• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Critical Screen Effect - Headache city. Halp!

306 posts in this topic

Posted

i recently switched from ranger to my sorc. The black flickering on crit is now a lot lesser BUT there is a white flicker when performing counter attacks. This is much more visible than the black crit effect and rly destroys me.

I recorded a shot clip to show the effect. Sorry for the shitty quality, im on a limited connection right now, so i needed to scale it down.

@CM_Aethon @PM_Jouska

2 people like this

Posted

bump

Posted

Getting close to a year and still not fixed. Hard to believe tbh.

1 person likes this

Posted

bump. this is SUPER annoying. This is such a simple request to add a toggle to it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Can admin/mod please start doing something?

Posted

GM team, please give us some new info to this "feature", thank you.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@GM_Caramel  if we start insulting GMs and breaking forum rules will this thread be noticed?

Or posting info about exploits or hacks. 

Or advertising one of the three big private servers? 

WHAT will bring attention to this thread!?

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted

This "feature" is probably hardcoded into the engine and can't be undone without thousands of workhours and creating X Bugs in the aftermath. The developers can't spend their ressources on it, but at the same time they feel too embarrassed to tell us about it since now it is too late.

Its ok guys... just do it already, we will forgive you i_hug_that_feel.pngJust... let it go. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

BUMP

Posted

The withe flickering during counter attack is really annoying. :(

1 person likes this

Posted

I still can't believe this Post got 461 replies, thousands of views and NO BODY cares about that huge problem, this not even got one mention in the patch or announcement notes.

i haven't been so disappointed since i started a new character and had to buy new Costume, weight and other stuff which is f***ing bound on character for no reason but only to milk the player for their money!

No grinding possible with that = no money = no good gear = no mood to play anymore

This is a reason for quiting this game, a thiny annoying thing that destroys a good game because no one cares about it. 

Posted

bump

Posted

BUMP

Posted

I still can't believe this Post got 461 replies, thousands of views and NO BODY cares about that huge problem, this not even got one mention in the patch or announcement notes.

i haven't been so disappointed since i started a new character and had to buy new Costume, weight and other stuff which is f***ing bound on character for no reason but only to milk the player for their money!

No grinding possible with that = no money = no good gear = no mood to play anymore

This is a reason for quiting this game, a thiny annoying thing that destroys a good game because no one cares about it. 

The topic has the attention of the staff atm ...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have forwarded the issue to the developers.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Yeah though it's still quite meh seeing that it is taking a long time to give response to players ... can only hope ❤️️

Posted

I have no idea why there is no way to turn it off. It is literally just a few lines of code to put it in, can't be so hard to comment them out. Who will miss the flickering? Let's be honest...

1 person likes this

Posted

bump

Posted

BUMP!

My eyes are bleeding!

Posted (edited)

There are adjustments that can be made to alleviate some of these issues.

Under the settings you can completely remove the screen shaking during action animations.

and you can completely remove the  "IMMUNE-CRITICAL HIT- BACK HIT-" attack notifications.

The only issue that i can't seem to adjust is the camera zooming, BUT having the SCREEN SHAKING at 0 helps a bit.

During some attack animations the camera does a minor "zoom in"...That ones a bit annoying.

Edited by Felyni

Posted

bump

Posted

edit: this has been fixed

Posted

There are adjustments that can be made to alleviate some of these issues.

Under the settings you can completely remove the screen shaking during action animations.

and you can completely remove the  "IMMUNE-CRITICAL HIT- BACK HIT-" attack notifications.

The only issue that i can't seem to adjust is the camera zooming, BUT having the SCREEN SHAKING at 0 helps a bit.

During some attack animations the camera does a minor "zoom in"...That ones a bit annoying.

Those are all not the issue(as you say yourself, you can turn it off), it's mainly about the dark flashes that happen all around the screen edges. Somebody posted a video/gif somewhere in this thread that shows it rather well.

Just recently was grinding with a friend again and it is just extremely straining to the eyes/headache inducing.

@CM_Aethon, @CM_Praballo, @CM_Yukimura please make sure this is looked into again.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was going to start playing after 2 years. But after i login for 20 min just look around to see if any of my friends are still playing. i got a massive headache from just checking thing out. 

cameraEffectMaster = 0.00
cameraShakePower = 0.00
motionBlurPower = 0.00

fov = 70.00

Posted

Bump, still have this issue :I

1 person likes this