

1 person likes this

Posted

Try to read the thread next time

He has decision effects turned off irl

1 person likes this

Posted

He has decision effects turned off irl

lel

Posted (edited)

I double dare any developer to sit for 1 hour and play maehwa with 5 critical 5 attack speed.... GUYS PLEASE FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I came back to the game from a long break.... haven't played since the summer...... I came back and this SCREEN FLICKERING made my eyes hurt for a simple guild quest......... 30 m of farming and I decided that I will not play until this is fixed..... never had an issue playing for long hours.... but with this constant flickering...... it makes me REALLY MAD TBH!!!! I have great love for the game, but it pains me to watch my screen (not to get knockbacked, stunned) So ONLY possible way to play is to not look at ur screen while fighting (only way to ACTUALLY NOT SEE THAT STUPID EFFECT IN GAME) ......................... PLEASE DO SOMETHING, PLEASE MAKE US A NEW YEAR PRESENT BY FIXING IT FOR 2017 PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE!........

PLEASE REMOVE THE CRIT EFFECT ON THE SCREEN!!!

@PM_Belsazar 

@GM_Dew

@GM_Salome

@GM_Caramel

@CM_Aethon

@CM_Praballo

@PM_Jouska

@PM_Belsazar 

Edited by paruchen
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I double dare any developer to sit for 1 hour and play maehwa with 5 critical 5 attack speed.... GUYS PLEASE FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I came back to the game from a long break.... haven't played since the summer...... I came back and this SCREEN FLICKERING made my eyes hurt for a simple guild quest......... 30 m of farming and I decided that I will not play until this is fixed..... never had an issue playing for long hours.... but with this constant flickering...... it makes me REALLY MAD TBH!!!! I have great love for the game, but it pains me to watch my screen (not to get knockbacked, stunned) So ONLY possible way to play is to not look at ur screen while fighting (only way to ACTUALLY NOT SEE THAT STUPID EFFECT IN GAME) ......................... PLEASE DO SOMETHING, PLEASE MAKE US A NEW YEAR PRESENT BY FIXING IT FOR 2017 PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE!........

PLEASE REMOVE THE CRIT EFFECT ON THE SCREEN!!!

@PM_Belsazar 

@GM_Dew

@GM_Salome

@GM_Caramel

@CM_Aethon

@CM_Praballo

@PM_Jouska

@PM_Belsazar 

Sorry about my piramyde, BUT! I BEG you, dear developers, PLEASE REMOVE this deadly for my eyes effect. On my 29 inch monitor with NVIDIA GTX 960, this effect works like desease. I was 41 months a supertester in several famous online games, but this problem is only in BDO. The game is interesting, but this effect spoil grinding. TY for atention and good luck! I now how this effect is deeply integrated in graphics of all characters, BUT it`s realy big problem!  Marry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope that soon this problem will be RESOLVED.

Edited by agni
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I get this problem with games that have a lot of camera movement as well, especially in first person views. BDO hasn't been too bad.

One thing that actually helps me a bit is to stay hydrated, because I notice that my mouth gets a little dry.

Edited by Ninety

Posted (edited)

One thing that actually helps me a bit is to stay hydrated, because I notice that my mouth gets a little dry."

u must be jokin....

I was actually talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXFypkrlEjk (I play a much heavier crit class that is basically 100% crit so whatever I do I get these flash flickerings that ruins the whole experience)

this creates heavy strain on ur eyes.......

Edited by paruchen

Posted

Need an issue on these screen effects, my eyes are burning !

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

"Special weapon animation effects can now be deactivated when you use the function “Remove Other’s Effect” in the game options window."

I'm not sure what this should do but if it meant to remove the black flashing then it doesn't work for me.

Edited by Zyler
1 person likes this