• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Critical Screen Effect - Headache city. Halp!

306 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I stopped playing this game 5 month ago in hope they gonna fix the the black flickering effect..
I cant play with my ranger. My crit damage gives me hardcore blackflashes and if I play in a party I get one flicker per second.
Pls mods respond to this and give an option to disable this. 
Here's a video how my game looks when someone hits a monster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXFypkrlEjk
Its a very hard to play and I cant play longer than 20 minutes.. Please fix this, its a problem for many many players.

Edited by DreS0X
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well one more month give or take, and it will be a full year from when a admin actually ACKNOWLEDGED that this was an issue(Not just seen it, or had it reported, but actually STATED they know about it and plan to fix it)

So.. a year... for something this easy to fix? WTF?

This is something that can very easily be a health issue(I know it is for me, being that only a few minutes of this flashing gives me a nightmare of a headache)

Say anything about caring for your customers/product??

almost a full year since an admin has actually acknowledged that this is an issue?

Say anything about caring for your customers/product??

Edited by AtmaDarkwolf
Triple post
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

BUMP

The flickering is particulary eye exhausting when doing boss fields, at ig night they flash like a stroboscope and burn all eyes, maybe better with all graphic effects on low but still... not a solution.

A solution please !

Edited by Syan
1 person likes this

Posted

IMO (And im sure many will agree) its an effect that is simply NOT needed and does NOTHING to 'build immersion' into the game. It actually takes away some(not even considering the fact its like staring at a strobe light)

1 person likes this

Posted

Please fix this. Super annoying...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I found a setting, which disables the flickering from party members. Playing on german, so hope you can figure out which setting it is on english.

Just disable the setting I show on the picture. But it only disables party member crit effects. (Still better than nothing <3)

dasdasd.png

Edited by DreS0X
3 people like this

Posted

I found a setting, which disables the flickering from party members. Playing on german, so hope you can figure out which setting it is on english.

Just disable the setting I show on the picture. But it only disables party member crit effects. (Still better than nothing <3)

dasdasd.png

Omg yea, that fixed it for me.

3 people like this

Posted

dasdasd.png

This may not be THE solution everyone needs, but it is a great little workaround to at least help mitigate the issue a little.

You're awesome!

1 person likes this

Posted

I Just checked mine, and that was already unchecked. Checking it made it worse. LOL

Posted (edited)

@AtmaDarkwolf

Try rechecking it. Mine was uncheched too and I got the effects. Then I checked and unchecked, after this it worked.
I think its because I unchecked it a long while ago and they patched it in this time, so it need to be re-unchecked.

Edited by DreS0X
1 person likes this

Posted

I only solo grind so their fix does jack for me

Posted

Please have an option to remove all flickering from monsters when they are hit. Really breaks the immersion and visuals of the game as well as causes eye strain.

1 person likes this

Posted

bump. 

I'm going to develop epilepsy during my party grinds =/

1 person likes this

Posted

Started noticing this today in Sausans. I literally feel like puking after grinding in a group for about 30 mins. I managed to turn it off for other players, but I cant turn it off for my own crits which makes me sick.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was able to turn off the effect for others by checking, applying, then unchecking the "Party Member Hit Type Display" box under Settings>Game>Character Outline/Silhouette Options... but it still does it for all of my hits...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

         

Edited by Akesuke

Posted

Thought I would share something since I was having a huge problem with this. I swapped out monitors to the Asus PG279Q monitor and this has helped a lot. If you have light sensitivity issues and this flickering gives you a headache, I actually do suggest it even though the price tag is high.

Posted

Yup still a thing, takes a while but eventualy it gets to me as well.

Posted

Still a thing, defiantly, some classes cause it more than others(Still unsure if skill or class related) and when it gets bad, its BAD.

Had a guy who claimed to be GM say it was 'forced because of the code, where as the flashing was how your client recognizes hit boxing' which I think was a pure BS illogical reason for it (Since if, for whatever illogical reason your client used flashes of light to determine if a hit or miss was the result of an attack instead of the norm, why use flashing white light and not invisible light?)

Anyways. Yes. GM's STILL AN ISSUE. PLEASE FIX.

U do know what a 'deal breaker' is right? Shit like this (Esp where it causes REAL HEALTH ISSUES. PLEASE read that again. REAL. HEALTH. ISSUES!) will chase people from your game.

1 person likes this

Posted

I started grinding on Sorc and its gotten even worse now, because not only are there the black flashes from critical effects but (when Violation is off cooldown), white flashes from the counter attack implemented in Violation.

This shit gets on your nerves really, really fast.

Posted

yes. you can disable some of the 'other's effects' and your game will look sorta like ass, but it STILL does not solve this issue.

I am sorta (honestly, very much not just sorta) annoyed that the dev's have SEEN, ACKNOWLEDGED, and RESPONDED MULTIPLE TIMES about this but have DONE JACK SHIT about it. And its REALLY SUCH AN EASY FIX CODING WISE.

I mean ffs GET ON IT. Its likely only a single line of code disabling this junk.

Posted

leaked images of kakao

aa46486347fb43d601904dbb1d7ba4b5f5ed7ef6227b14767b6b4615e4eab03b.png

Posted

bump