• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Critical Screen Effect - Headache city. Halp!

306 posts in this topic

Posted

That's why I solo grind to lvl58 with my ranger.

Problem still exist, can't grind in a party due to the bad critical effect.

10/11/2016

Posted

How is this still not fixed? 

Posted

I remember posting in this thread back in April.... and still nothing.

Posted (edited)

Remember when they added lighting to keyboards that one week

Lol this company's priorities

what? lighting to keyboards?

Also some mod needs to respond here

Edited by Salbe

Posted

I have had this since about 3 months ago....i have all camera effects turned off as well but after an hour or two I get really sick to my stomach and headache.  I do take breaks but if I can't break (groups etc) then I take a dramamine before I play for long.  What ever causes it is definitely in the same category as motion sickness.  I really would be glad if they could fix this as sometimes it sneaks up on me and I have to quit and lie down for a couple hours.  

Sure it is controllable with attention, rest breaks and all the sliders turned off etc.  (not to mention the dramamine)  But it would be great if I could just play.

Heh talk about playin til your eyes bleed.

Posted (edited)

bump

Edited by Salbe

Posted

Mods please respond to this

Posted

Turn down your camera aftereffects. The white flash when distant players would hit mobs would give me a headache. I turned aftereffects and camera effects to lower settings. cured it. Give it a try.

Posted

Turning off the effects just changes it to a black flash, same problem just slightly less in your face.

1 person likes this

Posted

Turn down your camera aftereffects. The white flash when distant players would hit mobs would give me a headache. I turned aftereffects and camera effects to lower settings. cured it. Give it a try.

This has been said a billion times. It does not resolve the probelm as its pretty much baked into the game.

A mod please give input to this

Posted

Turning off the effects just changes it to a black flash, same problem just slightly less in your face.

Ah I see. Never really noticed, though I understand the sensitivity, so you won't find me denying the issue. In general I agree it's headache inducing and I'm not sure exactly why it's in game really.

Posted

I know the effect the OP is referring to, this change request was already on the list, but I will add the additional feedback now.

Thing is, we've been asking for this since before launch.  Still nothing.

1 person likes this

Posted

bump

Posted

I didn't use to have this problem but now I got a new PC and the game has started to flicker on crits. At first I thought my monitor was broken but it showed up on recordings on other PC's too. 

Judging from all the posts this problem have been around since beta, I can't believe it's not fixed yet.

Posted

bump

Posted

bump

Posted

bump

Posted

Could GM/Mod stop ignoring this issue? Or is it some secret thing that they should never be talking about?

Posted

So I mostly used to play warrior and am currently leveling a ranger. Tonight while spanking some giants, I ended up getting a headache and feeling nauseous. I knew something was different and after watching the screen closely while fighting, I noticed that it "flashes dark" when you crit something (as far as I could tell).

I remember reading a while ago about this effect in groups and I noticed it myself while grouping (which I havent done a lot). Im not sure why I'm just noticing it now on my ranger solo, maybe it was the lighting of the area I was in that made it even more apparent. And as a warrior, I assumed it was part of the overall effect of spinning slash/scars as they have 100% crit chance. I guess I'm critting more often with ranger now so I notice it more.

Anyway, I've turned down all the camera effects in the settings to 0 but the effect is still there. Has anyone discovered a setting to turn this off? I can only play for a short time before I end up feeling sick from it. Or maybe its just me?

Thanks

i lowered all then camera shake and flashing effects in settings within game 

Posted

Maybe the mods will notice this thread again, someday.

Posted

Maybe the mods will notice this thread again, someday.

I have long since given up on the negligent support here on anything other than money making things. They do not see that this helps or hurts their cash shop, so they do not care. Kakao solidified that this is the only game that I will ever play from Korea. The PvE aspects are still the best of any MMO on the market, but everything else is a complete disaster. This game has failed ni PvP balance, failed in Open World PvP aspects and purpose, failed in a proper Karma and Pk system, where all of these things are just roll your eyes and know that they didn't try. They also failed in communication to the playerbase and those interested, failed to uphold their own terms time and time again. The servers bad off as well. It is not confusing how kakao was boycotted in Korea, how the company has been sued as many times as it has, and how it is struggling on their main aspect of the company, setting them on the path to be a publisher for this game, in a desperate move to salvage their business. I am still waiting for the lost Jouska to make an appearance, lol. The truth behind it is, MMOs are just a victim of their own success. It is now in the hands of the greediest and ruthless of businesses.

Posted

bump. stop ignoring this thread.

Posted

+1 on this, the crit flash is realy anoying

Posted

bump

Posted

bump